Loc: Buffalo, NY
rotfl

Jerryghr

Attachments
cows.jpg

#434930 - 07/23/17 05:26 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: Jerryghr]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
And so the man was sentenced to three months in solitary confinement for terrible crime that he had committed, and to make punishment more severe they put an accordion player in with him.

John C.

#434931 - 07/23/17 05:40 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Accordion is one of the only solo instruments that you can play chords and melody at the same time..and sing.....besides piano how many more can you name that can do the same.

#434932 - 07/23/17 07:14 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, it's a JOKE. A JOKE. Tony knows it's just friendly teasing.....maybe, once in awhile you should just leave things alone. You really don't have to insert yourself into EVERY post. I'm a fun guy and I really hate it when someone takes something that's just lighthearted fun and turn it into something else. No hard feelings man, but jeez.

chas

#434933 - 07/23/17 07:33 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Chas accordion is something dear to my heart and the reason I became a musician at 6 years old,.......and will always be grateful for that....

#434935 - 07/23/17 08:05 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#434936 - 07/23/17 08:37 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Accordion is one of the only solo instruments that you can play chords and melody at the same time..and sing.....besides piano how many more can you name that can do the same.

Donny....you forgot to mention the accordion is known as the hardest instrument of all to learn how to play. You have to master and coordinate the right hand, the bellows (that pumps the air), and the left hand buttons that are smaller than your fingertips.

It ain't easy!

#434937 - 07/23/17 08:38 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: bruno123]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
My accordion lessons really paid off when I was a kid. Everyone paid me not to play it. smile

Attachments
harp_n_accordion.jpg

Edited by Jerryghr (07/23/17 08:51 PM)

#434938 - 07/23/17 08:49 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
Donny, it's a JOKE. A JOKE. I'm a fun guy and I really hate it when someone takes something that's just lighthearted fun and turn it into something else.

chas

Chas,

I say this only so you understand why accordion players are sensitive about accordion jokes.

Even though the tone is like velvet and you can do things with that instrument you can't do with anything else, no matter how you slice the pie, you look like you're wearing an electric lawn mower. We already know it's got an old-fashioned image so those of us who play one feel dated every time we put it on. Accordion jokes kind of "rub salt into the womb."

It's not a lot different than telling bald jokes to a group of.........bald men! Tolerated but not appreciated.

Someone got offended when I mentioned the word God......I get offended when I hear remarks about an instrument, like Donnie, I also grew up on.

Hope you understand Donny's response now. BTW, how do you actually spell Donny....Donnie.....Donnee....Dahny?

#434941 - 07/23/17 11:45 PM Re: Yo Tony Mads [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My thoughts about accordion.

When I had my music school I sold hundreds of accordions; for a while I took accordion lessons.

My closest friend played the accordion. I lived with the sound and I loved the sound of the accordion. I hated when the new generation turned away from the accordion; and the many that followed. My friend and I worked together to set up his accordion as a midi controller – it is one of the best midi controllers sending out three different instruments.

When I first heard the accordion play the vibraphone sound I was amazed. Right hand played the upper tones -- the chords played the mid registration and the bass played bass sounds. Never sounded better.

In the days when everyone was trying to play rock I heard an accordion player in an up-scale county club playing rock and roll. He used a sound module connected to his accordion with a midi wire. His sound was better than my keyboard. French music, waltzes, and so much more must have the sound of an accordion. I still use the accordion on my keyboard. I loved when he mixed his accordion sound and the sound module.

My wealthy friend had four of the very best accordions; I have pictures of him sitting on his bed playing his smaller accordion. He told some of the best accordion jokes I have heard – and we laughed.

No, the accordion does not need to be defended, nothing can replace it.

A little humor around here is not a bad thing; if fact I often feel it’s needed. (Even if it’s Donny’s humor --- aaaaah)

Life is fun, John C.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online