SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#434947 - 07/24/17 04:52 AM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Mark, I don't know what your background is but mine includes Boy Scouts, military, college fraternities, bands, etc. In every male-dominated group I've ever been involved in, there was always a healthy dose of friendly 'teasing'. Not mean or malicious, just a form of humor-based male bonding. I mean, who gets bent out of shape over some inanimate object or what instrument you play, or what kind of car you drive, or even what kind of music you prefer. SOMEtimes, you just have to let a joke be a joke. In the words of John C., "A little humor around here is not a bad thing; if fact I often feel it’s needed".

chas

#434948 - 07/24/17 04:57 AM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Quote:
BTW, how do you actually spell Donny....Donnie.....Donnee....Dahny?

Mark my nick name is spelled DONNY (M gender) Short for Domenico

thanx

Edited by Dnj (07/24/17 05:53 AM)

#434962 - 07/24/17 07:51 AM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I think it is interesting how the accordion actually put me on my paths of life ...
Initially, it helped me make many new friends with the other students at the music school, and then led to competitions, both as a student and teacher/conductor, and concerts - including Carnegie Hall. Those experiences taught me valuable lessons about winning and losing, and mostly about working with others.
It enabled me to meet other musicians with whom I would form a band that lasted 26 years and friendships that have lasted forever.
I met my wife-to-be at the music school, and we will celebrate our 54th anniversary in November.
My then father-in-law to be, wondering how this 22 year old was going to support his daughter by teaching accordion by day and going to college at night, introduced me to a friend of his who was a supervisor for IBM. The friend got me into IBM school which led to a job on Wall Street and ultimately to a long, and might I say, successful career centered around computer systems.

People can joke about accordion players and it doesn't bother me, for is there ANY instrument that doesn't have some humor aimed at it?

Just don't go making jokes about old, fat, bald, Italian, accordion players ... because I RESEMBLE that remark !!!
laugh2

#434964 - 07/24/17 07:56 AM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I think it is interesting how the accordion actually put me on my paths of life ...
Initially, it helped me make many new friends with the other students at the music school, and then led to competitions, both as a student and teacher/conductor, and concerts - including Carnegie Hall. Those experiences taught me valuable lessons about winning and losing, and mostly about working with others.
It enabled me to meet other musicians with whom I would form a band that lasted 26 years and friendships that have lasted forever.
I met my wife-to-be at the music school, and we will celebrate our 54th anniversary in November.
My then father-in-law to be, wondering how this 22 year old was going to support his daughter by teaching accordion by day and going to college at night, introduced me to a friend of his who was a supervisor for IBM. The friend got me into IBM school which led to a job on Wall Street and ultimately to a long, and might I say, successful career centered around computer systems.

People can joke about accordion players and it doesn't bother me, for is there ANY instrument that doesn't have some humor aimed at it?

Just don't go making jokes about old, fat, bald, Italian, accordion players ... because I RESEMBLE that remark !!!
laugh2

Well said Tony... clap

#434973 - 07/24/17 12:23 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Which is why I like Tony; he knows how to keep things in perspective (like when a joke is just a joke). I've never known a dumb person with a sense of humor or an intelligent person without one. Of course, I don't know if this is true, it's just my personal observation. What's important, of course, is to actually understand the situation you're responding to.

chas

#434989 - 07/24/17 04:32 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Quote:
BTW, how do you actually spell Donny....Donnie.....Donnee....Dahny?

Mark my nick name is spelled DONNY (M gender) Short for Domenico

.....which is Italian for 'First Responder'.

smile

chas

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online