Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463916 - 12/30/18 03:49 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I do use registrations in the following manner:
1. Choose the style, tempo, etc, and SAVE AS REGISTRATION
2. Open window showing everything saved as you have setup(your choice of parameters set up in global).
3. There are 4 boxes, ABCD to insert your instruments.
4. Choose to have instruments change with the 4 variations, or, with the box off, you can simply touch one of the 4 in any order you want.

AJ could explain it much better, but, in essence, this is the way to go.

While file management is a little different than Korg, with unlimited set lists, I find that by using the assigned numbers of the registrations in a bank is very fast.

#463918 - 12/30/18 04:21 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: Togge]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Originally Posted By Togge
Thank you!

Is is possible to save additional Registrations on SSD?

Possible but... There is a folder on the internal drive called "Registration" and underneath that are four more folders named "Bank1", "Bank2", "Bank3, and "Bank4". When you create and save a registration, it is stored in whichever bank folder you select with the name you select for that registration. When you touch the registration button, it displays that folder structure, and you select whatever registration you would like to use.

You can copy any of the files or folders from the primary registration folder(s) over to a second SSD or an external USB drive connected to your device should you want to keep a second copy or re-use the first 4096 registration locations for a new collection of registrations but you can only access the first 4096 registrations located on the primary internal drive at any given time.

Edited by IMMusic_Curt (12/30/18 04:24 AM)

#464052 - 01/01/19 03:09 PM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Togge,
I was not able to give you a full response until today. I do not use registrations - have never used them on any of my keyboards. What I do is find styles I want to use for a specific song and rename the style for that song. They are referred to as Songstyles on most forums. I have several thousand of them now for all the various keyboards I have owned. I have folders for 1920's, 1930's, 1940's, 1950's, and 1960's plus a few other folders for things like Christmas or Patriotic shows. In each folder are the songs from those periods of time - it works really well for me and I can go from song to song within seconds if needed.

All this said, I do not sing so I don't need to have special mic setups to save so registrations are not a necessity. For all of my gigs this system works just fine.

Deane

#464171 - 01/03/19 12:55 PM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
So Deane, if you wish to play Laura how do you find it? What have I missed.
John C.

#464172 - 01/03/19 01:36 PM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Pretty easy, songs are in alph order in every folder.

Deane

#464211 - 01/05/19 01:08 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I respect everyone's way of doing things, but by comparison, using registrations, one button press brings up the song all ready to go. This does require one to have a set list prepared or have the registration numbers grouped on a list in the manner you desire. I should mention that if and when the search engine is expanded to registrations, a quick partial search of the song name will do the same as a number.

Just a viable alternative

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online