SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437332 - 09/11/17 09:22 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Tyrosman5]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Tyrosman5
I'm all for touchscreens because I believe they are easier to use.

I try and avoid touchscreens as much as possible. I don't even use it on my laptop and I cringe when I have to program my GPS without a pencil tip. Over the years (if you're still young) I think there's a good possibility that you'll do some kind of damage from the constant pressure on the same spot on your finger. It might not happen, but I don't take those kind of chances myself.

#437333 - 09/11/17 09:32 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Tyrosman5

My generation enjoyed beautiful arrangements with wonderful introductions. That will never get lost. Lloyd

Some of the intro's are definately breath taking..

Thats why i mist of the time try to play the intro on the 88 keyboard, it gives me a lot of pleasure when i can get the intro's only half decent...

Bachus...that remark was genius. Nothing frustrates me more than to hear someone post a demo or watch an amateur Youtube player hit the intro button, produce this lavish intro, and then he comes in with something nowhere near the grandeur of what the intro sounded like. You got the right idea. It should be one smooth line from the start of the intro to the end of the ending...ALL played by the player and not the machine.

#437335 - 09/11/17 09:41 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: shueymusic]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By shueymusic
Well... there it is... and they call it "a new world of digital workstation." Not an arranger/workstation.... finally a replacement to the Motif?!? The marriage of Motif and Tyros?!? They changed the description of the Montage to Music Synthesizer... and stayed away from the workstation description.

Now... time to start selling off the dead weight. I've got 6-7 keyboards to sell. Thin the herd!!

But this time, I'm waiting for the demos and specs!! And according to the one video, there will be a case/bag and a dust cover.

By Christmas, barring any omissions I need in a workstation, I should see a box under the tree!!!

The new Genos, is a Arranger but not a tipycal Arranger....
It's a new generation Arranger/Workstation....
We wait it....

#437339 - 09/12/17 02:32 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
and the Official site of the Genos >>

https://www.yamaha.com/genos/

Impuls cool

#437340 - 09/12/17 04:13 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: shueymusic]
Bachus Offline

Well... there it is... and they call it "a new world of digital workstation." Not an arranger/workstation.... finally a replacement to the Motif?!? The marriage of Motif and Tyros?!? They changed the description of the Montage to Music Synthesizer... and stayed away from the workstation description.

Now... time to start selling off the dead weight. I've got 6-7 keyboards to sell. Thin the herd!!

But this time, I'm waiting for the demos and specs!! And according to the one video, there will be a case/bag and a dust cover.

By Christmas, barring any omissions I need in a workstation, I should see a box under the tree!!!

Its what i said for quite some time now..

The Genos will inherit what yamaha dropped with the Motif to Montage upgrade... and then some more of what made it to the Montage...

It will be much more workstation and powerhouse then the Tyros... but still every bit as much an arranger as the tyros5

I hope Yamaha remembers a real workstation should also come in an 88 key version...

Edited by Bachus (09/12/17 04:14 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437343 - 09/12/17 05:00 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
It would be nice to have a line of Yamaha Genos... 61/76/88... all with a slim lined body form.

We will soon witness the marriage of Workstation and Arranger. The workstation had the sounds, effects, and sequencing. An arranger had top notch sounds, preset effects, and styles. I remember using my Tyros 2 in a pit orchestra for Les Misrables. I used user sound banks for my changes. I used a total of 16 sounds and it worked like a charm. At the time, it worked better than my Motif ES. Then later, I played keys in The Rocky Horror Show and the Motif ES was better for that gig. I've done 9 productions and used the same sound set each time.

I want to give my money to Yamaha... I want the Genos to be what I am missing. BUT they need to cover all the bases to make me jump from my Korg Pa4X!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#437347 - 09/12/17 06:06 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: shueymusic]
Bachus Offline

It would be nice to have a line of Yamaha Genos... 61/76/88... all with a slim lined body form.

We will soon witness the marriage of Workstation and Arranger. The workstation had the sounds, effects, and sequencing. An arranger had top notch sounds, preset effects, and styles. I remember using my Tyros 2 in a pit orchestra for Les Misrables. I used user sound banks for my changes. I used a total of 16 sounds and it worked like a charm. At the time, it worked better than my Motif ES. Then later, I played keys in The Rocky Horror Show and the Motif ES was better for that gig. I've done 9 productions and used the same sound set each time.

I want to give my money to Yamaha... I want the Genos to be what I am missing. BUT they need to cover all the bases to make me jump from my Korg Pa4X!!

Hard to tell, the pa4x is an incredible machine...and combined with the Kronos and my Mac, it really doesnt allow for much to wish for... except an all in one package with 88 keys..

I dont think i will jump the Yamaha bandwagon, unless they did revolutionise the styles and multipads section..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437349 - 09/12/17 06:23 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland
Hmm. What's this about a Genos.

Wolf is intredasted again.

Btw. does anyone know if Scott Yee is still alive? Ain't heard of him for years anymore.

#437351 - 09/12/17 07:02 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: TheWolf]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By TheWolf
Btw. does anyone know if Scott Yee is still alive? Ain't heard of him for years anymore.

Looooong time since seen any post from Scott.
His website: http://scottyee.com/
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#437352 - 09/12/17 08:30 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: TheWolf]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By TheWolf
Hmm. What's this about a Genos.

Wolf is intredasted again.

I used to keep in touch with Scott especially after the T5 was released and we both bought one. Haven't heard from him in a couple of years now. Both Ian and tyrosman5 used to keep in touch with him too, but as far as I know neither of them have heard from him.

Page 5 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online