SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#452852 - 05/30/18 09:37 PM Price fixing
Bachus Offline

Yamaha, Korg, Roland and others are being investigated in the UK for price fixing...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05...-manufacturers/

I have been saying for years that the way companies like Yamaha are forcing dealers to their pre-fixed prices is illegal in most parts of the world

It will be interesting to see how this ends.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#452853 - 05/30/18 09:51 PM Re: Price fixing [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dealers can sell at whatever price they want. They can't ADVERTISE below a minimum price.
I think what the investigation is about is perhaps collusion between the companies to keep prices they sell to dealers at a higher level. Very interesting!

#452860 - 05/31/18 05:00 AM Re: Price fixing [Re: Bachus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Suspicions confirmed! LOL! Maybe this effort will be "joined" by other countries... including the U.S. ...and maybe Bolivia! That oughta' show em!

I suspect, after all is said and done, this story will be about Lawyers, Barristers and those in the legal profession... getting more wealth. Sad.

Thanks for sharing the news.

#452913 - 05/31/18 04:09 PM Re: Price fixing [Re: Bachus]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I see Ketron are not being investigated in the UK...that is because they already had their dealer network 100% destroyed by an inability to set a price.

Looks like its game over for Yamaha, Korg and Roland dealers too as the internet companies are happy with their couple of % margin (or less in some cases). You cant run a dealership on those margins.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online