SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#438216 - 10/01/17 04:27 PM YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-)
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
See here from PSR forum :):):)

See here

Song book for Donny wink

Eric

Edited by Eric, B (10/01/17 04:28 PM)

#438218 - 10/01/17 04:43 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Eric,

Thanks for the link. Just to play the devi’s Advocate here I think that Songbook plus is an app for the iPad that must interface so that it somehow changes lead sheets with registrations? I have tried Songbook Plus for the iPad but preferred unReal book. Just a guess I could be wrong.

#438219 - 10/01/17 04:44 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Dnj Offline

Kool story thanx

#438221 - 10/01/17 04:46 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Stephenm52]
Eric, B Offline

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the correction.
I don't own an Ipad and wasn't aware of that app. wink
Still sounds like a great KB smile
New Drums .... Yeah! grin
Eric

Edited by Eric, B (10/01/17 04:47 PM)

#438223 - 10/01/17 05:08 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

Can anyone please post the article here? I cannot seem to log onto PSRTutorial.

Thanks! Very much appreciated. smile

#438224 - 10/01/17 05:10 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Hi Stephen,
Eric

Eric, I’m not in the market to buy one, but it would sure be a great addition if they change the current MFD so that it works like Songbook in Korg, even better if you could save the registrations in the MFD file. With all the hype I know we all are anxious to hear this “beast.”

#438227 - 10/01/17 05:51 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Mikem]
Eric, B Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem

Can anyone please post the article here? I cannot seem to log onto PSRTutorial.

Thanks! Very much appreciated. smile

There are some pictures with the article that I am not posting.
There you go:

My Genos Story

Monday 18th september 290 dealers where invited to the world premiere of Genos to Berlin

From the first moment (check in at the hotel) we we knew that it´s top secret insured to yamaha by a NRD ... so nothing to tell before official release...
A week earlier (on 13.september) a leak with a picture was released ... so yamaha tried to stop the spreading ... I went in yamaha europe office and it was hard for yamaha calling youtube, Facebook, Yamaha Japan ... crazy thing to see how fast it was around the world.

Because of the leaks and (wrong!) rumours yamaha changed the release date from 16.october to 2.october ... to start with the real FACTS.

Back to berlin... we went to a cool room next to brandenburger tor and american ambassador, and walked the red carpet ...
Inside there was a late night show design on stage with Chris Brow http://www.chrisbrow.de
I choose the first row for a good view :-)

The late night show began with a cool Band playing on stage, good sound and everybody enjoyed ..... but....

One after he other musicians left the stage ... music still playing ... and behind a white wall a smiling Martin -harris was playing .... alone on the GENOS ...

What a show! Everything was out of the GENOS!!!

So the guests joined the late night show ...

a cool EDM girl from berlin, Alex Christensen (from the teaser Videos) with a female singer, Sid Richter from Superstar , Arnaud Delauney the coool french player, a jazz musician from netherland arranging and recording a song live in stage,
a english movie composer, and also Beatrice Egli a swiss "Schlager" sings with Joachim Wolf on the Genos.

Every guest played on GENOS in a different style!

After the show the genos "left the building" :-) and we took the way through berlin night to the hotel.
Next day we had the chance to play the genos in the hotel room of Manni Pichler and Roman Sterzik .. First TIME on Genos *gg* and a lot of questions to them.

So i listen to the new speakers (it was TIME for new speakers after 16 years! with new magnet - heavier and better sound )-- BUT for most users monitors like Yamaha HS will be the better solution i think.

My subjectiv important features on GENOS.

- perfect touch display - also usable with a thick thumb :-) cool and you see a lot!!! all fx on r 1 2 3 in one view editable...
- 28 free assignable switchs/rotaries/faders/panels
- professional knobs (no laquered plastic loosing silver in time...!)
- cool thing with the 3.rd USB Stick inside for fast backup and no more hd! yeah
- big user memory with 58 gb (NO cheap ssd only!)
- 256 voices
- drums (-26 layers)
- drums (round robin dynamic)
- drums (editable!)
- drums -- sound like it should!
- new playlist function
- songbook+ ready
- Mp3 with lyric
- screen out in high quality with USB adaptors
- new strings
- new styles
- cool new fx (like distortion for leslie)
- 76 keys and only 9cm more than T5-61
- Stick instead wheels with stick hold, so more usabilty for "snips"
- 48V Phantom
- 6 Outs and not loosing 2 for original speakers like on T5

AND finaly the most important thing

SOUND
SOUND
SOUND

So please try to play and listen GENOS with your ears!!!!!

And what about T5 Users and here content --- > put it in Genos --> DONE! Yamaha T5 Premiums will be converted to Genos!

New YEM update next weeks!

So hopefully yamaha put the audio demos in the web NOW www.yamaha.com/genos

greetings from Pforzheim/germany
frank steinbrecher
and his 145 keyboardscouts helping in europe

PS: All "new" unofficial pics in the web are from the hotel rooms :-) the pics in the big room from bremen

#438228 - 10/01/17 06:19 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

Thank you so much, Eric! I can't wait to hear it tomorrow, and try it in a store later this year! smile smile smile

#438231 - 10/01/17 07:23 PM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Eric, B Offline

Should be up and running within the hour.
It is already Monday in Europe. ... wink
Eric

#438251 - 10/02/17 03:35 AM Re: YAMAHA Genos Berlin show - the real story :-) [Re: Eric, B]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Hi Stephen,
Eric

Eric my apology I was off base looks like you interpreted it right. From the video I just watched looks like they have a "Playlist" feature that will incorporate registrations as well as styles. Finally! Look like they took a play from the Korg playbook.

"The Yamaha Genos Playlist feature used to add a new Registration Bank to a Playlist and quickly change its position within the list ready for instant recall during a performance."
Visit www.yamaha.com/genos to learn more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online