SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#466834 - 03/01/19 05:29 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Page 87 of the Owner Manual

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#466846 - 03/02/19 05:45 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Page 87 of the Owner Manual

Gary it only talks about the MEQ ( entire sound)
NOT separate PARTS EQ confused1

Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Edited by Dnj (03/02/19 05:46 AM)

#466850 - 03/02/19 08:00 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
That's because you cannot edit the EQ of the style parts or voices separately.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#466853 - 03/02/19 08:36 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
That's because you cannot edit the EQ of the style parts or voices separately.

That's what I thought Gary after searching and knowing the
Yamaha S-series units, etc, OS for years ...
cut backs in different models have to be made somewhere.
no biggie there are other workarounds when needed & most of my styles were customized on all my S units long ago..
That said I gotta say the S670 is the best bang for the buck
in an arranger KB. There is so much S970 inside that makes it a super efficient keyboard for sure...who knew? cool2

#466854 - 03/02/19 09:20 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Nothing touches Roland's "Make up" tools smile

No reason at any price that you should not be able to apply individual eq to parts of a style. shocked

I think I would re think the bang for the buck, there are many other options. Still this is all you need for a "bedroom" player grin

#466855 - 03/02/19 09:47 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

No reason at any price that you should not be able to apply individual eq to parts of a style. shocked

I think I would re think the bang for the buck, there are many other options. Still this is all you need for a "bedroom" player grin

at least there is a "BREAK" Button....just sayin' wink

#466861 - 03/02/19 11:21 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

at least there is a "BREAK" Button....just sayin' wink

Absolutely no need for a break button. The Break on newer Roland's are silence (useless). The best way to solve the break issue on Roland keyboards that have D' beam.. Set the D-beam control to mute all but drums, now you can have a break and use fills to any length you want. D-beam will bring it to full backing again.. This break gives you 4 variations and 6 fills on a BK9/G70.. The only better break is Ketron (SD7) with audio drums added. "Just sayin" smile

#466862 - 03/02/19 11:30 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Fran Carango]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
The break button on Yamaha arrangers does a lot more than just mute parts.
I am with Donny on that one.
I use it all the time wink
Eric

#466864 - 03/02/19 11:40 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Intro one on the EA7 can often be used for breaks. You have to time it. The intros have been redone on it, I suppose for this feature.
Still I prefer the way all the other brands handle breaks.
One the PA4X, I assign Break/fill to pedal 6 on the foot controller, then intro 3, the short one, to pedal 5. It's often they can be used in sequence for some great breaks.
On the EA7, I assign intro one to the assignable foot switch. Without using the pedals it can sometimes be confusing to remember that the intensities of the intros are reversed between the two models.
On many of the Korg songstyles, and on some internal styles, the intros one and two offer custom riffs to fit songs.
And, a lot of times, after converting midi files to styles on the Korg, the intros are very useful for that same reason.
Woops this has nothing to do with e.q. on style parts. Sorry DNJ, but I took all that time to write this so will leave it. smile

#466865 - 03/02/19 11:44 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Eric, what else does the Yamaha break give you that you can't duplicate with the method I mentioned?

You can also select one or more of the 6 fills and write a break, maybe a turn around or bass lead into another chord change. Unlimited possibilities and making it your own,

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online