Old Eyes need help

Posted by: Jerry T

Old Eyes need help - 09/04/18 01:42 PM

My arranger module has a 2.25”X3.25” screen. It’s getting more difficult to read the display. I was able to mount a 5’X7” flexible magnifier on the machine, but it distorted the display images. Anyone have any ideas about what’s available that could help me remedy this sight dilemma? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Old Eyes need help - 09/04/18 02:40 PM

Reading glasses may help... or an external video monitor..
Posted by: Jerry T

Re: Old Eyes need help - 09/04/18 08:27 PM

Fran, I do wear glasses on the gig, and I do use a monitor. I was trying to lose the monitor and extra case, stand and cables etc.
Ciao
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Old Eyes need help - 09/05/18 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By Jerry T
Fran, I do wear glasses on the gig, and I do use a monitor. I was trying to lose the monitor and extra case, stand and cables etc.
Ciao

Ciao, not sure what setup you have, but maybe changing to Varranger on a 360 laptop - that you can remove or foldover the keyboard would do the job better. Less wires, just a USB, and it would replay the module you already have, with a bigger screem.

Allan taz
Posted by: Guardman2001

Re: Old Eyes need help - 01/17/19 07:15 AM

Hello, Jerry T. Could it be you have cataracts. I had that problem not too long ago and didn't even realize it till I had my eyes checked. Had them removed from both eyes w/ great results. Jerry B.
Posted by: tassiespirit

Re: Old Eyes need help - 04/08/19 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By Jerry T
My arranger module has a 2.25”X3.25” screen. It’s getting more difficult to read the display. I was able to mount a 5’X7” flexible magnifier on the machine, but it distorted the display images. Anyone have any ideas about what’s available that could help me remedy this sight dilemma? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry, what are you up too these days? Did you find a solution for you eyes or a plug in monitor for you keyboard etc?? Please let us know, as we all have failing eyesight and may need the same solution in the near future.

Allan taz