SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#47015 - 08/03/07 05:54 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
ROGER.....Two days is just not enough time with all of you to justify the expense of crossing the pond or even crossing the US....

A 7 day week would be a whole other consideration....

ELIZABETH

#47016 - 08/03/07 03:14 PM Re: Revisiting Basics
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Roger and I have 'crossed the pond' on two occasions, to attend the two-day 'Jams' in USA In fact, Roger has attended three Jams in USA !

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#47017 - 08/04/07 06:40 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
etwo4788 Offline

Some have deeper pockets than others....

#47018 - 08/04/07 09:24 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Elizabeth
Can you give me some ideas for what you'd like to pick up in a whole week - following on from Bernie and John's theme for this thread...
Rog

#47019 - 08/05/07 07:39 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
etwo4788 Offline

ROGER..... Great question!

There is so much to learn about the awesome 7K. Though mine has been with me a bit more than 3 years there are things about it that I know nothing about though I have explored extensively & learned from others as well....mostly from all you wonderful "Zonies".

If there are more than a handful of attendees at the convention who are willing to share their knowledge of the 7K it surely would take longer than 2 days for each person to exhibit/share the following.....

1)How each person programs the 7K & how these personal choices serve their needs.

2)How each sets-up all the places next to the SD card slot, the Part & Global Effect areas, & why.

3)How each uses any/all the ancillary equipment plugged into the 7K.

4)Opportunity to load the programs everyone is willing to share to SD &/or Floppy...

5)Hear each person play their favorite pieces....

By participating in jams & in explaining what I do know about the 7K, it takes a long time for each player to showcase their personal instrument & to hear what they can do with it.

Maybe I am just a slow learner...or maybe I just don't exolore as much as is needed to find all the things I am interested in learning....

Thanks for your question Roger....

ELIZABETH

[This message has been edited by etwo4788 (edited 08-05-2007).]

#47020 - 08/05/07 10:31 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
This is for Bernie9 and others. Don't rely so much on using your equalizer. In your case of the piano being too briddle sounding, (brilliant) use your PART SETTING to correct this. Use the piano sound you have chosen, click on PROGRAM MENUS, click on SOUND (top left) then click on PART SETTING. (top left) Go to Page 4 and go to BRIGHTNESS and lower the number to a sound that is more pleasing to you. Be sure and save it to your PANEL MEMORY or better yet, save it permanently in SOUND MEMORY.

Scott

#47021 - 08/07/07 07:40 PM Re: Revisiting Basics
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
In your case of the piano being too brittle sounding, (brilliant) use your PART SETTING to correct this. Use the piano sound you have chosen, click on PROGRAM MENUS, click on SOUND (top left) then click on PART SETTING. (top left) Go to Page 4 and go to BRIGHTNESS and lower the number to a sound that is more pleasing to you. Be sure and save it to your PANEL MEMORY or better yet, save it permanently in SOUND MEMORY.
Scott
Scott, I agree but let’s look at the Global EQ from a different perspective.

1-A Mixer is a unit that many different plug ins. Microphones, CD player, amplified instruments and keyboards.
2- You plug into your own channel which normally has a volume control, a panning control (adjusting how your right and left speakers are feed), A bass, treble, and possibly a mid-range control. Some have effect controls.
3-You adjust each channel to get a well balanced sound.
4- Now, you use the master volume control to adjust to overall volume of the channels.

You are done – until you change the room you are playing in. A well-carpeted room does not respond the same as a room with tile floors. I have set up in a Elks Lodge -- the room was cold, they do that in preparation for the coming guests. The sound of the PA was thin and a bit harsh so I adjusted the Global EQ, the one that effects all the channels. After two hours the room became warmer my sound had to much bass and the highs were partially lost. I adjusted the EQ and all went well.

Our KN7000 has these same features. Adjust each memory registration so that the instrument sound blends with the other registrations, a balanced sound. When your surroundings change you adjust the Global EQ, the one that effects the entire keyboard.

Example;
1-I am playing for my own enjoyment, the keyboard sounds nice as it is.
2-My wife starts to serve dinner and I want the KN7000 to play soft background music. The volume control will make the KN7 louder and softer but the sound will stay the same. I normally use the Global EQ to bring the bass down just a bit and cut back on the treble, since that is the part that cuts through.

You do not have to use the EQ, but when it is used properly it adds to the overall sound of the KN7000.

John C.

#47022 - 08/08/07 03:19 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Scott and John
Thanks for replies. This is only one small example of topics that can help everyone, and stimulate interest in our forum

Bernie

#47023 - 08/08/07 06:24 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
OK - I give in - where's the EQ button...
Rog

#47024 - 08/08/07 10:37 AM Re: Revisiting Basics
Keyboardcapers Offline

Loc: England
Program Menus
Reverb & Effect
Equalizer

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online