SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#455938 - 08/10/18 11:39 AM Re: A mess, a total mess... ugh... [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Thanks, Gary - I'll give it a try .

The 970S was almost "plug-n-play" Yamaha did such a nice job with it. Plus, the ability to control the reverb on the fly for your chosen voice is fantastic for guitars, horns, etc...

It's my understanding that you can't do it that way on the T5. Instead, you have to go in and edit the default guitar sound for example, add the amount of desired effects - save it - and then save it as part of a registration. That way you always have it, but the controls for that part of the T5 are confusing to me and generally, I don't know what the terms mean and can't really find the right sound.

Versus the knob on the PsrS970 - just a simple turn deepened the reverb nicely , easily and was easily turned back down when the phrase/section was over.

Seems like they made a LOT of things harder on the T5.

You know what this reminds me of?

The older timers around here will remember when I picked up a Korg Triton ProX -88 ...Biggest waste of money and time I ever had.

I don't want to spend all this time editing & programming sounds. That's not my bag, never has been, never will be. I want to sit down, with a reasonable amount of effort be able to build a song via styles that I find pleasing.

Maybe the T5 was just a big mistake. Really disappointed so far...

#455939 - 08/10/18 12:11 PM Re: A mess, a total mess... ugh... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Dnj Offline

Bill using two bose compacs in stereo will make a big difference
that's what the Yamaha sounds & style do very well ..

Edited by Dnj (08/10/18 12:27 PM)

#455941 - 08/10/18 01:02 PM Re: A mess, a total mess... ugh... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Always work in stereo with synths and keyboards , al samples are made in stereo

Impuls :-)

#455944 - 08/10/18 02:35 PM Re: A mess, a total mess... ugh... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The reverb control was the coolest thing on the 970. The knob was programmable, but that was the default setting.
I have asked Korg to add that to the list of controllable parameters on the PA series.

#455949 - 08/10/18 09:36 PM Re: A mess, a total mess... ugh... [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I used the T2 and the PSR S 970 in mono and it sounded fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online