SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#465020 - 01/22/19 01:50 PM Another setback
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just prior to Christmas I visited my pulmonary doc and she said things looked good, but the tests revealed that I now only have 27 percent of my lung capacity remaining - a significant decrease.

On NYE Carol and I were invited to bring in the New Year with some old school mates, about 8 of them. Wouldn't you know it, the only person in the room that had a bad cold decided she had to give that NYE kiss. Damned! Two days later I was running a fever, hacking my guts out and wondering if I would make it to the next day. After three weeks, the coughing still persist, and I cannot go without supplemental oxygen for more than 15 minutes.

Today, sitting in the office, I decided to see if I could still manage to squeak out a song or two. This song has always been among my favorites, but in order to perform it I had to crank up the mic gain a bit higher than normal. Hope you folks enjoy listening to it as much as I did recording it.

Here's my rendition of With You I'm Born Again This was a one shot take, no edits other than using Audacity to change it to an MP3 file format. It was recorded directly on my PSR-S950 using an onboard style. The mic is my aging Sennheiser E855 running through the Harmony-M and into the keyboard's line in.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#465029 - 01/22/19 02:59 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

clapkeep them coming!

#465030 - 01/22/19 03:05 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Gary...You are an Amazing Person You Always have been...Beautiful Song... As I listened to the Words It Makes Me realize how Blessed I am ...As You also believe Your Wife's true Love for You and Your Love for Her... I can Express the Same for My Wife...She is My Life as are My Children(two Sons)...You Give Me strength and willingness to be a better person each Day...Believe Me I'm always a work in progress, a lot of the time I have stop and Look at My Weakness and try to Improve...Thank You So much Gary...Harold

#465032 - 01/22/19 03:12 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, Nice job, got to give credit where it is due, for a guy who has only 27% lung capacity you’re doing great.

What style did you use for the tune?

#465033 - 01/22/19 03:14 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Done in true Gary D style..don't stop just yet..

#465036 - 01/22/19 03:45 PM Re: Another setback [Re: sparky589]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Favorites of mine too...the song AND the player. Been playing it almost every night since Billy Preston first recorded it.

All the best, bud!

R.

#465040 - 01/22/19 04:25 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
You still have "it" Gary... despite the lung capacity problem. Thanks for sharing. I play chess twice a week with a guy who suffers from COPD and wonder how you guys function as well as you do. Get better soon, Mr. Talent!

#465042 - 01/22/19 04:29 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary, I expect to hear you playing at your own funeral, but let's put if off a few more years. Nice work my friend.

#465043 - 01/22/19 04:31 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Gary

Thanks for reminding me a a great song I've forgotten. Keep on playing and singing and sharing with us. Get over that cold soon and have a shot of Jim Beam.

#465045 - 01/22/19 05:35 PM Re: Another setback [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Donny, and I'm sorry we did not get together this fall, but maybe this winter you will find some time to mosey down below the Mason/Dixon Line.

Harold, I really appreciate you taking time to listen and those very kind words of encouragement.

Steve, I used the Romantic Ballad style, which came from an earlier model Yamaha Keyboard. It's a great style, and I think it came from my old PSR-740. If you wish, I can email it to you.

Sparky, thanks for the compliments, and every time I see your Avitar with you and your boxer, it brings back some fond memories of when we had a boxer many years ago. She was a wonderful dog and loved frolicking with my children.

Dave, thanks for listening, old friend. Unlike COPD, where a persons lungs no longer have any elasticity, I have asbestosis and pulmonary fibrosis, which makes the lungs like shoe leather that does not stretch. There is no getting better with this disease.

Captain Russ, it's always good to hear from you, both here on the forum and during our frequent phone conversations. If you get over this way when spring arrives, I hope to have the boat in the water by April 15th and I hope to sail until I no longer have the stamina to do so. You are always welcome aboard.

Don, you're not the first person to say that. wink You have been a major inspiration throughout these many years we have been friends, and I hope to hold off the Grim Reaper for at least another year. No way to determine when he'll be here for a visit, but when he does, I'll crank up the keyboard and sing Devil Went Down To Georgia. smile

Bill, thanks for listening old friend, and I'm pouring the Jim Beam Honey as soon as I hit the Submit Button for this post.

Thanks again everyone,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online