SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#442216 - 12/08/17 11:22 PM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: shueymusic]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
The next level of sounds... especially the drums! Really want to try them out soon. NAMM is a way to see what else comes out... Genos sounds without the styles for $2999. I’d invest in that idea!!!

Never expect any arranger News from Namm

http://keyszone.boards.net

#442218 - 12/09/17 01:35 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Being a mediocre musician - playing for fun and at home only - and a poor singer - I have never used the vocal harmony in my previous keyboards - I decided in 2014 to go for a PSR S750.

And this suits me fine!

Jørgen

#442219 - 12/09/17 01:42 AM Re: So Why Didnt you order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
If Yamaha had not increased the price for T5 just before Genos came, and the difference to the other comparable was not that high, I would have bought Genos right away.
Right now Genos is a few dollars cheaper than T5, believe it or not, but still about 25% more expensive than other comparable TOTLs like Korg and Ketron.
To me, it's not so much about the money, but about the principles.
I simply refuse to be "a stupid milk cow" for Yamaha.
So, I either keep T4 and add a PA4X-76, or wait to see if Yamaha comes to terms with its pricing policy here in Norway.
Time will show.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#442311 - 12/10/17 01:24 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I've been spending some time writing down some arguments, why I do not want Genos... admiting that I still love the idea of Genos, but not the Genos itself... , then I had to admit to myself that the more arguments I find, the more obvious my obsession gets.

Well, for now I maneged to convince myself that it's actually good for me that I want it not being able to afford it - even if I sell my car (not gonna do it)... It's always better to be focused on reaching something than on escaping something (well, philosophie is a form of denial as well).

So far I have two things to say, which seem to me quite solid. First, switching from PSR-3000 to PSR-S950 (with some external influence) 4 years ago didn't help me to become a better lyricist (sounds lame, but still), yet I did record with it a whole lot of stuff and I know that by that time PSR-3000 started to loose its charm. Now I need to find a good lyricist (I don't need a bad one because I have myself) who will use the stuff I made for songs, we will sell it and I'll get my Genos.

Second, and it's important. There're a lot of people who will never know what to do with any keyboard, including Genos. They have their own things to enjoy. Giving that I fail to enjoy tons of things, there's nothing rediculous in spending extra cash on a thing which will be actually used and appreciated. Still, there are instruments in the market which are much more about "the idea" than Genos, which is really about playing it quite a lot.

I know I'll be going back and forth.

#442313 - 12/10/17 02:19 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In addition, I would say that anyone who would pay that kind of money for an instrument and not play it much has too much money. However, there are many who dream of sounding like the pros doing the demos, but haven't the fortitude, perseverance, or talent to reach anywhere near their goal. In the second category, if they get much enjoyment from the endeavor, it is worth it. Your case is more like us in that you are already a musician of sorts and want a tool to enhance your skills. I am always looking for ways to do this, but the instrument itself seldom is the magic catalyst unless you have such a basic instrument that it does not provide the necessary tools.

Many of us here, including myself, have top of the line instruments and have had the necessary means build into their boards for some time, and, are pros at their trade. Yet, the Genos beckons with all of their marketing hype, but the new sounds and features are a source of doubt about whether or not they have the best for them. Some will say "no way will I spend that kind of money when it will likely not earn them any more money. However, some like myself would get it if it somehow offered more than my present keyboards. So far, I haven't been convinced.

#442316 - 12/10/17 04:03 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Bernie9]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Well put Bernie. I have a feeling that a Genos may be in your future though.

#442317 - 12/10/17 04:25 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Or why not just wait and see what is coming down the pike... a year or two..? What is tbe rush?

#442318 - 12/10/17 05:33 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny, how is that tc helicon unit working? Better than th PA4X harmonizer?

#442320 - 12/10/17 05:53 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
He decided against it. It's for sale. If anyone is interested let me know. This one used only a few minutes smile $200. shipped to US. T.C. Helicon Perform VK. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/...ghoCdKcQAvD_BwE

#442321 - 12/10/17 06:21 PM Re: So Why Didn't YOU order a New Genos yet?..... [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

She's cute, but still sounds like a trio of ducks to me, jmo

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online