SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 35 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437446 - 09/13/17 04:45 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Will be interesting to see if they have adopted the "Pure Analog Circuit" from the Montage with the GENOS as this is one of the aspect of montage that has impressed me from Yamaha.....

Quote: "MONTAGE features professional balanced outputs with “Pure Analog Circuit” (PAC). PAC improves the quality of signal after being converted to analog from digital for clear harmonic reproduction and even frequency response. The result is an output capable of reproducing MONTAGE’s internal content expressively with power and clarity"

source https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php

Edited by Dnj (09/13/17 04:55 PM)

#437447 - 09/13/17 04:47 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Good one Donny. That would really blow the minds of the die hard Yamaha owners.

Deane

#437448 - 09/13/17 04:58 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By hammer
Good one Donny. That would really blow the minds of the die hard Yamaha owners.

Deane

I'll bet they are working on GENOS 2 already also.. wink

#437449 - 09/13/17 05:08 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I still contend that if the sound quality of the Genos is dramatically improved over previous arrangers, then, a player will need a speaker system of similar quality, or better, in order to enjoy the benefits of such improved sound. I don’t think an average, run-of-the-mill PA will do it justice.

#437450 - 09/13/17 05:18 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Because the players and lovers of Tyros, whilst they will always buy the next thing, won't cut it in the end for the expansion and development required to increase Yamaha's marketplace.

I have always bought the latest and greatest thing, but honestly I will struggle to continue the practice. I'm in the demographic that has purchased Tyros. So I'm waiting on price, and I'm sure others will be as well. So where are the new purchasers? They are there but disposable income falls much shorter than my demographic. Makes sense to me. Lower the price sell many more, and open up online markets for add ons etc.

Hope I've explained it well enough for you DJ

Rob

#437451 - 09/13/17 05:27 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Hey the new iPhone 10 is $1000.00!!! Lol

Geno is gonna cost ya big time too..

#437452 - 09/13/17 05:30 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
mweuch Offline

When will Yamaha shows off the GENOS to the public? This Friday?

#437456 - 09/13/17 10:19 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
cool2

Thanks for sharing this picture!

This absolutely is the real Genos, no doubt about it. It is 100% consistent with the first teaser. The sliders in the teaser are on the left of the display, just as this picture. It only seems to be on the right in the teaser, but that's because the hands make it look like this.

This picture is promotion material. It's a perfect cut of two pictures: left in the home studio, right the live stage. Aimed at young(er) customers.

As others have noted too, this design does NOT allow for a 61 key version. This is odd, and will stir up quite some controversy, but it is consistent with a rumour of a month ago, that said there would only be a 76 key version. I believe at this point that the electronic boards are too big to fit in a 61 key version housing. In three to four years from now, the Genos 2 will come again in both 61 and 76 key versions, because Yamaha will use the years to shrink the boards. The 61 key version at several dealer sites are just assumptions on their part.

The pitch bend and modulation wheels have disappeared and have been replaced by a joystick, combining the two wheels. This potentially could also offer a movement to the front of the instrument, not just towards the back. Looks like the Korg joystick.

Above the pitch bend/modulation joystick are three buttons, possibly super articulation buttons.

The blue/red square buttons have black sides, just as the buttons on the Montage have. The groups of lights are recessed, like they lay in an undeep basin. Keeps the radiant light a bit contained and looks more professional.

The six turnable knobs have a marking on top, so they are regular buttons, not encoders.

Above these six knobs is a display showing the values of the nine sliders. They don't show a graphical bar or something, just the numbers.

There seem to be two song/audio players with a slider between them. They share the same buttons.

The tempo and transpose buttons are directly above the style variation buttons.

Some things I don't understand yet because the pictures resolution is not high enough to see it clearly:
- Where are the ocatve up and down buttons?
- What does the display show?
- What is that group of six white buttons to the right of the data entry wheel?
- How do you select sounds and styles?
- Why is the style control buttons group pushed so far to the left? It's farther to the left than the Tyros 5. There's no need for that, since the panel has room to shift the style controls to the right...

The octave up/down buttons surely are hidden somewhere, either hard or soft..
The displays shows the vallues of the sliders and knobs
The six white buttons are probably for selecting operating modes... styleplay, songplay, etc etc
You select styles and sounds trough the touchscreen...
there is orher buttons in that place, you just cant see them in the shady picture... probably some bew controlls for the new style for,at..

I answered your questions... i guess i will have atleast 4/5 right.... juts a matter of thinking and combining what you allready know... i guess you could have amswered atleast 3/5 yourself..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437457 - 09/13/17 11:16 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Is it just me or do those keys look "longer" than the previous keys used in the Tyros and Motif Line? They look more like G70 keys :-) "fingers crossed".

Any news on whether it is a metal case or the usual plastic that is used on the Tyros line?

... The Tyros 4 and 5 didnt do much for me but im getting very excited about this one.

I have a Motif XS, G70 and a PSR S970. If this Genos can replace all 3 I will be very happy :-)

#437458 - 09/14/17 02:19 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

All the time traveling in a bus on vacation gave me some time to think...

Despite the whole list of possible new features, there is nothing i cant do yet with my Kronos/Pa4x/Mac setup...

Yamaha really needs some incredible new features not mentioned yet, to make me shelve €2000 euro on top of my Pa4x... and thats not going to happen... yet despite that reasuring fact, i think its still exciting to see what Yamaha will have to offer.. but it might be just like with the Montage that only the outside design is innovative.. but the inside stays behind... only time will tell

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 9 of 35 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online