SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#451813 - 05/12/18 06:42 AM Health Watch - 1st line of defense
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
In a few weeks, I start my summer schedule at the shore, and that fills up my only 2 days off each week. When I'm in this 7 day schedule, my trick for staying healthy is Vitamin C. Simple enough, but always works for me. I take 1000-2000 mgs each day to keep my resistance up. I'm hardly ever sick, but occasionally, I get congested, and feel a bit rundown, from the daily road trips. The extra Vitamin C boost keeps that in check. I'm blessed with lots of work, but it sure can put a strain on the rest of your week. I avoid anything that steals energy that I reserve for my clients.

Not a miracle drug, and maybe not for everyone, but for me - it's like a cheap insurance policy.

#451814 - 05/12/18 06:52 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Good tip dave...........I also felt more energetic when I lost weight too, less tired, out of breath, more vigorous too when I had a heavy gig schedule. Especially in hot summer months,...but keeping it off is the hard part. Good luck this season as always ...will try to drop in again to see ya and eat some delicious LOBSTER there Too!

Attachments
20170911_181345.jpg

#451815 - 05/12/18 06:53 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Good for you, Dave, and best wishes for your upcoming schedule ...
You might want to look a little deeper into the Vitamin C thing, as I believe any amount over 1000mgs is not absorbed by the body and just excreted through the urine ... You will probably get the same result just using 1000mgs, stretching your supply twice as far ...
JMHO

Edit: I'm sure that is a 'heart healthy' meal ... NOT!!!
But everything in moderation, right? ...
grin

Edited by tony mads usa (05/12/18 06:56 AM)

#451818 - 05/12/18 07:45 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, you are correct in the vitamin C dosage. As for the heart healthy meal, actually, it is very heart healthy. Very low in carbs, high protein and that little bowl of dipping butter will not have any effect on your arteries. Keep in mind that the people in the world with the highest fat intakes have the lowest incidence of cardiovascular disease. The French is a good example.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#451819 - 05/12/18 07:51 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Keep in mind that the people in the world with the highest fat intakes have the lowest incidence of cardiovascular disease. The French is a good example.

Yep, they die of alcoholism before the cardiovascular disease can kick in smile smile.

chas

PS: ....but they DO die happier smile.

#451821 - 05/12/18 08:16 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, according to the World Health Organization, the French rank #7 in the longevity list, while the US is not even in the top dozen countries. France has a very high fat intake, and very low rate of obesity. Go figure! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#451823 - 05/12/18 08:36 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary, while I would never say no to a meal like this, I still think that with the lobster, potato and its fixings, beer, and what appears to be Mac and cheese, it looks like a pretty good portion of carbs ...

#451827 - 05/12/18 10:22 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: Uncle Dave]
Niels Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

One of the best way to strengthen your Health, is to get more fibre (Inulin/FOS) in the diet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZcbNw7sng

#451834 - 05/12/18 11:24 AM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
any amount over 1000mgs is not absorbed by the body and just excreted through the urine ... You will probably get the same result just using 1000mgs

I've heard that, but I like my pee nice and yellow. smile

#451842 - 05/12/18 12:11 PM Re: Health Watch - 1st line of defense [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
any amount over 1000mgs is not absorbed by the body and just excreted through the urine ... You will probably get the same result just using 1000mgs

I've heard that, but I like my pee nice and yellow. smile

Dave TMI... surprised

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online