SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#460916 - 11/05/18 06:42 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Yes they are misunderstood by those musicians who never investigated them. To them it still got the Walmat/Casio $149 stigma. But strumming 4 chords on an acoustic guitar is OK.
As far a s audience I've never heard a bad comment about my arranger.. I always get positive feedback on my performances and I think its because I don't let the arranger take center stage. Editing the Styles and SMFs, playing some very live sounding keys over them and vocals make it acceptable.
I've seen the worst talent around and people don't care how the music comes out as long as its good. Live Kareoke in various forms is common anymore so who's to say we're cheating or not really playing using an Arranger.

#460917 - 11/05/18 06:50 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Bill Lewis]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

Exactly! Arrangers still have that stigma that they aren't more than just instruments you find at Walmart or Toys'R'Us, like with Casio..

#460920 - 11/05/18 07:01 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Quote:

That said when is GENOS 2 coming out Winter NAMM 2019 is only a few months away????

Genos 2 has been released about a year ago, i would say wait 3 and probably 4 more years.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460921 - 11/05/18 07:05 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Dnj]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

I would even go as far as saying that in 2020 we might get a PSR S990 or PSR S-1x with features from the Genos and maybe in 2021 or 2022 get a Genos 2.

#460922 - 11/05/18 07:05 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Bachus
Quote:

That said when is GENOS 2 coming out Winter NAMM 2019 is only a few months away????

Genos 2 has been released about a year ago, i would say wait 3 and probably 4 more years.

Genos 2 released???

#460923 - 11/05/18 07:16 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By Bachus
Quote:

Genos 2 released???

get ready my friends its coming and genos 1 prices will drop like a rocket compared to MRSP which sucks big time...

#460926 - 11/05/18 07:46 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, you keep saying styles are repetitive, but in reality, ALL music is repetitive. The strumming of a guitar, bass lines, etc..., all repetitive. Granted, you can place some emphasis on some individual notes, but it's still based upon sequences. So, the argument that arranger keyboard styles are repetitive and that's why REAL musicians don't use them is a falacy.

Now, lets meet up sometime soon before the snow flies,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460927 - 11/05/18 07:54 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
So, the argument that arranger keyboard styles are repetitive and that's why REAL musicians don't use them is a falacy.

Now, lets meet up sometime soon before the snow flies,

Gary

Hmmmmmmm..... I don't think I can agree with you on the fallacy issue of multi track by track musical arrangement creation vs repetitive operator controlled mini midi file arranger styles which there is nothing wrong with as personally I mix it up and use both, etc,..
But, I will meet you again for some incredible seafood very soon will call you asap ok then we can discuss it over some Oysters Rockefeller and Giant Dungeness crabs dipped in garlic butter!!.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (11/05/18 07:55 AM)

#460935 - 11/05/18 08:50 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
NO!!!

It is NOT repetitive - it all depends on how you use it. Yamaha has multipads, Ketron has Launch Pads. Korg has pads. You have three intros, three endings, at least four fills. Two upper voices/some three, two lower voices. All of these can be used inside ANY song. You have Voicetron. All of the above can be programmed to change with EVERY variation.

All that is needed is imagination. One should use the arranger as an arranger, using all the buttons, features and sliders.

So much for being "unskilled" for using it - it takes a LOT of skill, fast reaction and a sharp imagination. It is a complex instrument IF used properly. Having nothing but musical skills alone won't cut it if you want to use it PROPERLY.

Very few use an arranger as an arranger, and here lies the main problem.

#460937 - 11/05/18 08:56 AM Re: Are Arranger Keyboards Misunderstood? [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
NO!!!

It is NOT repetitive - it all depends on how you use it. Yamaha has multipads, Ketron has Launch Pads. Korg has pads. You have three intros, three endings, at least four fills. Two upper voices/some three, two lower voices. All of these can be used inside ANY song.

All that is needed is imagination. One should use the arranger as an arranger, using all the buttons, features and sliders.

So much for being "unskilled" for using it - it takes a LOT of skill, fast reaction and a sharp imagination. It is a complex instrument IF used properly. Having nothing but musical skills alone won't cut it if you want to use it PROPERLY.

Yes Henni I agree WE Know that BUT, all non arranger players do not and there lies the confusion. Arranger kb playing is like watching a magician for the audience.....
"Hey How The heck did he do that"??? only thing the trick is never revealed....

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online