SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#466866 - 03/02/19 11:45 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Thats ok Don....all good points of interest....
the BREAK button is essential for sure.

#466868 - 03/02/19 11:47 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
At least the EA7 HAS a break button, but it's just a bar of silence. I'm sure if one wanted to spend the time, he could take all the styles he uses, edit the break and save as User style, but that's a lot of trouble.

#466870 - 03/02/19 11:53 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
At least the EA7 HAS a break button, but it's just a bar of silence. I'm sure if one wanted to spend the time, he could take all the styles he uses, edit the break and save as User style, but that's a lot of trouble.

Don as many players here have said they use 8-20 styles max.. So that is not a big editing job to personalize your styles..

#466871 - 03/02/19 11:59 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, maybe find two or three breaks that are useful, then copy and paste to the rest. I assume the EA7 has that capability, but I haven't looked as I find myself mostly using the Korg, and reserving the Roland for backup or extra jobs, which are rare.

#466873 - 03/02/19 12:16 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Fran Carango]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Eric, what else does the Yamaha break give you that you can't duplicate with the method I mentioned?

You can also select one or more of the 6 fills and write a break, maybe a turn around or bass lead into another chord change. Unlimited possibilities and making it your own,

It does all kinds of things depending on the style.
Especially Song specific styles.
From short phrases to to drum fills to ...
Yes it can all be programmed. But wait I don't have to, because I have a break button smile
Eric

#466875 - 03/02/19 12:22 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Eric, B]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B
Eric, what else does the Yamaha break give you that you can't duplicate with the method I mentioned?

You can also select one or more of the 6 fills and write a break, maybe a turn around or bass lead into another chord change. Unlimited possibilities and making it your own,

Yes it can all be programmed. But wait I don't have to, because I have a break button smile
Eric

Just a side note... Don's EA7 has 6 pads and 7 assignable buttons that can be used for many break purposes .. that is 13 options for breaks smile and of course that single "break " button, the useless silence frown

None of my comments are "mine is better then yours". They are suggestions to resolve a break issue on Roland boards and make some folks think about style edits that they never thought of before.. smile

Edited by Fran Carango (03/02/19 12:28 PM)

#466878 - 03/02/19 02:04 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hmmm, I know why you bought another keyboard.

To keep your mind busy so you don’t go nuts --- and what is happening in this post.

I like it, John C.

#466882 - 03/02/19 03:21 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Fran Carango]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B

Eric

Just a side note... Don's EA7 has 6 pads and 7 assignable buttons that can be used for many break purposes .. that is 13 options for breaks smile and of course that single "break " button, the useless silence frown

None of my comments are "mine is better then yours". They are suggestions to resolve a break issue on Roland boards and make some folks think about style edits that they never thought of before.. smile

I didn't think they were. wink
Just poking you a little since I know how much you like Roland arrangers ... wink
All arrangers have there strength and their flaws.
None are perfect.
As long as I can find work arounds I am happy.
Most arrangers let us do this with the tools provided.
You certainly mastered that for Roland. wink
In addition it's all about what we need ...
Thank good each of us is different. Otherwise we would have nothing to discuss on this forum.
Eric

#466885 - 03/02/19 04:27 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Donny why are you messing with the S670 at all? The S975 blanket dominates the models further down in the line. Considering the difference in street price and all the benefits, anything further down in the Yamaha food chain is going to be a disappointment as you look for features you're accustomed to in your previous Yamahas and other brands.

Edited by TedS (03/02/19 04:27 PM)

#466887 - 03/02/19 04:56 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Ted the S670 is more then meets the eyes sound and style wise, not much different than the other S series out there in that respect, ...... don't let the price fool you wink .. it's more than capable for my needs...
All else is outboard gear.

Edited by Dnj (03/02/19 04:58 PM)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online