SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#458273 - 09/18/18 10:24 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
How much serious recording is everyone doing and why?

Donny: For the live player it may not be a major issue. But, for the song writer I see it as an invaluable option. When writing a song or audio track for film...it's highly unlikely that you would play it start to finish. So editing and mixing would be necessary. And with the quality of sounds the modern arranger can produce...creating final mixes for said projects is now achievable.

#458274 - 09/18/18 10:25 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

I just record myself when playing to listen back and hear mistakes...

And i record midi tracks for adding to styles..

I alsosometimes record a friends band, using the mac and an audio interface/mixer fromBehringer it has 24 channel input... thesae are live recordings on stage in logic x

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458277 - 09/18/18 11:15 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny: For the live player it may not be a major issue. But, for the song writer I see it as an invaluable option. When writing a song or audio track for film...it's highly unlikely that you would play it start to finish. So editing and mixing would be necessary. And with the quality of sounds the modern arranger can produce...creating final mixes for said projects is now achievable.

Maybe recordings in home studios for roughs but professional recording studios for major work. There is a major quality difference...

#458279 - 09/18/18 11:59 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
I think you'd be surprised Donny by how many pro studios are supplementing or substituting live musicians for synth and vst replications.

Back in the 80's, I was observing a Sears jingle session at Universal studios in Chicago with composer John Tagenhurst (ET composer w/John Williams). They recorded the string parts with an Emulator II.

With the advent of Genos, the sounds are getting pretty realistic. Especially, in the hands of a good player.

But, even if your doing demos...being able to tweak the mix once vocals are added can be a big plus. How many times do we listen to demos where the drums could be boosted...the lead guitar could use more verb, or the bass is to boomy. This would allow an easy fix.

#458280 - 09/18/18 12:10 PM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
I think you'd be surprised Donny by how many pro studios are supplementing or substituting live musicians for synth and vst replications.

Back in the 80's, I was observing a Sears jingle session at Universal studios in Chicago with composer John Tagenhurst (ET composer w/John Williams). They recorded the string parts with an Emulator II.

With the advent of Genos, the sounds are getting pretty realistic. Especially, in the hands of a good player.

But, even if your doing demos...being able to tweak the mix once vocals are added can be a big plus. How many times do we listen to demos where the drums could be boosted...the lead guitar could use more verb, or the bass is to boomy. This would allow an easy fix.

The whole film industry stepped away from real musicians(with some exceptions)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online