SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#45812 - 08/12/02 11:19 PM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Thanx for the support. Yes - I did own a kn6500. Why would you think I made that up? I was correct in every assessment, as it pertains to me. The fingering mode works just as I stated.

I think the 7000 may be interresting, but if the fingering mode has not been changed .... I can't use one.

BTW - DanO is NOT the source I have for kn7000's. Some of you have been asking around. I have NO affilation with Piano Man of Baltimore except for being a customer.

#45813 - 08/13/02 03:24 AM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[B]Johnnie C.. I can confirm that Uncle Dave did have a KN6500 for a week or two..
++++++++++++
OK then, UD had a 6500 for all of nearly 2 weeks, 2 years ago

#45814 - 08/13/02 07:52 AM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Sometimes, that is all the time we need, especially if we are not novices, and know what we are looking for.Personally I only need a day to decide if it works for me..We are not looking for someone to marry, just a keyboard to meet our needs. This is highly opinionated...

#45815 - 08/13/02 08:16 AM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The Technics single-finger mode DOES work as Dave described, the same as Yamaha. Korg, and Roland method is more musically correct. I don't use the single finger mode, so it doesn't matter to me.
I got away from Technics because of the useless mic input and vocal harmony, plus the fact that they offer only a proprietary hard drive option that makes it several times too expensive.
Maybe the 7000 will address these issues. If not, the other companies already have.
Back to the topic--if you could find a midi file of the song, wouldn't it be very easy to use the internal converter to create your own style? I know the KN5000 did this, but I only played the 6K very briefly.
DonM

#45816 - 08/13/02 10:19 AM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Back to a couple of points made by Alec re APC.

When I first bought my 6000 around Nov,1999,
chord changes were slow but this was largely corrected by (I think) V4 - although it's still not as good as previous keyboards owned including the 3000 which was faultless in this respect.

Listen to Frank Bez. All his work is done by single finger chords and is pretty impressive despite that.

Peter

#45817 - 08/13/02 04:46 PM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I also use one finger chords. My old Lowery organ dealer got me into that years ago as a way to free up fingers to do changes. It's an easy way to play that drives my pianist sister crazy, but I find it useful if I don't want to program all the musical changes into Panel Memory and rely on flying fingers instead. Whatever suits one's style is just fine, don't you think?

#45818 - 08/14/02 03:02 PM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Sometimes, that is all the time we need, especially if we are not novices, and know what we are looking for.Personally I only need a day to decide if it works for me..We are not looking for someone to marry, just a keyboard to meet our needs. This is highly opinionated...

Oh! right then I see.So you had the use of a KN6500 for nearly the whole of one day, two years ago.
I suggest that if you do decide to look for someone to marry be sure you give them more than one days trail.

#45819 - 08/14/02 05:20 PM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I have a confession to make guys.
It was some years ago at a multi-instrument show when I was about to get hitched to a new Yamaha 6000 and I walked into the next room and saw this lovely little Technics number in black and flashing led's. I was a gonner. It was love at first sight ! I picked her up and she was mine for ever (I thought) until along came her big sister with a technicolour screen sporting a 5 before her three big O's.I had to confess to my little 3000 and we parted. This was it for life with Fifi 5000.... that was until the silver sheathed number with the pretty uplift to her screen came on the scene. One Demo and I was hers.I gave her two extra cards to show my affection and to prove my undying love but I've glimpsed another beauty about with a full uplift and an aura of blue surrounds her.I've noticed a new stirring in my (chest). I put it down to the Seven Year Itch ! I think my chat up line will be "My other keyboards don't understand me" (but hope she does !)
Wish me luck.

#45820 - 08/15/02 02:48 AM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Great Post Derek Loved it - we've been along similar paths again !

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45821 - 08/15/02 08:17 AM Re: Style wanted for Calypso (John Denver)
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Derek,

Fickle!
Fickle is what you are.
Fickle is what you are in the eyes of Fifi.
Derek Lad, kin to being fickle with all his little beauties.

Now look what you have done. You have led others down the path of fickleness. Poor Bill. Oh, poor ‘Willum the Fickle’ is what they will call him. Derek, I think you are spreading some kind of virus among us. I think it might be the Fickle finger of Love virus. Oh No! Why did you infect an old man like me? Don’t you realize old folks have weak immune systems. I think I’m coming down with a bad case of the fickles and don’t have the strength to overcome it. Ruthie says they are coming out with an antidote for that terrible itch in my chest. Don’t suffer with seven years of itch just go to the store and buy a box of seven thousand. These wonder drugs are expensive, but what the heck, if they work what’s the difference?

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I guess it goes along the lines of the old saying -
It’s better to fart and live in shame than not to fart and die in pain.

Derek, you got the kind of humor that turns me on.

Grandpa Doug

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online