SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#463833 - 12/27/18 06:45 PM My New SD40 Gig Setup
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
My New SD40 Gig Setup. The SD40 is small, easy to use, easy to setup for gigs. The sounds and styles are outstanding - very much like the SD7 I sold. Looks like a keeper.
I'am using a M-Audio 49 key Keystation controller which is working great with the SD40. So far it is all I have needed to play all the songs I play for gigs. Total weight of both SD40 and controller is under 10 pounds! I also have a setup using and X-stand for longer gigs so I can sit and play. The iPad is the iPad Pro - large version.

Deane

Attachments
1.jpg

2.jpg

#463837 - 12/28/18 12:12 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Looking good Deane. You can't beat the sound of the Ketron modules, and the weight is sure at minimum. I just did a large Christmas community dinner, and the reception was very positive using my SD40 and Hammond SK1.

Bernie

#463875 - 12/29/18 05:44 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
Togge Offline

Looks like a good lighweight setup.

Would be interesting to know how the Ketrons are used since they seems have no proper Registration Memory.

Normally you have a few registration memory locations, typically between 8 and 16, where you save your settings for 1 song. Then you save it as a registration bank for that song.

But Ketron manual says 4 banks with 1024 memory locations each. I can simply not understand how to use it? Am I missing something? Are Ketrons designen to use only 1 setting for each song or do you in some way have several settings in 1 registration memory?

I would be interested in getting a SD40 or SD90 as addon to my organ but this turns me off. Would be appreciated if someone using Ketron could comment on how it's used.

#463879 - 12/29/18 08:37 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Someone ask to see my X-Stand gig setup for the SD40.

Deane

Attachments
4.jpg

5.jpg

#463880 - 12/29/18 08:41 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: Togge]
hammer Offline

The Ketron products do use registrations. There are 4 banks available. Each bank will hold I believe 1000 registrations. I do not use registrations so I don't know a lot about them in the Ketron world. I have owned the SD7 keyboard and now the SD40 module and am very pleased with both.

Deane

#463893 - 12/29/18 11:28 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
Togge Offline

Interesting. You do a manuell setup for each song when you are about to play it?

#463894 - 12/29/18 11:58 AM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Yes, Ketron supports registrations. Might work a little different than you expect, might not. Think of it like this. Let's say you are going to play the tune "Laura." Select your setup and save as a registration called "Laura-1". Let's say the second time through you would like to switch from a Trumpet lead to a Tenor Sax lead. Go ahead and make that registration and save as "Laura-2". Make as many registrations as you need for that song and name them in whatever way makes sense to you. Do the same for how many ever songs you want and again name them, so you know which ones "go together" - up to a max of 4,096 registrations. The registrations are maintained across power-up cycles so once you create them they are there until you delete them.

Does that help?

#463899 - 12/29/18 03:14 PM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Togge Offline

Thank you!

Is is possible to save additional Registrations on SSD?

#463900 - 12/29/18 03:33 PM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Togge,
I use styles named for various songs. Very easy to do.

Deane

#463914 - 12/29/18 10:49 PM Re: My New SD40 Gig Setup [Re: Togge]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Togge
Looks like a good lighweight setup.

Would be interesting to know how the Ketrons are used since they seems have no proper Registration Memory.

Normally you have a few registration memory locations, typically between 8 and 16, where you save your settings for 1 song. Then you save it as a registration bank for that song.

But Ketron manual says 4 banks with 1024 memory locations each. I can simply not understand how to use it? Am I missing something? Are Ketrons designen to use only 1 setting for each song or do you in some way have several settings in 1 registration memory?

I would be interested in getting a SD40 or SD90 as addon to my organ but this turns me off. Would be appreciated if someone using Ketron could comment on how it's used.

Lovely to see the yamaha way of thinking..

The korg pa4x is considered by many as the perfect gig instrument
And yet it has no registration memmories either
But it has all the real time buttons you will ever need.
And songbook to save your performances combined with a setlist..

On ketrons and korgs you need to change varriations and sounds seperately
Butin the end its the same idea as registrations..

Amd altough nothing beats yamahas registration system
Its not a nightmare to live witouth.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online