SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#443104 - 12/23/17 12:56 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Steve - enjoy that GENOS! It will definitely be a great way to start and end the holidays for sure!

Still enjoying the Genos demo's....

Have a great safe and musical Xmas!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#443107 - 12/23/17 01:14 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Randy,

Thank you, it is a great way to enjoy the holidays. Likewise you have a safe and musical Christmas!

P.S. I see it's 534 and counting now smile smile

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/17 01:15 PM)

#443117 - 12/23/17 02:32 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Donny, No Santa Claus didn't bring me a Genos it was the Thanksgiving Turkey that brought it to me smile smile Here's an experience I had with it.

I had a great reaction playing the Genos at a Friday gig! It as an annual Christmas open house gig at an upscale assisted living facility I play all Christmas music. I usually setup near a fireplace in the lobby, the buffet of food and drinks that’s served is one door over but people come in and out of the facility to visit have some food, relax and listen to me play. I’ve been paying this gig every year for the last 5 years and I’ve used the T5, Pa3x and Pa4x, but today’s reaction was fantastic. More people lingered and sat in the lobby to listen to me play, applause was constant not the occasional applause you get playing at an event like today’s. WOW is all I can say. I used my Bose Compact to amplify the Genos. Lots of great alive styles I love the acoustic blues style and used it for ‘Blue Christmas” wow using the harmonica and the acoustic resonator guitar. When I played Blue Christmas and went from the guitar to the harmonica, people stopped and really took notice! AMAZING!!!!!

What made my day was there were 2 musicians in the audience, one a pianist and the other a solo guitarist, the guitarist made it a point to come talk to me while I was breaking equipment down. The pianist sat near me and told me he was just amazed at not only how great the Genos sounded but how familiar I was with controlling over to get the most out of it. Gotta say for live play they copied many of the controls from the Korg line including Yamaha's version of Songbook, they call it playlist and to be able to save registrations to a playlist was long over due.
Modify message
[/quote]

Steve you sly FOX!! Congrats good buddy ....I knew you couldn't stay away from GENOS!! did you sell the KORG and TYROS? or?
make great music with it you the man!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours

#443120 - 12/23/17 03:05 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Donny, No Santa Claus didn't bring me a Genos it was the Thanksgiving Turkey that brought it to me smile smile Here's an experience I had with it.

I had a great reaction playing the Genos at a Friday gig! It as an annual Christmas open house gig at an upscale assisted living facility I play all Christmas music. I usually setup near a fireplace in the lobby, the buffet of food and drinks that’s served is one door over but people come in and out of the facility to visit have some food, relax and listen to me play. I’ve been paying this gig every year for the last 5 years and I’ve used the T5, Pa3x and Pa4x, but today’s reaction was fantastic. More people lingered and sat in the lobby to listen to me play, applause was constant not the occasional applause you get playing at an event like today’s. WOW is all I can say. I used my Bose Compact to amplify the Genos. Lots of great alive styles I love the acoustic blues style and used it for ‘Blue Christmas” wow using the harmonica and the acoustic resonator guitar. When I played Blue Christmas and went from the guitar to the harmonica, people stopped and really took notice! AMAZING!!!!!

What made my day was there were 2 musicians in the audience, one a pianist and the other a solo guitarist, the guitarist made it a point to come talk to me while I was breaking equipment down. The pianist sat near me and told me he was just amazed at not only how great the Genos sounded but how familiar I was with controlling over to get the most out of it. Gotta say for live play they copied many of the controls from the Korg line including Yamaha's version of Songbook, they call it playlist and to be able to save registrations to a playlist was long over due.
Modify message

Steve you sly FOX!! Congrats good buddy ....I knew you couldn't stay away from GENOS!! did you sell the KORG and TYROS? or?
make great music with it you the man!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours

[/quote]

Donny thanks for the congrats! Yes I'm a bit of a sly fox smile smile I still have a Pa4x, I'll hold on to it, I love the 4x too. I sold the Tyros about a year and half ago to make room for the Pa4x.

.........and Merry Christmas buddy to you and your family!

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/23/17 03:06 PM)

#443136 - 12/23/17 07:24 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Steve, you have all the toys - I'm jealous (until I get my 1000).

Mobile Pro was an easy set up. When I complete my lists, I'll explore the 3X link midi process. Wish me luck smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#443173 - 12/24/17 11:13 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
Steve, you have all the toys - I'm jealous (until I get my 1000).

Mobile Pro was an easy set up. When I complete my lists, I'll explore the 3X link midi process. Wish me luck smile

Jim, Yea, I’m a 65 year old teenager..........I’ll call it I’m blessed.

Congrats on your new tablet and Mobile Pro sheets. The midi process is pretty simple, be sure to download the separate Korg manual that explains the “how to.”

http://www.korg.com/download/global/paseries/tutorials/Using_MobileSheetsPro_for_Android.pdf

#443203 - 12/24/17 05:40 PM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Hey thanks Steve. Having fum and ready to do a Korg hookup, just in time.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#443231 - 12/25/17 05:10 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Zuki.....your coming from a pa3x 76 key semi weighted keybed to a much lighter feel 61 pa1000 hope you like it. aside from that the pa1000 should be the one to beat for MOTL arrangers in the coming year for a live performer...unless they spruce up the new mini genos competitor with some better navigational features....good luck when it arrives hope everything works out for all.

#443237 - 12/25/17 05:54 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Zuki.....your coming from a pa3x 76 key semi weighted keybed to a much lighter feel 61 pa1000 hope you like it. aside from that the pa1000 should be the one to beat for MOTL arrangers in the coming year for a live performer...unless they spruce up the new mini genos competitor with some better navigational features....good luck when it arrives hope everything works out for all.

Thanks Donny. I'm hoping they didn't put in the 900 keybed. If so, I'll stick with the 3X until the next one comes along.

I loved the 800 keybed, but they sure changed it on the 900.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Edited by zuki (12/25/17 05:56 AM)

#443238 - 12/25/17 06:02 AM Re: So who's gigging this Xmas season...? experiences? [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanks Donny. I'm hoping they didn't put in the 900 keybed. If so, I'll stick with the 3X until the next one comes along.

I loved the 800 keybed, but they sure chnanged in on the 900.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

Zuki,...that key feel is something we have to wait and see for sure on the pa1000 if its the same as a pa900 or not,......that said I though you were going for the pa4x from the pa3x a logical choice...let hope the pa1000 fill yours and many others KB needs in many ways...good luck ..

Edited by Dnj (12/25/17 06:03 AM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online