SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#447011 - 02/19/18 10:02 PM Re: my demo tapes from the 90s [Re: montunoman]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By montunoman
Oh yeah, I meant also to tell you Mark, that I liked a lot of the counter melodies that you threw in. Auto accompaniment can start sounding like a broken record.... Anyways, it's impressive you could do all that live!

Great compliment.....thanks. I could live a week on a "great compliment."

One of the things I take pride in is I can sing while playing "counter melodies" without missing a beat (as in the violin part of After the Lovin).....or......play a melody with my right hand and play the "counter melody" on the 2nd keyboard live.

#447012 - 02/19/18 10:14 PM Re: more of my demo tapes from the 1990s [Re: Giovanni]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Giovanni
Hi Mark , loved all your wonderful music !!! playing to this standard .....you will always find work and lots of gigs !!!
Thank you for sharing your talent !!!
Your old mentor John Leslie would be very proud of you .
regards .....Giovanni

And finally I get to my good friend Giovanni who I don't hear from that often but who always has something nice to say to me.

I love playing that type of music, world music, but unfortunately, there's no market for a Paso Doble, or a Strauss waltz anymore. I'm hoping they still appreciate it over there. I feel optimistic whenever I watch Andre Rieu and the crowds he draws in.

John Leslie....one thing I really regret....not having been able to tell him that my chance meeting with him turned my life around. Kick-started my music career, introduced me to French Musette music, fixed my accordions, sold me his custom-made musette accordion for 200 Pounds, got me my first job (in a German Bierkellar in Richmond), and introduced me to his (outgoing) girl friend who I dated for months. Talk about affecting someone's life!

Oh....I did tell him all that when I saw him again 10 years later, but......he didn't even remember me. Then again, he was a master BBC accordionist and an adventurer at the same time. Never did the same thing twice.

Hope you're doing well over there and playing regularly. If I recall you were working as a duo. I listen to a lot of Foster and Allen. He can really make that accordion talk.

Your friend

Mark

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online