SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47106 - 01/16/07 07:55 AM Midi file editing on KN5000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there people, i'm new and i have a question or 2. basically i'm trying to edit midi files from floppy disc -> kn5000, but it's pretty confusing. 1: is there a difference in the sounds between midi and technincs? 2: I need to edit/insert measures into my midi files, how can i do this? there is other stuff too but i won't burden you all with too many questions. maybe there is some faq on midi editing with the kn5000 you could direct me to?

thank you very much in advance,
phil

#47107 - 01/16/07 08:28 AM Re: Midi file editing on KN5000
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Philbo:
..... 1: is there a difference in the sounds between midi and technincs? 2: I need to edit/insert measures into my midi files, how can i do this? there is other stuff too but i won't burden you all with too many questions. maybe there is some faq on midi editing with the kn5000 you could direct me to?

thank you very much in advance,
phil

Hi, it's nice to see new faces peeking in, welcome.

Yes, there are difference in sounds depending what source you use to play your files,
but the GM standard is a set of 128 voices who are a kind of standard in whatever GM
instrument or soundmodule you use. However, by use of the other sounds in KN, you can
save as Technicsfile for later use, but then again, it's no longer a GM file and will
not load as one in other devices.

You can add and edit measures in your KN, but he easiest way are maybe to use music
software on your PC, such as i.e. what you'll find here: www.musicmasterworks.com

Also there are some technical stuff and info at this webpage. If you go to "Technical pages"
there are several links, also i.e. to "Bob's How To KN5000 Pages".
Maybe there are some tips & hints to use about things you like to know.

Happy editing and playing.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-16-2007).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online