SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#442946 - 12/21/17 06:21 AM So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences?
Dnj Offline

How was your playing experiences all month playing for the Holidays?.....would love to hear about all the different gigs and how your arrangers performed for you, etc,.........
also who's playing New Years Eve? what kind of events, etc,...
for the first time in many years I will be home with my family very happy about that.

#442957 - 12/21/17 08:10 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
It was a busy month with all the Xmas parties. Even had a day with 3 in one day, I had to stop the singer from taking a 4th.

My experience ...... Glad I had a line array system. (JBL Eon1).

Easy set up tear down, easy transporting, and most important ....
With all the party arrangements the people hiring forgot to include room for the duo. Played in some pretty tight quarters.

Merry Christmas,

Jerryghr

#442962 - 12/21/17 10:12 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Jerry sounds like fun...enjoy the Holidays.

#442963 - 12/21/17 10:27 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Things in the FL panhandle are quiet and comfortable this month...had a few gigs (Xmas parties, restaurant jobs, and an "out of the ordinary" beach wedding this past Sunday)....

Everything went fine til the beach wedding rolled in... It was set for 3:15 PM....but due to "inclement weather and scary radar" the bride calls me at 12:30 and says "we want to go at 2:00"...so I rush to the beach location, get my Crate Limo amp set up on its stand, power up and check out my backing tracks and wireless mic and reverb...."good to go at 2:00"... the wedding planner comes out and sees some mist over the Gulf...he says "we will go inside and wait".

I bagged my Crate amp with a garbage bag and secured it at the bottom....so at that point my track player/tablet and amp were safely covered. For the next 2 hours we passed up patches of nice sunny sky only to be told to stay inside. We were finally told "let's go" at 3:45. I uncovered my amp, played a couple songs for the guests and the bridesmaid and groomsman started down -- you guessed it - it started raining.

I got through the processionals and immediately bagged the amp again. Rain continued lightly during the ceremony. Then sadly, about 2 minutes before it was set to end, my amp started spewing "snap, crackles, and pops". I powered it off and played the recessional a capella.

I immediately departed (was set to play an hour at the reception and thank GOODNESS I had the Bose Compact in the van)... so I got to the reception and played without incident...

Any predictions on the future health of my Crate Amp? I fired it up at the house when I got home and it still had static but not as bad as it was on the beach. I have read that they can dry out and recover. Fingers are crossed. This Crate was made in the USA - a buddy told me they now make them in China and the quality is not the same...so hoping my dear old Crate will not be a "Mort".

Happy holidays y'all!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#442969 - 12/21/17 01:01 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: saxxman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Played my regular 4 nights per week at the club, plus 14 parties at this club, 22 at the faculty club, 5 private homes, two for the city and 1 for the state government. Add 90 hours so far for film scores.

Will play for the club on New Year's Eve. Will add two guys and a singer from the studio staff in Louisville. Adding a bass player and drummer. No arranger that night.

Xmas day, going to a VA with a local 16 piece big band. This is the place where my father-in-law passed away at in 2011 as well as his brother several weeks ago.

I come from a long line of professional military folks, so I will always help out, if needed.

Ho, Ho, Ho, everyone!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (12/21/17 01:03 PM)

#442970 - 12/21/17 01:30 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
bow What was the time frame for all those gigs, Russ? surprised

#442971 - 12/21/17 01:30 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Randy, open the back of the amp, fire up a hair dryer and blow it dry for about 30 minutes. If the static problem is being caused by moisture, that should cure it. However, if moisture got into the main volume potentiometer you will have to have it replaced. Not hard to do, though, usually just 5 wires to solder and you're ready to go.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442972 - 12/21/17 01:33 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

For the first time in more than 30 years, I didn't have to play a Christmas Party or NYE Party. For NYE, I am going to a old friend's house, eat fattening food, drink good booze, and shortly after midnight, I will drive the 2 miles to my home, and hit the sack with the same old gal I married 55 years ago. NAH! Not gonna get beyond that part. wink

Merry Christmas, Everyone,

Gary cool

#442974 - 12/21/17 01:55 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
For the first time in more than 30 years, I didn't have to play a Christmas Party or NYE Party. For NYE, I am going to a old friend's house, eat fattening food, drink good booze, and shortly after midnight, I will drive the 2 miles to my home, and hit the sack with the same old gal I married 55 years ago. NAH! Not gonna get beyond that part. wink

Merry Christmas, Everyone,

Gary cool

Gary I feel ya brother you enjoy and have a
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!....maybe bring your Kb to his house for some singalongs?.....
Im stayin home too this year gonna enjoy the family!!

