arranger keyboard pricing

Posted by: Mark79100

arranger keyboard pricing - 06/30/18 09:26 PM

I’m thinking Pa4x at appx $4k. And the Genos at $6k?. What part of an arranger keyboard do you think is most instrumental in causing pricing like this? Styles, sounds, the build, OS, greed?

My worst nightmare! The major arranger manufacturers get together and decide to regulate prices no different from what the airlines do.....and oil companies, and supermarkets even. What would be our options. Either pay the price, or.....find another hobby or profession!
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: arranger keyboard pricing - 07/01/18 01:35 PM

The Genos is a lot less if you shop around (Frank wink wink wink )
Much closer to the PA4X ...
Another Hobby might cost you a lot more...
Ask Gary about his boat wink grin
Eric
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: arranger keyboard pricing - 07/01/18 01:55 PM

Eric is right - the acronym BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand.

Frank has the best prices in town, and if I had longer to live, I would have purchased a Genos when they first became available. It's an incredible sounding keyboard.

Gary cool
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: arranger keyboard pricing - 07/02/18 04:53 AM

It is all about supply and demand. Competition, thankfully keeps the cost from being even more in the realm of non-affordability.

All "high-end" KBs sound great and like automobiles, come out with better upgrades with each model. The downside: If everyone could afford them, many venues would be flooded with "wannabees" and making a living for many of you would be difficult.

I'm grateful that most songwriters don't have a clue about Arrangers.
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: arranger keyboard pricing - 07/02/18 08:29 AM

Originally Posted By Eric, B
The Genos is a lot less if you shop around (Frank wink wink wink )
Much closer to the PA4X ...
Another Hobby might cost you a lot more...
Ask Gary about his boat wink grin
Eric

Gotta agree talking to Frank, you won't pay those kind of suggested list prices. And ditto to another hobby. Don't get involved with photography with the cost of some lenses you'd need to take a small mortgage to pay for them.
Posted by: bruno123

Re: arranger keyboard pricing - 07/02/18 12:43 PM

when I sit with a flagship arranger I think of the men and time involved to create the keyboard. I know the time I spend getting the keyboard just the way I want it. clock the time it gave me pleasure --- and made me dollars --- and the many times it moved me away from some sad moments.

No, no, it can be a one time cost that last for as many years as we wish. I am the one who wants something new --another exciting toy.
To quote my dear friend whi just recieved his Technics Kn3000 "Keep um coming". And look how many people missed the coming of the Technics Kn8000. No, no, a keyboard is not to highly priced. They have a price for everyone.

My evening prayer; I hope the new Korg Pa5x comes out soon, I can't wait.

John C.