SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#468609 - 04/13/19 07:45 AM Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don't you hate suffering from success? I'm not bragging, because we've probably all been in situations where there just didn't seem like enough of us to go around, right? I'm preparing for a work schedule that I haven't had since I was in my 30s.
The entertainment industry is feast or famine, and my feast is about to begin.

My steady (restaurant) job is Thursday thru Sunday,
My Wednesday happy hour has been building steadily for months, so that's a vertical, as well,
Summer puts me back on stage at the Jersey Shore on Mondays & Tuesdays,
(counting on two hands now ... yup - that's EVERY night) AGHHHHHH! woot

Quick comic relief: You can have sex up to 6 days each week, but not 7 ... cuz that makes a "hole weak" (whole week?) lol (I kill me) rotfl

Seriously, I'm not worried, but I have a few concerns. The main issue is all the other "stuff" that life throws you along your path - kids, aging parents, traffic, auto ...
I'm quite ready for the challenge, but to paraphrase John Lennon,
if "Life happens to me, while I'm busy making other plans" ... it could get tricky.
Fortunately, I have a few aces up my sleeve.

First:
I seem to work better when I'm just a bit tired. It keeps my ego in check, and disallows me to "experiment" too much. I'm more on task.
Second:
My 4 night room has lots of regular singers who sit in, and I get a break from vocalizing when I'm in backup mode.
Third:
The seashore invigorates me. I get a new lease on life, just smelling the salt in the air. It's a real thing. My Dad always said that salt water can cure almost anything from broken hearts to broken bones. (He may have been romanticizing just a bit)

So, it's healthy eating, regular sleep schedule, and extra vitamin C for 12 weeks ... and NOTHING ELSE. There's not time for extras ... luckily, my work is also my release, and my passion, and my primary source of fun.
C'mon summer ... I'm ready for you!

#468612 - 04/13/19 08:32 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don't forget the added bonus of having a steady income. My dad had a great saying "There's only one thing money can't buy - Poverty!" wink

Good luck, Dave,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#468613 - 04/13/19 08:42 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have nothing in particular to add except I am happy for you. You have earned your success, enjoy.

#468614 - 04/13/19 08:45 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

All I know is during summer months when I visit Uncle Dave when he is playing down the Jersey shore Monday & Tuesday evenings at the Crab Trap Restaurant in Sommers Point, NJ.., besides his great music this is what I order while enjoying the song stylings of UD I love! keys
Make the trip you won't regret it. cool2

Attachments
llllllllllll.jpg

Edited by Dnj (04/13/19 08:56 AM)

#468619 - 04/13/19 09:02 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dave ... that's really great that you have that schedule ... I am sure you will fully enjoy it, but 'DON'T BLINK' ... wink

PS: I went through all 275 pics on the web site and was VERY disappointed - not ONE pic of Uncle Dave performing !!! frown
Someone has to do something about that -Donny?!?

Edited by tony mads usa (04/13/19 09:18 AM)
Edit Reason: add PS

#468623 - 04/13/19 09:38 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

#468624 - 04/13/19 09:40 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

did you see these?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.39.33 PM.png (38 downloads)

#468626 - 04/13/19 09:52 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Quick comic relief: You can have sex up to 6 days each week, but not 7 ... cuz that makes a "hole weak" (whole week?) lol (I kill me)

Good one Dave. If it weren’t for the pain...I’d give it a full belly laugh!

JM

Edited by jingleman (04/13/19 09:56 AM)

#468628 - 04/13/19 10:18 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Dave ... that's really great that you have that schedule ... I am sure you will fully enjoy it, but 'DON'T BLINK' ... wink

PS: I went through all 275 pics on the web site and was VERY disappointed - not ONE pic of Uncle Dave performing !!! frown
Someone has to do something about that -Donny?!?

Tony I have so many pics & videos of Dave thru the years.....
but I am sure he will accommodate...enjoy

#468631 - 04/13/19 11:20 AM Re: Somewhat O/T - Gearing up for the busy season [Re: Uncle Dave]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks for sharing your photos, Dave:

Loved the shot of that RAP Piano! Still rolling in the floor in uncontrolled laughter.

Best wishes for continued success in "The Long-GIG Season" and I enjoyed your "take" on how you keep things under control... like being tired. You are a unique talent!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online