SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457474 - 09/04/18 01:42 PM Old Eyes need help
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
My arranger module has a 2.25”X3.25” screen. It’s getting more difficult to read the display. I was able to mount a 5’X7” flexible magnifier on the machine, but it distorted the display images. Anyone have any ideas about what’s available that could help me remedy this sight dilemma? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#457477 - 09/04/18 02:40 PM Re: Old Eyes need help [Re: Jerry T]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Reading glasses may help... or an external video monitor..

#457492 - 09/04/18 08:27 PM Re: Old Eyes need help [Re: Fran Carango]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Fran, I do wear glasses on the gig, and I do use a monitor. I was trying to lose the monitor and extra case, stand and cables etc.
Ciao

#457563 - 09/05/18 08:21 PM Re: Old Eyes need help [Re: Jerry T]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By Jerry T
Fran, I do wear glasses on the gig, and I do use a monitor. I was trying to lose the monitor and extra case, stand and cables etc.
Ciao

Ciao, not sure what setup you have, but maybe changing to Varranger on a 360 laptop - that you can remove or foldover the keyboard would do the job better. Less wires, just a USB, and it would replay the module you already have, with a bigger screem.

Allan taz

#464660 - 01/17/19 07:15 AM Re: Old Eyes need help [Re: Jerry T]
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello, Jerry T. Could it be you have cataracts. I had that problem not too long ago and didn't even realize it till I had my eyes checked. Had them removed from both eyes w/ great results. Jerry B.

#468415 - 04/08/19 08:51 PM Re: Old Eyes need help [Re: Jerry T]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By Jerry T
My arranger module has a 2.25”X3.25” screen. It’s getting more difficult to read the display. I was able to mount a 5’X7” flexible magnifier on the machine, but it distorted the display images. Anyone have any ideas about what’s available that could help me remedy this sight dilemma? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry, what are you up too these days? Did you find a solution for you eyes or a plug in monitor for you keyboard etc?? Please let us know, as we all have failing eyesight and may need the same solution in the near future.

Allan taz

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online