SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#433618 - 06/30/17 10:04 AM Re: Please Answer me this simple question??? [Re: Dnj]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I'm anxious to see just what the new generation of auto arranger keyboards has to offer. If the Yamaha "Genos" model materializes, what could they offer in improvements over the current generation? It would have to have some spectacular innovations to get people to upgrade from what they are currently already using. The current technology is dazzling as it is. What could they possibly add that would make a 6K expenditure justifiable?

#433619 - 06/30/17 10:04 AM Re: Please Answer me this simple question??? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I agree that Frank is great. However we have different opinions on which is the superior keyboard.
As far as service, Yamaha is very good, but I've been satisfied with Korg service the time or two I needed it. Korg is active on the Korg forum, and they periodically give us free updates, styles, sounds, etc.
The current update is HUGE, almost like getting a new arranger in some areas.
I also much prefer the size, weight, touch screen, Songbook and live operating features to anything Yamaha has.
Different needs will dictate different preferences for sure!
There are no bad choices. That is, if you have enough money. I bet that new Yammy will be pushing $6,000.!
And I'll also bet people will be lining up to buy it. Not me. I'm happy as a rabbit in a turnip patch!

#433623 - 06/30/17 10:15 AM Re: Please Answer me this simple question??? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Its a typical US thing overhere in wirope the actuall difference you pay is a few hubdred euro

I have allways believed its because Yamaha USA has a large influence on the Motif and small influence on Tyros and dont want to sell Tyrosses

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online