#442978 - 12/21/17 02:32 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Since Thanksgiving, plus,I'm counting commitments thru New Year's day. On Saturdays and some Sundays, I have three, before my evening dinner gig. They are usually one hour (gathering time) before a company or organization Christmas party.

Luckily, a country preacher and his son are servers at the place I work most. The preacher plays an M-1 I donated, and they set all the equipment and move it between floors; often three different floors in a 5 hour period.

Actually, with studio time, my parties are off this year.

And I'm OLD NOW!

Have a happy one, all,

Russ

#442979 - 12/21/17 02:36 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Same old stuff, five nights a week, four hours a night, sometimes more.
Don't have to move anything except my fat @ss. Will be off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but work Sunday, New Year's Eve.

#443011 - 12/22/17 08:22 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Randy, open the back of the amp, fire up a hair dryer and blow it dry for about 30 minutes. If the static problem is being caused by moisture, that should cure it. However, if moisture got into the main volume potentiometer you will have to have it replaced. Not hard to do, though, usually just 5 wires to solder and you're ready to go.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary! Ran a check yesterday and it appears "Mr Crate" may have come out unscathed! Sounded quiet and no more "snap, crackle, pop" going on. Appreciate the advice and wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#443027 - 12/22/17 11:47 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Glad I could help, Randy.

Gary cool

#443062 - 12/23/17 06:26 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

wow what happened not much gigging going on anymore....very few replies......
not like it used to be ..

#443065 - 12/23/17 06:57 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Had about 22 jobs in December. No Christmas specials, thank God. Didn't feel like going through the crash course. But I did have about 7 very good arrangements that took me through the Christmas week.

Now looking forward to setting up my tablet with the 1000, whenever it arrives!

Merry Christmas to all

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#443067 - 12/23/17 06:59 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By saxxman

Good luck,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary! Ran a check yesterday and it appears "Mr Crate" may have come out unscathed! Sounded quiet and no more "snap, crackle, pop" going on. Appreciate the advice and wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season!

Brother Randy great news to hear!

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/17 07:00 AM)

#443068 - 12/23/17 07:09 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Good luck,

Gary cool

Steve don't disappoint us you know YOUR next baby!!!! lol

#443072 - 12/23/17 07:27 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I did a Christmas special with my band Monday with my Hammond SK1 and SD40 module; great sound. Wed is my Karaoke show with 90% Christmas, with my church dinner immediately following with 200 in attendance, using the same rig. Thurs was an assisted living gig with virtually no room to set up so I did the show with just my SD40. I used midis and CDG vocals for a lively hour. They loved it. Christmas day is the big Christmas dinner at our Cultural Center using the same SK1 and SD40. It is a real killer combo.

#443088 - 12/23/17 10:38 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I did a Christmas special with my band Monday with my Hammond SK1 and SD40 module; great sound. Wed is my Karaoke show with 90% Christmas, with my church dinner immediately following with 200 in attendance, using the same rig. Thurs was an assisted living gig with virtually no room to set up so I did the show with just my SD40. I used midis and CDG vocals for a lively hour. They loved it. Christmas day is the big Christmas dinner at our Cultural Center using the same SK1 and SD40. It is a real killer combo.

Bernie your killin' them out there WTG buddy Pics videos?
keep up the great work I am sure your crowds love it big time ...
that SK1 SD40 rig sounds very kool and must sound terriffic.

keys

Edited by Dnj (12/23/17 10:49 AM)

#443103 - 12/23/17 12:08 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Good luck,

Gary cool

Steve don't disappoint us you know YOUR next baby!!!! lol

Donny, No Santa Claus didn't bring me a Genos it was the Thanksgiving Turkey that brought it to me smile smile Here's an experience I had with it.

