SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#442979 - 12/21/17 02:36 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Same old stuff, five nights a week, four hours a night, sometimes more.
Don't have to move anything except my fat @ss. Will be off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but work Sunday, New Year's Eve.

#443011 - 12/22/17 08:22 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Randy, open the back of the amp, fire up a hair dryer and blow it dry for about 30 minutes. If the static problem is being caused by moisture, that should cure it. However, if moisture got into the main volume potentiometer you will have to have it replaced. Not hard to do, though, usually just 5 wires to solder and you're ready to go.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary! Ran a check yesterday and it appears "Mr Crate" may have come out unscathed! Sounded quiet and no more "snap, crackle, pop" going on. Appreciate the advice and wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#443027 - 12/22/17 11:47 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Glad I could help, Randy.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#443062 - 12/23/17 06:26 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

wow what happened not much gigging going on anymore....very few replies......
not like it used to be ..

#443065 - 12/23/17 06:57 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Had about 22 jobs in December. No Christmas specials, thank God. Didn't feel like going through the crash course. But I did have about 7 very good arrangements that took me through the Christmas week.

Now looking forward to setting up my tablet with the 1000, whenever it arrives!

Merry Christmas to all

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#443067 - 12/23/17 06:59 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By saxxman
Randy, open the back of the amp, fire up a hair dryer and blow it dry for about 30 minutes. If the static problem is being caused by moisture, that should cure it. However, if moisture got into the main volume potentiometer you will have to have it replaced. Not hard to do, though, usually just 5 wires to solder and you're ready to go.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary! Ran a check yesterday and it appears "Mr Crate" may have come out unscathed! Sounded quiet and no more "snap, crackle, pop" going on. Appreciate the advice and wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season!

Brother Randy great news to hear!

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/17 07:00 AM)

#443068 - 12/23/17 07:09 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Good luck,

Gary cool

Steve don't disappoint us you know YOUR next baby!!!! lol

#443072 - 12/23/17 07:27 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I did a Christmas special with my band Monday with my Hammond SK1 and SD40 module; great sound. Wed is my Karaoke show with 90% Christmas, with my church dinner immediately following with 200 in attendance, using the same rig. Thurs was an assisted living gig with virtually no room to set up so I did the show with just my SD40. I used midis and CDG vocals for a lively hour. They loved it. Christmas day is the big Christmas dinner at our Cultural Center using the same SK1 and SD40. It is a real killer combo.

#443088 - 12/23/17 10:38 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I did a Christmas special with my band Monday with my Hammond SK1 and SD40 module; great sound. Wed is my Karaoke show with 90% Christmas, with my church dinner immediately following with 200 in attendance, using the same rig. Thurs was an assisted living gig with virtually no room to set up so I did the show with just my SD40. I used midis and CDG vocals for a lively hour. They loved it. Christmas day is the big Christmas dinner at our Cultural Center using the same SK1 and SD40. It is a real killer combo.

Bernie your killin' them out there WTG buddy Pics videos?
keep up the great work I am sure your crowds love it big time ...
that SK1 SD40 rig sounds very kool and must sound terriffic.

keys

Edited by Dnj (12/23/17 10:49 AM)

#443103 - 12/23/17 12:08 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Good luck,

Gary cool

Steve don't disappoint us you know YOUR next baby!!!! lol

Donny, No Santa Claus didn't bring me a Genos it was the Thanksgiving Turkey that brought it to me smile smile Here's an experience I had with it.

I had a great reaction playing the Genos at a Friday gig! It as an annual Christmas open house gig at an upscale assisted living facility I play all Christmas music. I usually setup near a fireplace in the lobby, the buffet of food and drinks that’s served is one door over but people come in and out of the facility to visit have some food, relax and listen to me play. I’ve been paying this gig every year for the last 5 years and I’ve used the T5, Pa3x and Pa4x, but today’s reaction was fantastic. More people lingered and sat in the lobby to listen to me play, applause was constant not the occasional applause you get playing at an event like today’s. WOW is all I can say. I used my Bose Compact to amplify the Genos. Lots of great alive styles I love the acoustic blues style and used it for ‘Blue Christmas” wow using the harmonica and the acoustic resonator guitar. When I played Blue Christmas and went from the guitar to the harmonica, people stopped and really took notice! AMAZING!!!!!

What made my day was there were 2 musicians in the audience, one a pianist and the other a solo guitarist, the guitarist made it a point to come talk to me while I was breaking equipment down. The pianist sat near me and told me he was just amazed at not only how great the Genos sounded but how familiar I was with controlling over to get the most out of it. Gotta say for live play they copied many of the controls from the Korg line including Yamaha's version of Songbook, they call it playlist and to be able to save registrations to a playlist was long over due.
Modify message

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online