SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#458236 - 09/18/18 03:48 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
AJ, what he is talking about is a separate output for every segment of the style file and every segment of the right hand voice(s). Not the various outputs that are essentially the combination of everything played.

Gary cool

... on the KETRON units, a style has 10 parts/tracks. Are you saying 10 outputs where you can have each part of the style

record to an individual track on an DAW? E.g on the SD1, you can route drums to output1, Bass to output 2, Chord3 to output 3 and lead/right hand voice to output 4 (but you would want to separate the 2 drum tracks and the 5 chord1-5 tracks), right? Now on output 4, even if you layer 3 voices, ALL will come out of out 4 (but if I read you correctly, you're saying have each of the layered voices coming out on a separate track in this scenario - which translates into 10 physical outputs - correct?)
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
AJ, what he is talking about is a separate output for every segment of the style file and every segment of the right hand voice(s). Not the various outputs that are essentially the combination of everything played.

Gary cool

... on the KETRON units, a style has 10 parts/tracks. Are you saying 10 outputs where you can have each part of the style record to an individual track on an DAW? E.g on the SD1, you can route drums to output1, Bass to output 2, Chord3 to output 3 and lead/right hand voice to output 4 (but you would want to separate the 2 drum tracks and the 5 chord1-5 tracks), right? Now on output 4, even if you layer 3 voices, ALL will come out of out 4 (but if I read you correctly, you're saying have each of the layered voices coming out on a separate track in this scenario - which translates into 10 physical outputs - correct?)

Its 10 mono channels for the modx, and 4 in..
Making it 5 stereo and 2 stereo in..

The montage has 32 and 8..

And yes on the montage you can record 16 stereo parts directly over usb with 16 bit 48khz digital audio... or 4 parts with 96khz/24bit...all paralel at the same time...also since 2.5 with one button push all your controll are allocated to the daw...

The montage/modx will also functiom as a vst controller.. and inside your daw, you will see the montage or modx as a VST.. very very userfriendly...

With the audio over usb inputS(which are the outputs for the pc, it functions as an audio interfface for pc...

If you want full integration with a pc.. this is the easiest way to go... no hardware requirements (except a fast usb 2 port interface) just software...

The kronos has this to, but its not stable anymore and a bit laggy since korg did some software updates..

This is the a one reason why i am considering a montage to combine it with the sd90 and my macbook... a setup like this, offers much much more then a Genos.. combining the best arranger styles and interface with the most powerfull sample engine and fm engine and the best masterkeyboard in the world...(connecting the sd90 trough the analogue audio in of montage even runs my sd90 sound trough the yamaha master dsp effects if i opt to)

AJ: Not 10 physical outputs...All audio passes through a single USB port directly to your DAW.

#458238 - 09/18/18 04:16 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
jingleman Offline

The concept is simple, and Yamaha already has the technology to accomplish it.

It's equivalent to an old fashioned recording session...where all parts get recorded to separate tracks.

Gotta fix a clam in the solo...easy peasy. So much easier to mix and master in a DAW. Overdub vocals...etc.

Unfortunately, I don't possess the skills of Don M, Donny, Fran, Uncle Dave, and many others on this forum. Post tweaking is a must for me, and I expect others as well.

I don't know about others here...but I find onboard sequences putsy. Computer sequencing is so much easier. I've got Steinberg Cubase 9.5 which Yamaha owns and distributes with all keyboards. Yamaha...Please put the audio interface in the arrangers keyboards. You've created all these beautiful sounds...let us blend and mix them in a computer environment.

#458239 - 09/18/18 04:18 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
jingleman Offline

Bachus: When running a SD9 through a Montage...would those sounds output through the Montage audio interface?

Thanks,
jingleman

#458240 - 09/18/18 05:17 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
A stand-a-lone recorder is always the best. It's existence is just to record. The same for midi recording.

They have brought a new Internet, phone, TV, system, gate entry provider into my development. Because it is all under one control they have come to my home 11 times to adjust and repai.

When we make it to complicated we create more problems.

Just my opinion, John C.

#458244 - 09/18/18 05:50 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: Bachus]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Bachus

For the price of the Genos, one should expect that everything yamaha has to offer in the keyboard department is inside the instrument..

Agree completely.

#458254 - 09/18/18 07:41 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Bachus: When running a SD9 through a Montage...would those sounds output through the Montage audio interface?

Thanks,
jingleman

Yes, if you choose to... there are 2 mono out to the daw...you can assign all 16 montage parts in stereo... or route the A/D input (comming from the sd9) over a left end right channel.. keep in mind this audio channel consists all the sound that SD9 outputs... it allows you to record external sounds into your daw... or use the montage audio out to a set of speakers... thsi can be set for each performance sepperately

You can control volume and pan in the montage mixer, run them trough a variation effect, the channel has its own eq, and you can set the reverb level... also you can rrun them trough 2 insert effects (shared with the digital input from your daw, so i think its either one of them.. however both can go trough the master effects of montage..

If you want the same reverb for both your montage, as well as your your sd9 as well as your vst’s sounds... you can set the reverb of your montage for this...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458255 - 09/18/18 07:44 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
A stand-a-lone recorder is always the best. It's existence is just to record. The same for midi recording.

They have brought a new Internet, phone, TV, system, gate entry provider into my development. Because it is all under one control they have come to my home 11 times to adjust and repai.

When we make it to complicated we create more problems.

Just my opinion, John C.

T depends on what level of controll you want...
To me a daw is noting else but a stand alone recorder inside a pc/mac

#458257 - 09/18/18 08:38 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: bruno123]
jingleman Offline

John: I agree that recording to a standalone recorder is easy. The problem comes in when you want to record multiple audio tracks simultaneously. To record say..10 live audio tracks from an arranger, you would need 10 physical outputs on your arranger and a recorder that allows 10 audio inputs.

With Yamaha's built in audio interface...you can record 10 separate live audio tracks to your computer DAW through one single USB cable.

jingleman

#458267 - 09/18/18 09:56 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman

John: I agree that recording to a standalone recorder is easy. The problem comes in when you want to record multiple audio tracks simultaneously. To record say..10 live audio tracks from an arranger, you would need 10 physical outputs on your arranger and a recorder that allows 10 audio inputs.

With Yamaha's built in audio interface...you can record 10 separate live audio tracks to your computer DAW through one single USB cable.

jingleman

Which would even work more miracvles for an arranger then for a synth,,

#458270 - 09/18/18 10:04 AM Re: Why don’t Yamaha arrangers include audio interface [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

How much serious recording is everyone doing and why?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online