I had a great reaction playing the Genos at a Friday gig! It as an annual Christmas open house gig at an upscale assisted living facility I play all Christmas music. I usually setup near a fireplace in the lobby, the buffet of food and drinks that’s served is one door over but people come in and out of the facility to visit have some food, relax and listen to me play. I’ve been paying this gig every year for the last 5 years and I’ve used the T5, Pa3x and Pa4x, but today’s reaction was fantastic. More people lingered and sat in the lobby to listen to me play, applause was constant not the occasional applause you get playing at an event like today’s. WOW is all I can say. I used my Bose Compact to amplify the Genos. Lots of great alive styles I love the acoustic blues style and used it for ‘Blue Christmas” wow using the harmonica and the acoustic resonator guitar. When I played Blue Christmas and went from the guitar to the harmonica, people stopped and really took notice! AMAZING!!!!!

What made my day was there were 2 musicians in the audience, one a pianist and the other a solo guitarist, the guitarist made it a point to come talk to me while I was breaking equipment down. The pianist sat near me and told me he was just amazed at not only how great the Genos sounded but how familiar I was with controlling over to get the most out of it. Gotta say for live play they copied many of the controls from the Korg line including Yamaha's version of Songbook, they call it playlist and to be able to save registrations to a playlist was long over due.
Modify message

#443104 - 12/23/17 12:56 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Steve - enjoy that GENOS! It will definitely be a great way to start and end the holidays for sure!

Still enjoying the Genos demo's....

Have a great safe and musical Xmas!

#443107 - 12/23/17 01:14 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Randy,

Thank you, it is a great way to enjoy the holidays. Likewise you have a safe and musical Christmas!

P.S. I see it's 534 and counting now smile smile

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/17 01:15 PM)

#443117 - 12/23/17 02:32 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Donny, No Santa Claus didn't bring me a Genos it was the Thanksgiving Turkey that brought it to me smile smile Here's an experience I had with it.

I had a great reaction playing the Genos at a Friday gig! It as an annual Christmas open house gig at an upscale assisted living facility I play all Christmas music. I usually setup near a fireplace in the lobby, the buffet of food and drinks that’s served is one door over but people come in and out of the facility to visit have some food, relax and listen to me play. I’ve been paying this gig every year for the last 5 years and I’ve used the T5, Pa3x and Pa4x, but today’s reaction was fantastic. More people lingered and sat in the lobby to listen to me play, applause was constant not the occasional applause you get playing at an event like today’s. WOW is all I can say. I used my Bose Compact to amplify the Genos. Lots of great alive styles I love the acoustic blues style and used it for ‘Blue Christmas” wow using the harmonica and the acoustic resonator guitar. When I played Blue Christmas and went from the guitar to the harmonica, people stopped and really took notice! AMAZING!!!!!

What made my day was there were 2 musicians in the audience, one a pianist and the other a solo guitarist, the guitarist made it a point to come talk to me while I was breaking equipment down. The pianist sat near me and told me he was just amazed at not only how great the Genos sounded but how familiar I was with controlling over to get the most out of it. Gotta say for live play they copied many of the controls from the Korg line including Yamaha's version of Songbook, they call it playlist and to be able to save registrations to a playlist was long over due.
Modify message
[/quote]

Steve you sly FOX!! Congrats good buddy ....I knew you couldn't stay away from GENOS!! did you sell the KORG and TYROS? or?
make great music with it you the man!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours

#443120 - 12/23/17 03:05 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Modify message

Steve you sly FOX!! Congrats good buddy ....I knew you couldn't stay away from GENOS!! did you sell the KORG and TYROS? or?
make great music with it you the man!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours

[/quote]

Donny thanks for the congrats! Yes I'm a bit of a sly fox smile smile I still have a Pa4x, I'll hold on to it, I love the 4x too. I sold the Tyros about a year and half ago to make room for the Pa4x.

.........and Merry Christmas buddy to you and your family!

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/17 03:06 PM)

#443136 - 12/23/17 07:24 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Steve, you have all the toys - I'm jealous (until I get my 1000).

Mobile Pro was an easy set up. When I complete my lists, I'll explore the 3X link midi process. Wish me luck smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#443173 - 12/24/17 11:13 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Steve, you have all the toys - I'm jealous (until I get my 1000).

