SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#45095 - 02/13/04 04:12 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I have received another email from Chris Whitehead, clarifying the UK Update procedure.
Quote "The Dealers need to contact MIKE
BEAVEN at Panasonic Service, they should be aware of this but some are obviously not, as they are claiming they are no longer available.
Mike Beaven will only accept calls from Dealers for requests for Updates."

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45096 - 02/14/04 10:34 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Does anybody know how many floppies came with the Taiyo 1.6 upgrades ????

#45097 - 02/14/04 11:36 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
technicsplayer Offline

two, but you are supposed to install 1.4 table first if not already installed, which is another two.

#45098 - 02/14/04 11:40 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Well, Version 1.6 exists, that's for sure. My new KN7000 lists the operating version as 1.6, but that's no help for those without the update disks.You're welcome to come here and use my keyboard.

#45099 - 02/14/04 12:32 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Mike ORegan Offline

What's all the fuss?!?
If anyone emails me, I will send them the files, plus full instructions in English. So far I have sent out dozens, without anyone reporting difficulties
Mike O'R

#45100 - 02/14/04 04:27 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
What's all the fuss?!?
If anyone emails me, I will send them the files, plus full instructions in English. So far I have sent out dozens, without anyone reporting difficulties
Mike O'R

Thats weird because I now have the official 1.6 upgrade from Panasonic /Technics UK and there are 4 disks 2 for 1.6 Programme + another 2 for 1.6 Table so it is wise to be cautious before even installing this and I refer to Alecs earlier post

why would anybody want to waste their time with the Taiyo software particularly if the install instructions are not correct

#45101 - 12/05/04 10:06 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Brucey Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
No point in contacting Chris Whitehead - he has never answered me.

In Australia they post the updates on the Tehcnics website for downloading.

I have always done my own updates

Bruce

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I have just received an email from Chris Whitehead, at Technics UK. with reference to KN7000 Operating System Updates : QUOTE.

"As you are probably aware, we monitor places like Synthzone and I have recently noticed complaints about lack of a UK Update for the KN7000 operating system.

In the UK we have always asked UK customers to contact there Technics Dealer,(preferably the one from whom they purchased the Keyboard) to ask for the latest software update. This is mainly because the disks are made at Technics UK and are fully tested and certified.
I understand that Synthzone members may be very computer literate and are
competent at doing this, however we have many more customers who either do not own a computer or are not competent enough to do this.
We have had many complaints from customers who have downloaded updates from various websites in the past and wiped or corrupted the operating system, during the updating process and have not been able to restore it, with out our assistance.

Can I also offer my Email Address, which I believe has been posted here before. If any one in the UK has any issues with Technics Keyboards or the service we provide please contact me at chris.whitehead@panasonic.co.uk"

#45102 - 12/05/04 10:08 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Brucey Offline

Well he never bothered to reply to this day

Bruce

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brucey:
[b]you are lucky to get an email from Chris Whitehead - i have been waiting six weeks for
a response

Bruce

Hi Bruce, I just wonder if Chris's email is configured to only receive emails from UK ?
I've emailed him your email address and asked him to contact you.....

[/B]

#45103 - 12/05/04 10:10 PM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
Brucey Offline

Please send all versions of updates to me please.

Bruce

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
What's all the fuss?!?
Mike O'R

#45104 - 12/06/04 01:37 AM Re: How to receive KN7000 OS Updates in UK
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I think you will find the Australian link has disappeared. Looks like Technics doesn't exist, in so far as internet support is concerned!
Keith

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online