Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437269 - 09/10/17 06:28 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5 Offline

it's been removed, Bummer ! Lloyd

#437271 - 09/10/17 08:17 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Unless Yamaha puts editing capabilities as good as Korg has which I really doubt, than it doesn't matter how they paint it what they call. It's still going to be the same old dumb down amateur keyboard.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#437273 - 09/10/17 10:07 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Robbo]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Robbo
Interesting that all have been removed from tube etc. did dealers break the nda or was it Yamaha? I have the korg pa4x and I'm very happy with it. But recently I added a Montage to the output, and boy what a game changer that is.

If Genos goes the same way,gonna be pretty exciting. But they will deff need to address polifany to More than usual and make a reasonable reduction in price to attract new and current buyers.

Don't know why the vids have been removed, really they show very little, but the sound I must say if it was Genos was great.

Yamaha did exactly the same with the T5 launch. (Posted some snippets pre-launch and then removed them)

Bill

#437274 - 09/10/17 10:07 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: mirza]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By mirza
Unless Yamaha puts editing capabilities as good as Korg has which I really doubt, than it doesn't matter how they paint it what they call. It's still going to be the same old dumb down amateur keyboard.

Arrangers have always been designed for the Home Hobby Player, not professional players, hence there are only a miniscule number of professional arranger players.

Bill

#437275 - 09/10/17 10:16 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: abacus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Originally Posted By abacus
Just remember that most manufacture online demos are made using pro equipment to record it, along with an experienced engineer & player, which is why a lot of users gets disappointed when they get it home and cannot get it to sound anything like the demo.
The golden rule is always to try before you buy, and never pre-order unless you can cancel the order if it doesn’t meet expectations. (Also look for deals on EBay after launch as user’s dispose of them after not following the above advice)
Bill

I learned my lesson! When the Montage was released, I sold my Yamaha Motif XF6. I wanted to sell and then upgrade. I didn't want it to loose too much value. They said it was a replacement for the Motif... but they took things away that I depended on.

I have a feeling the Genos might do the same thing to Tyros users. I have hope that they started from the ground up and created a new way of doing things! I just want sequencer (pattern and linear with effects routed for you)… An audio player and recorder (set list option to play back MP3 and WAV files)… And overall fantastic sounds!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#437277 - 09/10/17 11:25 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5 Offline

I sure hope that the new Yamaha board will be able to run past
presets and sounds as it has done in the past. I do not want to
have to go to a whole new OS as I am 88 yrs old. New sound are
exciting to me but a new OS is not. Lloyd

#437278 - 09/10/17 11:29 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5 Offline

I want to add a comment to my above message and that is this.
Arranger keyboards were meant to be easier to play and to enjoy.
Take that away and the bulk of older people who buy and can
afford these boards will go bye bye. Lloyd

#437279 - 09/10/17 11:32 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Johnathan (Shueymusic), just curious. Why did you get rid of your VP770 (you and your wife being singers and all)?. I love mine (and the VP550 before it - which I still have) and use it on top of my organ as a controller for the BK7m. It has so many features ie. Audio Key, etc. not found on other boards....plus a few nice Supernatural sounds. What do you use to replace it's functions? Just curious.

chas

Edited by cgiles (09/10/17 11:33 AM)

#437281 - 09/10/17 01:30 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: cgiles]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Johnathan (Shueymusic), just curious. Why did you get rid of your VP770 (you and your wife being singers and all)?. I love mine (and the VP550 before it - which I still have) and use it on top of my organ as a controller for the BK7m. It has so many features ie. Audio Key, etc. not found on other boards....plus a few nice Supernatural sounds. What do you use to replace it's functions? Just curious.

chas

I always had a vocoder since the Digitech VHM5 back in 1992. The VP550 rocked! The VP770 was even better. I used the Vocoder and the string sound that really sounded great. Carrying two keyboards to the gig was a bit too much. So, I got the VP7. I also have the TC Helicon on the Pa4X. An opportunity came up to sell the 770 for $1400... I took it! The VP7 gives me mostly everything I liked about the VP-770.

Now, will Genos have any kind of vocal processing/Vocoder/harmonizer?!?
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#437285 - 09/10/17 02:54 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks. Sounds reasonable (and practical).

chas

Page 3 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online