Mobile Pro was an easy set up. When I complete my lists, I'll explore the 3X link midi process. Wish me luck smile

Jim, Yea, I’m a 65 year old teenager..........I’ll call it I’m blessed.

Congrats on your new tablet and Mobile Pro sheets. The midi process is pretty simple, be sure to download the separate Korg manual that explains the “how to.”

http://www.korg.com/download/global/paseries/tutorials/Using_MobileSheetsPro_for_Android.pdf

#443203 - 12/24/17 05:40 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Hey thanks Steve. Having fum and ready to do a Korg hookup, just in time.

#443231 - 12/25/17 05:10 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Zuki.....your coming from a pa3x 76 key semi weighted keybed to a much lighter feel 61 pa1000 hope you like it. aside from that the pa1000 should be the one to beat for MOTL arrangers in the coming year for a live performer...unless they spruce up the new mini genos competitor with some better navigational features....good luck when it arrives hope everything works out for all.

#443237 - 12/25/17 05:54 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Zuki.....your coming from a pa3x 76 key semi weighted keybed to a much lighter feel 61 pa1000 hope you like it. aside from that the pa1000 should be the one to beat for MOTL arrangers in the coming year for a live performer...unless they spruce up the new mini genos competitor with some better navigational features....good luck when it arrives hope everything works out for all.

Thanks Donny. I'm hoping they didn't put in the 900 keybed. If so, I'll stick with the 3X until the next one comes along.

I loved the 800 keybed, but they sure changed it on the 900.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Edited by zuki (12/25/17 05:56 AM)

#443238 - 12/25/17 06:02 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanks Donny. I'm hoping they didn't put in the 900 keybed. If so, I'll stick with the 3X until the next one comes along.

I loved the 800 keybed, but they sure chnanged in on the 900.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Zuki,...that key feel is something we have to wait and see for sure on the pa1000 if its the same as a pa900 or not,......that said I though you were going for the pa4x from the pa3x a logical choice...let hope the pa1000 fill yours and many others KB needs in many ways...good luck ..

Edited by Dnj (12/25/17 06:03 AM)

#443248 - 12/25/17 08:06 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I just love the keybed on my pa900 and hope My new pa1000 has the same keybed. Just right not psr toylike and not piano touch.
Mel

#443257 - 12/25/17 09:38 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I agree - the PA900 keybed is also semi weighted, and I expect the 1000 to be the same ... whenever we get 'em!
I can't really call the 900 a mid level instrument. I put it in the pro category, more like a Lincoln, than a Bentley (4x).
The MOTL would be the PA300, I think - much more scaled down.

#484303 - 12/17/19 07:14 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

so how is the 2019 Christmas season gigging so far with your arranger keyboard?

#484314 - 12/17/19 08:36 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

No arranger keyboards. I do over 30 Christmas parties fr companies at a local country club. Usually, it;s one hour before dinner or lunch. Luckily, there is a part-time preacher who is on the wait staff. He and his son move the B-3 between floors.

Regular gig is 4 nights a week.

WHEW! Now where is that Grinch suit?

R.

#484322 - 12/17/19 09:41 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Nothing out of the ordinary thus far, with a few yet to be played ... but LAST year, while playing for a religious group dedicated to the Blessed Mother Mary, a Priest was invited to sing a song ... as he was introducing the song, I felt that I was familiar with the history he was talking of and soon realized he was going to sing an Italian Christmas carol that my mother and her parents used to sing every year, and I subsequently learned it ... As he started singing I got chills up my arms thinking back to those days ... I began to accompany him, and this year at that same function we performed it together once again ... Here is the Carol, as sung by the master ...

#484325 - 12/17/19 10:06 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Have a 2 hour Christmas special this afternoon. Still cramming, but have some nice stuff this year. Also, this is my maiden voyage with the MX61. I've been working it in, especially the Christmas tunes. Will be fun and challenging.....yikes

#484328 - 12/17/19 10:40 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
tony mads usa Offline

I'm sure you will rock it, zuki ...
Today mine is 1 1/2 hrs ...
keys singer

#484333 - 12/17/19 11:26 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Just took a 1/4 inch layer of ICE of my car ...
Fortunately, after running the car engine for a while it came off in sheets ...
I'm REALLY beginning to dislike Winter here in the frozen North ...

