SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#467850 - 03/26/19 05:45 AM Best BATTERY POWERED arranger?
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I've seen a few arrangers out there that can run on batteries; usually lower-end ones. For quick jams and parties etc. where I don't want to bring my full rig (Genos-based), I kind of have started thinking about a lower-end, battery-powered arranger as a
"knock-around" toy, sort of :-)

I see that Korg EK-50 and Yamaha PSR-EW410 are possible choices. I'm sure there are others. I was surprised at the features on the EK-50 ... even has *3* RH voices you can layer (plus Left), just like Tyros/Genos.

I'll be checking around the 'net for demos and reviews etc., but thought I'd ask this here, in case anyone here has experience with battery-powered arranger keyboards ...

Thanks!
Jim

#467852 - 03/26/19 05:55 AM Re: Best BATTERY POWERED arranger? [Re: jimlaing]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Jim
I just use a power station. one of those rechargable battery
things that has jumper cables to jump your car and AC outlets for lamps or other things and they usually have usb charging ports. they are around $100 and will last for at least 6 hours for a keyboard. all differant brands at home depot, lowes walmart ect. Plus I have my bose s1 pros which will run on internal batteries.
MEL

#467853 - 03/26/19 06:37 AM Re: Best BATTERY POWERED arranger? [Re: jimlaing]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have a Yamaha np-v60 , 76 keys, battery power..

I also used a battery power laptop, running 1man band, with a usb controller. and a Marantz battery powered amp.

#467854 - 03/26/19 07:27 AM Re: Best BATTERY POWERED arranger? [Re: jimlaing]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
The Casio CT-X3000 is much better than either of the ones you mentioned, in terms of features and sound quality. Before I would get an EW410, I would even consider the ancient PSR-730 (yes they are still available on popular auction sites)

But what MEL said is true- just get a UPS or even a big power bank. Most of the newer arrangers don't draw that much current.

#467862 - 03/26/19 11:59 AM Re: Best BATTERY POWERED arranger? [Re: jimlaing]
Bachus Offline

The best? questions allways ask for opinions...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#467924 - 03/28/19 05:45 AM Re: Best BATTERY POWERED arranger? [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - yeah, I guess by "best", I meant, "best in your opinion/experience" ... I realized it's not absolute ... I just wanted to see if others had experiences and suggestions on what they felt was a good/great (in their opinion) battery-powered arranger keyboard ...

Thanks!
Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online