SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#456578 - 08/20/18 08:01 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, that report reinforces everything I said. Maybe you should read what I said again and read the report again.

I really don't like arguing with people, Tony, especially those who I considered good friends. However, I felt insulted by your statement "Gary what the hell kind of doctors or hospitals are your friends going to. I have had two total knee replacements in a 2 year time period 14 years ago and have seen dozens and dozens of people during therapy, none of whom had the same experience as your six friends."I take pride in my medical background and education and the continuation thereof over these many decades.

Nuff said,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456587 - 08/20/18 09:15 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... Unlike you, I did not say anything personal to you or about you ...
Like I said "I'm out!!!"

#456597 - 08/20/18 12:59 PM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
About 30 years ago I had knee surgery to repair a torn cartilage. It lasteed about 20 years and i began having issues again. Well, the last year has not been real good. But, I found an awesome pain management doctor and got a PRP injection and the result was nothing short of a miracle.

Two weeks ago I took a bad step and my knee broke down and I was sure i was headed to surgery again. In the meantime I tried Acupuncture and WOW! What a difference it has made. I did only 3 treatments and could not believe the difference.

I guess the point here is there seems to be alternatives to the old practice of rushing to the operating room and I am glad I gave them a try. Will the results last? Who knows. But it sure has made life a lot better for the time being.

Another thing happened. I met a doctor who specialized in hip and knee pain. He suggested trying a product made by "Good Feet" which is nothing more than shoe inserts. Well, I got a pair and you would not believe the difference it has made too! I had been having serious hip pain and since using these shoe inserts the pain has totally disappeared! Go figure.
The theory is if your feet are not well supported your knees and hips take the load which causes problems.

I have three friends who have had Stem Cell injections in their knee and all three of them claim to have no knee pain at all now.

Anyway, hope any of this makes sense and helps.

Deane

#456618 - 08/21/18 06:46 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Donny,
About 30 years ago I had knee surgery to repair a torn cartilage. It lasteed about 20 years and i began having issues again. Well, the last year has not been real good. But, I found an awesome pain management doctor and got a PRP injection and the result was nothing short of a miracle.

Two weeks ago I took a bad step and my knee broke down and I was sure i was headed to surgery again. In the meantime I tried Acupuncture and WOW! What a difference it has made. I did only 3 treatments and could not believe the difference.

I guess the point here is there seems to be alternatives to the old practice of rushing to the operating room and I am glad I gave them a try. Will the results last? Who knows. But it sure has made life a lot better for the time being.

Another thing happened. I met a doctor who specialized in hip and knee pain. He suggested trying a product made by "Good Feet" which is nothing more than shoe inserts. Well, I got a pair and you would not believe the difference it has made too! I had been having serious hip pain and since using these shoe inserts the pain has totally disappeared! Go figure.
The theory is if your feet are not well supported your knees and hips take the load which causes problems.

I have three friends who have had Stem Cell injections in their knee and all three of them claim to have no knee pain at all now.

Anyway, hope any of this makes sense and helps.

Deane

Dean......this is all Great information I really appreciate it...
today's medicine is clearly a miracle .....I will look into everything you describe above for sure....
stay well and stay healthy my friend. cool2

https://www.goodfeet.com/pain-relief/foot-pain

Ps Dean can you elaborate more on this PRP injection process...thanx

Edited by Dnj (08/21/18 06:49 AM)

#456623 - 08/21/18 07:56 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

#456624 - 08/21/18 08:20 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: tony mads usa]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
No experience with knee replacements.

Last November I had my right hip replaced. Today, my hip works like it did 25 years ago....works great.

That said, in the three months following hip surgery, I developed a serious blood clot and a septic infection that, I am told, I was lucky to survive.

Here's the thing.

I’ve used my back, hips and knees heavily over my lifetime and I’ve had a desk job most of that time.

In the last 10 years I would lift/haul 100+lbs of music equipment, three to five times a week. Did it aggravate my hip before surgery...yes, of course.

I’m down to hauling(playing)100lbs of equipment twice a month now.

Could I play more? Yes.

However replacing a hip or knee could run $75,000 or more. Takes me a few gigs to pay for that.

😊

Edited by guitpic1 (08/21/18 08:24 AM)

#456627 - 08/21/18 09:22 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Donny,
the PRP injection was pretty simple. The doctor took blood from me, then mixed it with
whatever the "good stuff" is and then injected it into my knee. The injection helps the
knee heal itself and takes a little time. That said, the moment I got off the table I had no pain.
The procedure was done in the doctor's office. Insurance did not cover it.

Deane

#456631 - 08/21/18 10:29 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

OK Dean Thanx......
How many times do you get the shots...

Edited by Dnj (08/21/18 10:29 AM)

#456632 - 08/21/18 11:12 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Donny,
Usually, pending your condition as discovered with a MRI study, you will get one injection. Then some months later it will be determined if a second injection is needed - again after a MRI study.

Some of our friends have had three, on of them only one. It depends on how severe the knee problem might be.

Donny, the most important part of this is to be dealing with a reputable doctor who specializes in stem cell and other medical injections like these.

Deane

#456633 - 08/21/18 11:39 AM Re: Anyone have knee replacement recently? [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Donny,
Usually, pending your condition as discovered with a MRI study, you will get one injection. Then some months later it will be determined if a second injection is needed - again after a MRI study.

Some of our friends have had three, on of them only one. It depends on how severe the knee problem might be.

Donny, the most important part of this is to be dealing with a reputable doctor who specializes in stem cell and other medical injections like these.

Deane

ok understood my friend thanx for the info...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online