SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#466513 - 02/24/19 05:31 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By underdog
I have an old long redundant Korg PA80 lying about here somewhere and I remember comparing the voices to the Micro arranger and there were almost identical so I was just curious about the PA4x

If I'm not totally wrong, the MA has pretty much the same specs as PA50.
Honest, it sounds fairly good, nice styles, but naturally, it's a big step up to the 'big brothers'.
I bought it for fun, and to bring along when we drive around with the motorhome because of the nice size and light weight.
The miniKeys is far better to adapt and play than expected, even if they felt like toy at the first touch. cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#466519 - 02/24/19 07:07 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
What is "best" is totally subjective. The Korg is "best" for me. Operating features, live sounding styles, vocal processor/harmonizer.
If you prefer Genos, that's wonderful, but you really can't tell everyone it is "best". Well I guess you can, but that doesn't make it valid.
I can see where Ketron is "best" for many. The Genos would be my third choice at this point, even if all were priced sensibly.

#466520 - 02/24/19 07:14 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
What is "best" is totally subjective. The Korg is "best" for me. Operating features, live sounding styles, vocal processor/harmonizer.
If you prefer Genos, that's wonderful, but you really can't tell everyone it is "best". Well I guess you can, but that doesn't make it valid.
I can see where Ketron is "best" for many. The Genos would be my third choice at this point, even if all were priced sensibly.

with only 4 TOTL "arranger" kb contenders makes it very limited in choices these day,....all 4 are capable,....but there are also other avenues to create music if you open your mind. But as Don said if you a Singer/player the KORG Pa4x and soon to be Pa5x is hard to beat for live performance in so many ways.

#466542 - 02/24/19 01:09 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

sadly as stated by so many here ... GENOS is the "BEST"

Yup ... that IS sad to see repeated so often ... with great bias.
smile

#466557 - 02/25/19 12:52 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Dnj]
underdog Offline

Thank you Dnj for that. I didn't know there was going to be a PA5x coming out. Any ideas when this will be released.
If it would be sometime in the near future ti might be worth holding off till then.
Incidentally, (wishful thinking) has Anyone heard news of a new version of the Ketron Audya as AJ said that the SD9 was not a replacement for the Audya in an interview

#466558 - 02/25/19 01:54 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
There is a major upgrade to the PA4X due anytime, not a new board.

#466569 - 02/25/19 05:08 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Dnj Offline

lets not forget the new GENOS 2 also while we are at it....just sayin'

#466573 - 02/25/19 07:57 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Dnj
lets not forget the new GENOS 2 also while we are at it....just sayin'

There's a Genos 2???

shocked

#466574 - 02/25/19 08:03 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By underdog
Hi. I am looking for some kind users advice on what would be the best arranger keyboard for my needs
I play in a small two-piece group now keyboards and guitar and use just the keyboard styles with a bit of tweaking
I have been using Ketron (SD1 and at present Audya) for a long time and I am thinking of changing my keyboard.
What would most people recommend. Korg PA4X, Yamaha Genos Ketron SD9. or anything else.?
I live in a fairly remote country area where there are no music shops with any selection of decent keyboards to compare side by side.
We play a variety of country,pop,60s and some irish/scottish traditional music.
I would appreciate any suggestions on users opinions on this.
thank you.

To add to the confusion..

Casio is coming out(and has come out with)portable arrangers in 88 key(simulated) hammered action...that is if you prefer hammered action and 88 keys.

The Casio Privia S3000 is interesting to me...simulated hammered action.

https://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/privia-series/px-s3000

Just like Yamaha, Casio is weak on both styles and voices in their 88 key, hammered action arrangers. This doesn't surprise me as folks(near as I can tell) interested in 88 key hammered action don't seem to be too interested in arrangers.

This new 88 key arranger, PX S3000 is supposed to have better voices and styles.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/25/19 08:18 AM)

#466579 - 02/25/19 08:40 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There have been ZERO announcements for a Genos or a PA5X. Korg is due soon, but that doesn't mean as much because of the free upgrade. Genos is not due for at least a year or two.
Anything else is guessing.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online