SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46371 - 04/23/07 05:36 PM Visting Bernie
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I finally got to visit with Bernie and his precious wife. I do not remember when Phyllis and I were so graciously received. We went to service Sunday at his church followed by an eat in with a selection of covered dishes made by the church family. Bernie played the big church organ and then he led the choir. The guy is a talent.

If we were staying at a fine hotel the meals would not have been any better, Annaliese can cook really cook a great meal. (I hope I spelled her name right??) Bernie and I talked about possibilities for the 2008 Jam. Bernie and Jim will be leading the set up and I will be supporting both men.

And then ---- the music/toy room -- filled with fantastic stuff starting with his Bose sound system. A year or two ago Bernie said it was like the last round up, so let’s enjoy what we can afford. Well he is, the room was packed with goodies. I learned about Bernie, he is humble, he does not show his toys or knowledge of the toys a pushy manner. After spending time with him in his music room I can tell you he goes along slowly and accurately, and he his knowledge of computers and music equipment goes beyond mine.

Bernie showed me his sound module, it is a unit that produces high quality instrument sounds. The piano and sax were outstanding. With a bit of understand you can add those sounds to your Technics keyboard performance. Ex. Technics Piano add the module’s strings. Or you can substitute the sounds.

I could have mailed this directly to Bernie but I wanted to share it with our forum. My thought is to add a family feel to our music discussions. It’s nice to know about the friends we have on this forum. Because of the forum and the Jam I now have two precious friends here on the west coast of Florida.

John C.

#46372 - 04/25/07 06:26 AM Re: Visting Bernie
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John
Thank you for the great comments, and believe me, we were just as happy having you and Phylis(sp).

We got one step closer to finalizing the agenda for the jam in March 2008.

Bernie

#46373 - 04/25/07 01:44 PM Re: Visting Bernie
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
Bernie showed me his sound module, it is a unit that produces high quality instrument sounds. The piano and sax were outstanding. With a bit of understand you can add those sounds to your Technics keyboard performance. Ex. Technics Piano add the module’s strings. Or you can substitute the sounds.

Hi Bernie.
What sound module is being refered to please.
Regards.
Joe.

#46374 - 04/26/07 09:48 AM Re: Visting Bernie
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Joe
It is the Ketron SD2. I have two. One is used with a MidiSport 2x2 to interface with my laptop to produce superior backing tracks.

The second is accessed by a midi cable, to play any of the 5 banks of instruments. http://www.ketronus.com/sd2.html

Bernie

#46375 - 04/26/07 01:54 PM Re: Visting Bernie
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]Hi Joe
It is the Ketron SD2.
Hi Bernie.
Thank you for the info.
Regards.
Joe.

Moderator:  Admin