SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454179 - 06/30/18 09:26 PM arranger keyboard pricing
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I’m thinking Pa4x at appx $4k. And the Genos at $6k?. What part of an arranger keyboard do you think is most instrumental in causing pricing like this? Styles, sounds, the build, OS, greed?

My worst nightmare! The major arranger manufacturers get together and decide to regulate prices no different from what the airlines do.....and oil companies, and supermarkets even. What would be our options. Either pay the price, or.....find another hobby or profession!

#454201 - 07/01/18 01:35 PM Re: arranger keyboard pricing [Re: Mark79100]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
The Genos is a lot less if you shop around (Frank wink wink wink )
Much closer to the PA4X ...
Another Hobby might cost you a lot more...
Ask Gary about his boat wink grin
Eric

#454202 - 07/01/18 01:55 PM Re: arranger keyboard pricing [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Eric is right - the acronym BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand.

Frank has the best prices in town, and if I had longer to live, I would have purchased a Genos when they first became available. It's an incredible sounding keyboard.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#454226 - 07/02/18 04:53 AM Re: arranger keyboard pricing [Re: Mark79100]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
It is all about supply and demand. Competition, thankfully keeps the cost from being even more in the realm of non-affordability.

All "high-end" KBs sound great and like automobiles, come out with better upgrades with each model. The downside: If everyone could afford them, many venues would be flooded with "wannabees" and making a living for many of you would be difficult.

I'm grateful that most songwriters don't have a clue about Arrangers.

#454239 - 07/02/18 08:29 AM Re: arranger keyboard pricing [Re: Eric, B]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B
The Genos is a lot less if you shop around (Frank wink wink wink )
Much closer to the PA4X ...
Another Hobby might cost you a lot more...
Ask Gary about his boat wink grin
Eric

Gotta agree talking to Frank, you won't pay those kind of suggested list prices. And ditto to another hobby. Don't get involved with photography with the cost of some lenses you'd need to take a small mortgage to pay for them.

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/02/18 08:30 AM)

#454246 - 07/02/18 12:43 PM Re: arranger keyboard pricing [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
when I sit with a flagship arranger I think of the men and time involved to create the keyboard. I know the time I spend getting the keyboard just the way I want it. clock the time it gave me pleasure --- and made me dollars --- and the many times it moved me away from some sad moments.

No, no, it can be a one time cost that last for as many years as we wish. I am the one who wants something new --another exciting toy.
To quote my dear friend whi just recieved his Technics Kn3000 "Keep um coming". And look how many people missed the coming of the Technics Kn8000. No, no, a keyboard is not to highly priced. They have a price for everyone.

My evening prayer; I hope the new Korg Pa5x comes out soon, I can't wait.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online