SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#454425 - 07/08/18 06:37 PM V3 Sound Modules
Torch Offline

I am getting one of the new sound modules by V3 Sound. I already have their arranger called the Desktop and so I am familiar with their quality sounds.

They have sound modules specifically made for Korg, Yamaha, and others.

http://www.v3sound.com/en/e-ov-keyboardists.html
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#454430 - 07/09/18 01:11 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you already have a decent laptop then rather than go with these you would be better off getting a universal VST such as Kontakt 5 or Halion Sonic as you get a much better quality of sound along with greater flexibility, the only down side is that you have to set up the VST yourself to get it to work with your keyboard, but at least you will be getting a great experience in the process.

Bill

#454432 - 07/09/18 02:57 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
I find the V3 of great interest.
Bill may well be correct regarding Kontakt 5 & halion Sonic but that downside of setting up VST's puts off many such as myself.
Most of us are older guys and, at my age (78) it's a bit late to start learning all about VST's etc.

I want to plug something in, install the software and have it running and fully controlled from the Genos without any further hassle.
As Yamaha own Halion, I can't imagine why they don't sell it with the setup all ready to roll as V3 does.
Tony

#454437 - 07/09/18 07:01 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
If you already have a decent laptop then rather than go with these you would be better off getting a universal VST such as Kontakt 5 or Halion Sonic as you get a much better quality of sound along with greater flexibility, the only down side is that you have to set up the VST yourself to get it to work with your keyboard, but at least you will be getting a great experience in the process.

Bill

Hardware soundmodules don’t eat processing power of your desktop/laptop
When using certain VST’s like omnisphere and UHE Diva with some pro layerd DSP, a laptops power is quickly drained... its allways good to have some hardware module(s) to cover that..

Strong point of the V3 modules is that they can be i tegrated with the hardware keyboard and feel like onboard sounds (definately on the Genos) which makes them very very convenient..

Also the sound quallity is of the highest quallity

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454438 - 07/09/18 07:02 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Anthony Johnson]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Anthony Johnson
I find the V3 of great interest.
Bill may well be correct regarding Kontakt 5 & halion Sonic but that downside of setting up VST's puts off many such as myself.
Most of us are older guys and, at my age (78) it's a bit late to start learning all about VST's etc.

I want to plug something in, install the software and have it running and fully controlled from the Genos without any further hassle.
As Yamaha own Halion, I can't imagine why they don't sell it with the setup all ready to roll as V3 does.
Tony

Because yamaha makes more money selling expansion packs for Genos then selling hallion..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454458 - 07/09/18 10:35 PM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: abacus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By abacus

Bill
Bill, you do have a point. I have lots of VSTs besides Kontakt. In fact, with vArranger combined with HQ soundfonts and VSTs for solo voices I have been trying to go all software. The are definitively lots of pros and some cons. Then I ended up getting a Ketron SD40. Always excuses and self-justification for my GAS!

The V3 module I am getting has some unique sounds that you can't easily find in software. Or if you do find, they can be very expensive. I thought that the small module with MIDI in and USB host would make a good module. V3 Sound does have high quality sounds. In fact, one or more of their sound cards made their way into VST versions! I have both the hardware and software version.

Btw, does Holion Sonic still require a USB dongle? That's a deal breaker for me. The only exception for me is vArranger.

Chris

#454459 - 07/09/18 10:39 PM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
... Strong point of the V3 modules is that they can be i tegrated with the hardware keyboard and feel like onboard sounds (definately on the Genos) which makes them very very convenient..

Also the sound quallity is of the highest quallity
You are absolutely right about V3 Sound featuring sounds of the highest quality. They get licenses from other companies both hardware and software to burn sounds into their soundboards.

#454475 - 07/10/18 09:43 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
V3 sound module? Never heard of this before! I don't think this topic ever came up on Korg's forum. Very interesting!

#454508 - 07/10/18 11:29 PM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: SAM CA]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
V3 sound module? Never heard of this before! I don't think this topic ever came up on Korg's forum. Very interesting!
Check some of the sounds by V3 Sound on Youtube and you will get an idea. These new boards will only sound better than the previous models.

Edited by Torch (07/10/18 11:30 PM)

#454532 - 07/11/18 12:45 PM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Thanks for the link. If these are just standalone sound modules, why are they categorized under keyboard models and such? Why does it matter if you midi them to a Korg or Yamaha?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online