SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#45115 - 12/07/04 08:30 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Alec,

May I say it is nice to see you posting again. Thank you for itemizing the OS enhancements for us. Much appreciated. As you know, I have always had the highest regard and respect for you and your knowledge/expertise.

I am still left questioning why our UK Technics representative, Chris Whitehead, hasn't been courteous enough to list the OS changes for us, explain the significance and impact of each change, and to inform us where we can obtain authorized upgrade disks. It is very disappointing to me, a loyal Technics keyboard owner/player, to know that the people who should be serving us in the U.K. are invisible and rarely heard from. It would seem, from the reports we have read here on the Synth Zone, that Eddie Williams in the U.S. is a very helpful, interested, active and cooperative person. It seems a shame we don't enjoy the same "customer-oriented" attitude from our UK representatives that our American friends enjoy. If the attitude of our UK Technics reps is that they interface with dealers only and it is up to the dealers to handle customer queries/complaints, then I'm not surprised because that fits the pattern of so many other experiences I have had here. But that isn't how customer service is supposed to work. And according to some who have posted here, even the dealers are in the dark. That doesn't speak well of the service dealers are receiving from our Technics reps either.

I've said enough.

Best wishes, Alec

Chuck

#45116 - 12/07/04 09:23 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
technicsplayer Offline

a failed upgrade wiped the operating system entirely requiring return to Bracknell, nothing to do with me but they probably just got fed up with returns entirely due to customer error using updates distributed through email etc and not covered by guarantee since not from an approved source, accompanied by the inevitable complaints. 99.9% of people never needed to upgrade - I don't believe I ever saw anyone post a difference they noticed themselves between before and after, just moan about lack of a list of items they could not even notice - although now that I've listed some items no doubt everyone will have known all along - usually the case here I probably missed out increasing the single customs listed.
All the best to you too Chuck, Merry Christmas

#45117 - 12/07/04 09:58 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dereck,

Alec explained in the above message. Eddie Williams (U.S. Technics Rep) explained this to me by telephone many months ago. A great deal of the fix's would make no difference to most users. Since I received my updates from Eddie, I installed them and can see no difference in the operation of the 7000 with the one exception. Percentage of disk used is now accurate........so.......as many have said "If it is not broke don't fix it."

Fran in Florida

#45118 - 12/07/04 10:24 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I've read all of this stuff before -- YAWN --but it's one unofficial word against another.
I would still like to see a history of bug fixes for each version that has been published by Panasonic.
Until then, I consider it all "Smoke, Mirrors, and Conjecture".
Since we are not about to get anything more from Panasonic we might just as well forget about the whole subject.
For the record, I discovered recognizable bugs in 1.4 in my KN7000 (as shipped from the factory) that was corrected by installing 1.5 from Taiyo. No problems since.
Walt

#45119 - 12/07/04 10:51 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks Alec and Merry Christmas to you as well.

#45120 - 12/07/04 11:55 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Meyer:
but it's one unofficial word against another

Not really, because I only deal in provable facts, what other people wish to imagine is up to them, and by the way the bug list came from Panasonic

#45121 - 12/07/04 01:24 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hi Alex, Bill, Chuck and everyone. Good to be back and flapping my lips. Good, in fact very good to see your name again Alex. You inspire me no end. Ruthie says Hi to all you guys and tells me to get on with that list of things to do. And Walt, be nice.

Grandpa Doug

#45122 - 12/07/04 01:43 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome back Alec. Hope your here to stay.

Fran in Florida

#45123 - 12/07/04 02:23 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Gramps, hope you are still a good lad and doing everything Ruthie says...

Hi Fran, recent events show why it's probably a waste of my time

#45124 - 01/08/05 10:16 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Meyer:
For the record, I discovered recognizable bugs in 1.4 in my KN7000 (as shipped from the factory) that was corrected by installing 1.5 from Taiyo. No problems since.
Walt

Hi Walt,

Can you supply a little detail on the bugs in 1.4 on the 7000? What corrections did 1.5 make?

I, and probably many of us still have the original 1.4, and are curious.

Thanks
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online