SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#433640 - 06/30/17 12:20 PM PA 4X/JBL EON ONE + 200 folks and large courtyard
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I'm beginning to think there isn't a better combo(for me) than my 4X and Eon One.

I was asked to play for an outdoor picnic at a larger nursing care facility. The venue is a large courtyard and I was told there were at least 250 in attendance...residents and families as well as staff...just got back from the gig.

Played for about an hour and a half....90% instrumental. I was placed at the far end of the courtyard...so my sound had to carry the full length of the courtyard.

I was worried that my JBL wouldn't have enough horsepower to carry. I set everything at 3:00 and there was power to spare...I was very impressed. Several staff told me the sound carried to the far end very well.

The director of the facility came up to me afterwards to tell me he'd gotten tons of compliments(his words)on my music. Many in attendance walked up to tell me how much they enjoyed the music.

Only downside was that I was out in the open, under a partly cloudy sky(nice temp...very comfortable). And no matter how I placed the screen or how much I adjusted the brightness...no way could I read the screen but just tiny a bit...real bummer...I was guessing where I was at.

I could have brought a sun shelter...too much hassle and I rarely do outside gigs. I was betting we would be inside because storms were predicted.

Kudos to my 4X and Eon One....like they were made for each other.

grin

Edited by guitpic1 (06/30/17 12:28 PM)

#433643 - 06/30/17 12:41 PM Re: PA 4X/JBL EON ONE + 200 folks and large courtyard [Re: guitpic1]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I agree with Eon 1 comments. I haven't found a venue that it hasn't covered. Works from the tiniest space that the duo has had to perform in, large ballroom for dancers, and an outdoor gig at a golf course. The self contained setup has been a fantastic addition to the group. (and I was reluctant to get on the "line array" bandstand until I tried it for myself).

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with all the heavy speakers, cases, chords, and stands I used to cart around.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online