Posted by: Brian3331

Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/08/17 06:24 AM

https://youtu.be/3PJXgMxKGaM
Posted by: DonM

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/08/17 07:55 AM

Nice sound!
Posted by: W Tracy Parnell

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/08/17 01:50 PM

Sounds excellent-those Revo drums make a difference.
Posted by: 124

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/08/17 04:12 PM

Yeah, would've liked to hear breaks and variations, though.

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By 124

Hey man I used 3 of the variations I’ll hopefully be putting more stuff on YouTube I’ll let you hear breaks then 😃
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 04:59 AM

Hi Brian:

I'm assuming Genos Styles cannot be used on earlier PSR Keyboards like the PSR-S910 but I've been wanting styles like this for years. Really nice work and this style will enhance more songs than you can imagine.

Thanks for your creativity and effort. Send more soon, my friend.

----Dave Rice (Songwriter - ASCAP)
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Hi Brian:

I'm assuming Genos Styles cannot be used on earlier PSR Keyboards like the PSR-S910 but I've been wanting styles like this for years. Really nice work and this style will enhance more songs than you can imagine.

Thanks for your creativity and effort. Send more soon, my friend.

----Dave Rice (Songwriter - ASCAP)

You can, but that would require some to a lot of edditing..
Espescially if the Genos style uses revo drums or other high end genos sounds..

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 05:59 AM

Hi Bachus:

Thanks for "chiming-in." Since I never perform, my arranger is used for creating demos of the original songs I write. I don't hesitate to modify the style significantly to suit my purposes. If the drums don't sound right, I will change or eliminate them.

Some of the newer sounding guitars in the later models of Yamaha KBs sound more "Rock" oriented than country. If they cannot be "toned down" or changed to something appropriate, I switch them "off" and use another slot for a better sounding country guitar, etc.

I record the vocal and melody with each instrument adjusted to the sound volume needed... then record the song as many times as needed until I get what I'm looking for. I know this would be totally impossible to do on-stage... but my arranger "needs" are not the same as 90% of the participants here.

Your point is well taken and I'm optimistic with the answer you provided. Can't wait to get my hands on one of Brian's styles so I can see what works (and doesn't) on my PSR-S910.

Regards, ----Dave Rice
Posted by: 124

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 07:39 AM

Originally Posted By Brian3331
Originally Posted By 124

Hey man I used 3 of the variations I’ll hopefully be putting more stuff on YouTube I’ll let you hear breaks then 😃
Originally Posted By Brian3331
[quote=124]Yeah, would've liked to hear breaks and variations, though.

Cheers, Brian, look forward to hearing more.:)
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 08:25 AM

Some of the newer sounding guitars in the later models of Yamaha KBs sound more "Rock" oriented than country.
Regards, ----Dave Rice

To me, in today's 'country' music, the guitars ARE more "Rock" oriented ... I often find country songs sounding more like rock songs ...

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 12:05 PM

Hi Tony:

The "Country" "songs" coming out of Nashville these days have almost completely abandoned the Traditional Country Genre sounds.
Some of it even sounds like an imitation of Rap. To my surprise, last night I was surfing through the channels and zeroed in on the Country Music Awards... and nearly fell out of my chair when I heard what sounded like Traditional Country coming from a nine-piece band (including female vocalist and female backup singer) on what I suspect may be a new song... judging by the lyrics. I did not have time to watch the rest of the awards show, and from the reviews, I'm glad I didn't.

Not all the songs I write are "Country Genre" but I have really needed styles and multi-pads with that flat-top, lap-steel and dobro sound... and I hope Yamaha will jump on the bandwagon and begin to provide them soon. (If not them, maybe Korg or Roland will pick up the gauntlet and join the fight for better sounding styles.)

Thanks to our Irish friend, Brian... I'm optimistic.

All the best, ----Dave Rice

http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 12:44 PM

Many of todays country pop songs are starting to sound all the same with that duet double vocal harmony and rock orientated sound......
I agree to bring back the traditional country sound of years ago...

Re: Country style I’ve been working on for genos - 11/09/17 02:00 PM

Hi Tony:

The "Country" "songs" coming out of Nashville these days have almost completely abandoned the Traditional Country Genre sounds.
Some of it even sounds like an imitation of Rap. To my surprise, last night I was surfing through the channels and zeroed in on the Country Music Awards... and nearly fell out of my chair when I heard what sounded like Traditional Country coming from a nine-piece band (including female vocalist and female backup singer) on what I suspect may be a new song... judging by the lyrics. I did not have time to watch the rest of the awards show, and from the reviews, I'm glad I didn't.

Not all the songs I write are "Country Genre" but I have really needed styles and multi-pads with that flat-top, lap-steel and dobro sound... and I hope Yamaha will jump on the bandwagon and begin to provide them soon. (If not them, maybe Korg or Roland will pick up the gauntlet and join the fight for better sounding styles.)

Thanks to our Irish friend, Brian... I'm optimistic.

All the best, ----Dave Rice

http://www.ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

Thank y’all for the nice comments if any of you have the genos I’ll be happy to forward you on the styles I created