#484335 - 12/17/19 12:00 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Just took a 1/4 inch layer of ICE of my car ...
Fortunately, after running the car engine for a while it came off in sheets ...
I'm REALLY beginning to dislike Winter here in the frozen North ...

Time to head south..

#484364 - 12/17/19 02:46 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Time to head south..

NEVER!!!!! grin Bring on the chill!

#484368 - 12/17/19 02:49 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

Time to head south..

NEVER!!!!! grin Bring on the chill!

Yes we finally agree on something..

#484374 - 12/17/19 03:01 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'll never do the snowbird thing. I'd die down there the first season!

#484377 - 12/17/19 03:04 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I just finished an Xmas gig

#484378 - 12/17/19 03:04 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I'll never do the snowbird thing. I'd die down there the first season!

me too.......I don't get the attraction..
luv my 4 seasons

#484383 - 12/17/19 03:06 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Depends on whether you'd rather shovel snow or play golf.

#484385 - 12/17/19 03:07 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

I don't do either! The building does the first, and the second one ...... never took to it. Good way to spoil a nice walk.

#484389 - 12/17/19 03:12 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
sssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg

#484392 - 12/17/19 03:37 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Good way to spoil a nice walk.

Golf is a good walk spoiled.
And NO it wasn't Mark Twain ...

#484393 - 12/17/19 03:37 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
cool2

Damn ... now THAT'S pretty. (wheres the pretty picture in the snow????)

#484396 - 12/17/19 03:44 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

When you get to my age, you quickly realize that SNOW is a four letter word, and any temperature lower than my age is considered the dead of winter. Gimme sunshine, clear blue skies, turquoise colored water, 80-degrees, swaying coconut palms and sugar white sand - OH YEAH!

Attachments
Florida snowman.jpg

DSCN3589.jpg

Salt and Ice.jpg

#484399 - 12/17/19 03:50 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Gary - you can HAVE it! I like to visit, but I need to come back north where I belong. I don't even like the sun in the summer - I run for shade whenever possible!
I'm certain I'll feel the same at any age I'm lucky enough to reach!
(That's why I keep a layer of "insulation" wrapped around my tummy area)

#484405 - 12/17/19 04:31 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Gary life is too short pack up and get down south asap
if that is what you really want do it whatever it takes.
No more complaining just bright sunshine every day.

#484408 - 12/17/19 04:36 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: travlin'easy]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
When you get to my age, you quickly realize that SNOW is a four letter word, and any temperature lower than my age is considered the dead of winter. Gimme sunshine, clear blue skies, turquoise colored water, 80-degrees, swaying coconut palms and sugar white sand - OH YEAH!

+1!

#484409 - 12/17/19 05:05 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, if I physically could, I would have been headed for the Florida Keys in October aboard the boat. Unfortunately, too many body parts have gone to Hell in a hand-basket, so I'm stuck up here in the People's Republic Of Maryland for the winter, if I make it that far.

I tried to get Carol to move to the Florida Keys when we first got married, and while she absolutely loved it there, she said she would be missing being close to her family. I tried to tell her that if we moved to the keys, we would likely see them more often than we do now. She wouldn't go for it. Well, we see her sisters about once a year, just for a day. When we spent 3 months in the keys a couple years ago, our children came down for two weeks and stayed. Her sisters would have as well, but they were stuck up here in the frozen north baby sitting for their grandchildren. smile

Gary cool

#484410 - 12/17/19 05:06 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Bernie9

Bernie your killin' them out there WTG buddy Pics videos?
keep up the great work I am sure your crowds love it big time ...
that SK1 SD40 rig sounds very kool and must sound terriffic.

keys

keys

PS does she come with it?...just sayin'

Edited by Dnj (12/17/19 05:07 PM)

#484411 - 12/17/19 05:25 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
14 dec. gigs - I feel like a slacker after reading preceding posts. All Christmas gigs with SD1 Plus and Midjay Plus - vocals with some registrations some midi files ...

#484414 - 12/17/19 05:30 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerry T
14 dec. gigs - I feel like a slacker after reading preceding posts. All Christmas gigs with SD1 Plus and Midjay Plus - vocals with some registrations some midi files ...

Enjoy Jerry Buona Festa

Edited by Dnj (12/17/19 05:32 PM)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online