Hey guys - Bought a Tyros 5 about 18 months ago and for various reasons didn't start setting it up until earlier this year. A few more unexpected things happened and couldn't make much progress at that time.

I've been working on it in earnest on a daily basis the last six weeks or so and while there's a LOT I love about it, there's one (to me) major drawback that has prevented me (so far) from really being able to make it my main KB for gigging with.

This EQ-ing every instrument is over my head. I loaded in the global EQ settings a month ago and I didn't like the sound at all. The high end was very thing and the low end too boomy.

I then set it on the Line Out PA, which I thought was a decent improvement, but then when I tried it on a gig, it sucked. Especially the piano.

So, then I tried EQ-ing the piano and again, it got a little better buy the low end of the piano is still too boomy, the mids and highs are whimpy.

It's reminding me of an old Korg triton pro x 88 I had and wound up dumping because it was just too detailed.

Its a wholly different experience from the other Tyros's I've owned (1 & 2) and the PSR's (3000 and psr 970S) All of which, after some minor global tweaking, sounded fantastic and I used for years with nothing but praise.

I am frustrated beyond words.

Keeping in mind that I went through what the psrtutorial site suggest and didn't find the sound appealing, can someone please make some suggestions on how to set the global eq and then how to eq the piano so they don't sound so lame, please?

I play mostly nursing homes and animal clubs. I play pretty loud and do everything from big band/standards to classic country to 60/70's rock.

Help!

smile

Edited by Bill in Dayton (08/09/18 09:51 AM)