Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#436095 - 08/16/17 01:49 PM Re: Need some help [Re: Fran Carango]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Fran....

Very well said.

A member is asking for help with some digital readers, and members are giving constructive advice on their setups, and of course the topic goes south with discussions about memorizing and "not for me".

PS: I seem to recall a recent post of a song played "from memory" with the wrong chords, and was immediately taken down when a member pointed out the chords were wrong.

Regards

JerryGHR

Edited by Jerryghr (08/16/17 01:59 PM)

#436096 - 08/16/17 02:14 PM Re: Need some help [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Jerry I have also heard many players play the wrong chords even with the charts, no one is perfect chart or not,...and as for playing songs in the correct keys? if your a singer you play what key you need to sing in period,....if you wanna stick you face glued in a book while in front of people to me it looks wrong for a solo player in so many ways, and if you don't think so video yourself and look back at it,....if in a band and your in the background that's ok but not as an up front vocalist,...IMO
eye to eye contact is imperative when singing or playing performing etc,...but hey what do I know?
well I guess the experts here know better so be it.....
right now I have an Ice Cold Michelob and a shot of Jack to attend to have a nice evening everyone.

#436102 - 08/16/17 03:54 PM Re: Need some help [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don't be confused smile

The original key does not mean the "correct key"..

Original keys are the key the writer determined best for his score.. and it usually does sound the best..

The correct key is the one that accompany your voice the best..
It may not be the best key musically for the song...

I do think it is detrimental to maintain our skills...using the transpose button to play all songs in "C"... It will make you lazy...
Transpose feature is great....mostly to transpose a half step or two.. or to make vocals a bit easier..

More than that... what you play on the keys and what you hear are so unnatural ....and if you have perfect pitch, or even relative pitch...it can drive you crazy..

Just an expert's opinion. wink

#436105 - 08/16/17 04:15 PM Re: Need some help [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran I'm sure the little old lady in the wheelchair at the NH will be much grateful that your playing the song in the original key for sure thanx for that tip. grin

#436108 - 08/16/17 04:23 PM Re: Need some help [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Fran I'm sure the little old lady in the wheelchair at the NH will be much grateful that your playing the song in the original key for sure thanx for that tip. grin

But I know and appreciate the difference...especially when I play for myself... smile

I don't play for the money or ego...just self satisfaction wink

Ron.... DonM and Gary gave you good suggestions , also Bachus with the tablet approach..

BTW: Donny that little old lady may be an accomplished piano player....and knows that "To each his own" is in the key of Eb and not "C"... shocked

Edited by Fran Carango (08/16/17 04:27 PM)

#436109 - 08/16/17 04:30 PM Re: Need some help [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

I understand what your saying Fran,.....although I don't always agree but that's ok...
after reading all of the above that must certainly be the reason no one likes to post songs on here that much?

#436113 - 08/16/17 05:21 PM Re: Need some help [Re: musicforyourday]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
OK, now let's get back to Ron's original post looking for help in suggestions for a digital music reader and charts.

Regards,

Jerryghr

#436114 - 08/16/17 05:31 PM Re: Need some help [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

#436115 - 08/16/17 07:25 PM Re: Need some help [Re: musicforyourday]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I deleted my post as it wasn't really relative. smile

Edited by DonM (08/16/17 08:21 PM)

#436116 - 08/16/17 07:32 PM Re: Need some help [Re: Jerryghr]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Here is a thread I posted awhile back. The price has a typo. It is $127.

Several members followed the advise and are quite pleased with the Tablet and program.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...ader#Post429258

Regards,

Jerryghr

Based on Jerry's post I purchase one of these and am very happy with it, also talked TonyMads into using one and going digital. For $227 you can't go wrong especially because it's a piece of cake to sync Korg's Songbook to the Mobile Sheets Pro app. I know if you're playing piano it's a moot point about syncing to the keyboard. Nevertheless it's a winner and I will add I'm an iPad fan but this unit does the job very well for money that amounts to chump change.

Edited by Stephenm52 (08/16/17 07:34 PM)
Edit Reason: add a comment

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online