SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#440614 - 11/09/17 12:05 PM Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos [Re: Brian3331]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Tony:

The "Country" "songs" coming out of Nashville these days have almost completely abandoned the Traditional Country Genre sounds.
Some of it even sounds like an imitation of Rap. To my surprise, last night I was surfing through the channels and zeroed in on the Country Music Awards... and nearly fell out of my chair when I heard what sounded like Traditional Country coming from a nine-piece band (including female vocalist and female backup singer) on what I suspect may be a new song... judging by the lyrics. I did not have time to watch the rest of the awards show, and from the reviews, I'm glad I didn't.

Not all the songs I write are "Country Genre" but I have really needed styles and multi-pads with that flat-top, lap-steel and dobro sound... and I hope Yamaha will jump on the bandwagon and begin to provide them soon. (If not them, maybe Korg or Roland will pick up the gauntlet and join the fight for better sounding styles.)

Thanks to our Irish friend, Brian... I'm optimistic.

All the best, ----Dave Rice

http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

#440615 - 11/09/17 12:44 PM Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos [Re: Brian3331]
Dnj Offline

Many of todays country pop songs are starting to sound all the same with that duet double vocal harmony and rock orientated sound......
I agree to bring back the traditional country sound of years ago...

Edited by Dnj (11/09/17 12:45 PM)

#440616 - 11/09/17 02:00 PM Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos [Re: Riceroni9]
Brian3331 Offline

Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Hi Tony:

The "Country" "songs" coming out of Nashville these days have almost completely abandoned the Traditional Country Genre sounds.
Some of it even sounds like an imitation of Rap. To my surprise, last night I was surfing through the channels and zeroed in on the Country Music Awards... and nearly fell out of my chair when I heard what sounded like Traditional Country coming from a nine-piece band (including female vocalist and female backup singer) on what I suspect may be a new song... judging by the lyrics. I did not have time to watch the rest of the awards show, and from the reviews, I'm glad I didn't.

Not all the songs I write are "Country Genre" but I have really needed styles and multi-pads with that flat-top, lap-steel and dobro sound... and I hope Yamaha will jump on the bandwagon and begin to provide them soon. (If not them, maybe Korg or Roland will pick up the gauntlet and join the fight for better sounding styles.)

Thanks to our Irish friend, Brian... I'm optimistic.

All the best, ----Dave Rice

http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

Thank y’all for the nice comments if any of you have the genos I’ll be happy to forward you on the styles I created

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online