Hello all,
Tried to ask this through another posting but I think I stumbled around my words:

I walked through Alec's tutorial and most of it makes sense in terms of mixing sequences and real audio files, but I'm confused as to how you get there!!!

I have sequenced songs saved as technics files. Now I would like to add backing vocal tracks to it (real audio) but I do not want to convert the entire sequenced file to a real audio (MP3) because of storage space; only the vocals. My confusion is with timing ...how can you record live vocals or live guitar through the KN7000, with the sequenced file playing along for timing, and only record the vocals?

The only way I think it could be done in my situation is to convert the sequenced file to midi, load it on a PC to a sequencer program like cake walk, play the sequenced song on the PC while recording real audio vocals (in real time with the sequenced file), saving only the audio parts as wav file, and go through juke box to put on the SD card and sync with the original sequencer on the KN 7000...

When I first heard about recoding live vocals and instruments along with the KN7000 I thought there would be a way to record MULTIPLE audio tracks to the sequenced file without making the whole file an MP3 right off the bat with the first recording??..I also thought there would be a way to just record a 5 measure vocal part (real audio) and assign it to play at measure 45 to 49 as an example...Any assistance or advise would be appreciated...Thanks!!