SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#456598 - 08/20/18 01:09 PM An 88 key Genos...
Bachus Offline

With a few updates yamaha can turn the Genos into a need nice 88 key stagepiano arranger...

So what would you need on a stagepiano... thats not on the Genos yet?
- the cvp 709 series piano room and piano sounds.. (VRM/CRM)
- 4 zones with up to 4 layered sounds in each..(lower bass, left hand, right hand, top/solo)
- user arpeggio’s for all keyboard parts...

It would be a great way to push the Genos technollogy into te 88 key market...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456601 - 08/20/18 01:51 PM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Bachus]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
It'll never happen. They would rather sell the Clavinova version for a lot more money.

#456609 - 08/20/18 06:17 PM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
It'll never happen. They would rather sell the Clavinova version for a lot more money.

But the clavinova isnt’t a stage version...
Most of the price of the clavinova comes from being a piece of furniture..
And not from being an instrument...

If they put a clavinova in a stage package, it has way less to offer then the Tyros range or Genos.

As long as peeople that want an 88 key arranger keep saying it will never happen, it is a selffullfilling prophecy..

#456619 - 08/21/18 06:57 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Years ago I remember KORG producing an M1, T1, T2, T3 synths all covering different key sizes....in today's world the 88 is the least wanted by players vs the 61/76, or even the 73 for many reasons. 88 key arranger kb ...It's just not financially beneficial to a company in today's market if it was they world be making them....with all the other great alternatives its a dead fish in the water. Imo piano players vs arranger players are two completely different categories and style of players and here lies the reason for less 88 key models..
good luck in your 88 key search for the future.
But imo the 88 key controller kb of your choice and something like the Ketron SD 90 module would make alot of sense especially for the bedroom player.

Edited by Dnj (08/21/18 07:48 AM)

#456621 - 08/21/18 07:16 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Check out the Yamaha P-515. It as a lot borrowed from the Clavinova line. The wooden key keybed with synthetic key tops... the piano room via the iPad app. Only priced at $1499!! This instrument is an example of sharing technologies from other departments!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#456634 - 08/21/18 11:40 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: shueymusic]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
Check out the Yamaha P-515. It as a lot borrowed from the Clavinova line. The wooden key keybed with synthetic key tops... the piano room via the iPad app. Only priced at $1499!! This instrument is an example of sharing technologies from other departments!!

An incredible package with the piano app..
But a huge step back on the arranger side of things...

#456635 - 08/21/18 11:42 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Years ago I remember KORG producing an M1, T1, T2, T3 synths all covering different key sizes....in today's world the 88 is the least wanted by players vs the 61/76, or even the 73 for many reasons. 88 key arranger kb ...It's just not financially beneficial to a company in today's market if it was they world be making them....with all the other great alternatives its a dead fish in the water. Imo piano players vs arranger players are two completely different categories and style of players and here lies the reason for less 88 key models..
But imo the 88 key controller kb of your choice and something like the Ketron SD 90 module would make alot of sense especially for the bedroom player.

You know they are targetting the bedroom players with all arrangers?

We have had this discussion before... but if they want to attract younger people... they need to bring the arranger up to 88 keys..

#456637 - 08/21/18 11:55 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Gotta face reality... Bacchus... I highly doubt that's going to happen or getting younger people into arrangers with what's going on in the music scene today.... they have so many choices and most of the time arranger keyboards aren't one of them and why should there be when there are so many other ways to make music...?

#456650 - 08/22/18 08:04 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Gotta face reality... Bacchus... I highly doubt that's going to happen or getting younger people into arrangers with what's going on in the music scene today.... they have so many choices and most of the time arranger keyboards aren't one of them and why should there be when there are so many other ways to make music...?

As i said before... the perfect workstation for the young is the one that adds all these ways of making music into a single workstation.. arranger just being one of the options... in the end, there will come a time that will make them want a single device that can do it all... espescially the launchpads in the Ketron show a new form of arranger that will make even the hardest naysayers happy with an arranger...

#456654 - 08/22/18 08:28 AM Re: An 88 key Genos... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

But imo the 88 key controller kb of your choice and something like the Ketron SD 90 module would make alot of sense.

Well, i agree to this...

But then there isnt a lot of choice where it comes to arranger modules...
Only the sd40 and sd90 are currently available as high end options, both Ketrons...
Yamaha, Korg and Roland and even Wersi have nothing to offer in the arranger module market...
But, yes i am (as you know) on the verge of going Ketron SD90...
Just wayting on initial reactions...

Harder to choose is yet the 88 key controller..
I love the montage arps more then the Kronos Karma..
They are much more usable and adaptable
Yet the montage only has 8 parts assignable to the keyboards..

There is also the nord stage 3..
But that only has 2 parts assignable to midi..
And when i assign those to left hand and right hand parts of the sd90, there is no room for assigning a part of the keyboard to a vst... and thats part of the reason i am looking for the new configuration, to have easy access to VST sounds... but i would love to have the synth part of the nord(or any synth part)

The montage however with patch 2.5 surpassed the Kronos as VST comtroller.. which still make me doubt..

So far my most likely setup will be :

Kronos and then behind it to the left sd90, portret mode placed ipad pro for sheet music reading and to the right a 19" rack containing my Motif XS rack, Gemini module, Roland integra 7(i own all 3 and getting better access to then is the main reason for me to cut back to a single 88 key as the central poitn of my setup) and an analogue style rack module synth like the novation peak or the dsi rev2... with the macbook on top of the rack...

Or i will place the 3 modules i allready own on the floor(all 3 have top knotch editors running on mac, which turns them into VST) and then the sd 40 and the novation peak next to eachother verticall behind the kronos.. with a big external screen or even an imac on top of them for the VST's and sheetmusic reading..

As you said, with me just using them in my homestudio, it does not have to be mobile, it has to be easy accessible from my piano bench..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online