SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#466407 - 02/21/19 02:00 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I took piano lessons for awhile, about twenty years ago, but, as an adult playing the chord method for so long, I didn't have enough time in my life to be halfway competent. I had already been taught basic theory, and remembered enough left hand bass clef to play simple songs, but that was it. Many of us have heard many times that it is easier to switch to keyboard from piano than vice versa. How true.

#466420 - 02/22/19 06:33 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Bernie9]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I took piano lessons for awhile, about twenty years ago, but, as an adult playing the chord method for so long, I didn't have enough time in my life to be halfway competent. I had already been taught basic theory, and remembered enough left hand bass clef to play simple songs, but that was it. Many of us have heard many times that it is easier to switch to keyboard from piano than vice versa. How true.

Excuse me for hijacking the thread, but on the subject of music theory for those that are interested, a guy named Rick Beato has a youtube channel that may be helpful. Some of the stuff is basic but he has a little something for everyone I believe. He is a former producer and plays both guitar and keys.

#466448 - 02/23/19 03:50 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
underdog Offline

I am really very thankful to every member who took the time to reply to my request. I am still undecided as to what keyboard to go for but I am leaning towards the Korg
I had a Tyros 4 for some time ago and I didn't keep it very long as I didn't think it suited my type of music as well as the Ketron.
I also have a Korg Microarranger and I am wondering what the PA4X instrument sounds are like in comparison to it.

#466451 - 02/23/19 08:12 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Everything about the 4X is better than the Microarranger, except for the fact that you can carry the KMA in a holster on your belt if you wish. smile
Better sound engine, better styles, better operating system, better keys...
4X has the best vocal processor/harmonizer there is, short of really expensive third party ones.
Version two OS gave us a huge update, and now Version three is just days away, and can only make it better still.
In my opinion it is the best arranger available for MY needs.

#466452 - 02/23/19 08:55 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Everything about the 4X is better than the Microarranger, except for the fact that you can carry the KMA in a holster on your belt if you wish. smile
4X has the best vocal processor/harmonizer there is, short of really expensive third party ones.
Version two OS gave us a huge update, and now Version three is just days away, and can only make it better still.

But don sadly as stated by so many here (not myself)
GENOS is the "BEST" coffee

Edited by Dnj (02/23/19 08:55 AM)

#466471 - 02/23/19 12:09 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Donny, you sure like stirring the pot. ha ha

#466473 - 02/23/19 12:33 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Donny, you sure like stirring the pot. ha ha

coffee

#466478 - 02/23/19 01:24 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj

GENOS is the "BEST" ...

And some of us say that Genos is the best sounding Yamaha arranger 'till date. wink
Btw,
MicroArranger is a funny little thing that do impress a lot for the money, just look into the 240 pages detailed manual.
That book probably cost more to produce than the MA. grin
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#466509 - 02/24/19 03:10 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
underdog Offline

Thank you Jonny. I don't mean to say I am going to make the Microarranger my main instrument, I wanted just to know if there was a big difference in instrument voices between it and the PA4X.
I have an old long redundant Korg PA80 lying about here somewhere and I remember comparing the voices to the Micro arranger and there were almost identical so I was just curious about the PA4x

Edited by underdog (02/24/19 03:11 AM)

#466510 - 02/24/19 04:46 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By DonM

GENOS is the "BEST" coffee

Sure it is 😜
Espescially when combined with a modx..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online