SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#462175 - 11/25/18 12:23 PM Re: Tablet [Re: guitpic1]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
For the old-timers without all the fancy apps; I read about a guy who takes photos of his sheet music (I’ve collected 10-12 3 ring binders of ‘em over the years) with his older iPad, arranges play lists in ‘Albums’ then just clicks the album - photo(score/lyrics) he needs.
Ciao

#462326 - 11/28/18 07:13 AM Re: Tablet [Re: Jerry T]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Update. I brought this 2 in 1 laptop home from Best Buy. My wife thinks I should keep it. Not sure I’m ready to learn all the new technology. It has a whole new USB technology from what I’m used to. But it does about everything other than tuck you in at night.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga...p?skuId=6061400

#462328 - 11/28/18 07:20 AM Re: Tablet [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Update. I brought this 2 in 1 laptop home from Best Buy. My wife thinks I should keep it. Not sure I’m ready to learn all the new technology. It has a whole new USB technology from what I’m used to. But it does about everything other than tuck you in at night.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga...p?skuId=6061400

For a 2 in 1 windows laptop it does not get much better in that price range..
Lenovo is whta used to be IBM pc division.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#462331 - 11/28/18 07:44 AM Re: Tablet [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx Bachus. Good comment.

This laptop has more capability and power than anything I’ve owned in the past; and I’ve owned some nice towers and laptops...built my own towers and modified them as I wanted.

These days though, it seems like I’m spending more time learning how to use new technology to do the things I could easily do years ago with older technology....even though it was slower.

My Genos has(now ancient) USB 2 technology.

This new Lenovo laptop has (somewhat older) USB 3 technology and the now USB - C with Thunderbolt 3 technology.

The chance that my new Lenovo laptop could ever talk to my Genos is like a modern human talking to a Neanderthal.

I’ve embraced technology for years. Now I’m having trouble seeing the advantage in all this new technology to this old(me) Neanderthal.

😊

Edited by guitpic1 (11/28/18 07:54 AM)

#462332 - 11/28/18 07:59 AM Re: Tablet [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

Tx Bachus. Good comment.

This laptop has more capability and power than anything I’ve owned in the past; and I’ve owned some nice towers and laptops...built my own towers and modified them as I wanted.

These days though, it seems like I’m spending more time learning how to use new technology to do the things I could easily do years ago with older technology....even though it was slower.

This new Lenovo laptop has (somewhat older) USB 3 technology and the now USB - C with Thunderbolt 3 technology.

The chance that my new Lenovo laptop could ever talk to my Genos is like a modern human talking to a Neanderthal.

I’ve embraced technology for years. Now I’m having trouble seeing the advantage in all this new technology to this old(me) Neanderthal.

😊

. Just plug your Genos usb in the usb3, its backward compatible and will work like a charm..

Keep in mind tough, that that your laptop is not set up for low latency audio, this requires specific drivers.. this is a typical windows shortcomming, but easy to overcome..

#462337 - 11/28/18 10:48 AM Re: Tablet [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Bachus
Tx Bachus. Good comment.

😊

. Just plug your Genos usb in the usb3, its backward compatible and will work like a charm..

Keep in mind tough, that that your laptop is not set up for low latency audio, this requires specific drivers.. this is a typical windows shortcomming, but easy to overcome..

Actually Latency is not usually a problem in Windows these days since Microsoft introduced the WASAPI driver, (In some cases it is better than ASIO) so in all cases try both drivers to see which works best with the particular interface you are using.

Bill

#462338 - 11/28/18 11:22 AM Re: Tablet [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By Bachus
Tx Bachus. Good comment.

😊

Actually Latency is not usually a problem in Windows these days since Microsoft introduced the WASAPI driver, (In some cases it is better than ASIO) so in all cases try both drivers to see which works best with the particular interface you are using.

Bill

Not usually... as in sometimes it is...
Espescially with build in soundchips...

Never have these problems on a mac..

But with the right mindset, i am sure you can get any hardware to work acceptable on windows. It indeed has become much better..

But i doubt he will ever run vsts and daw... but he might want to run all the lovely user created apps for yamaha, which all run on pc

#462346 - 11/28/18 03:47 PM Re: Tablet [Re: guitpic1]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
We can play VSTi with vArranger and a simple mother board audio out. No latency for 97% of PC
Dedicated audio card has better converter and amplifiers

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#462416 - 11/30/18 07:48 PM Re: Tablet [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I think it would depend on what you want to use it for, but I recommend this:
https://www.amazon.com/Touchscreen-Featuring-Android-Marshmallow-Operating/dp/B01GDBMJ7G

Tony, I purchased this 2 in 1 for my wife, but after I got it... I decided to keep it for myself grin

Now I have to get my wife something else... any ideas? And no more jewelry . shocked

#462417 - 11/30/18 08:35 PM Re: Tablet [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Fur coat, Mercedes, a villa in Italy ???

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online