SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43142 - 10/11/05 09:01 PM Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone who owns a PSR 3000 or a Tyros please do me a favour and convert the style "Pro EuroTrance" in "Dance" Styles into technics format so i can play it on my KN6?

If its not a hassale, can i have Intro # 3 please.

I dont own a Tyros or a PSR3000 or even know anyone close by who has one, so if anyone can help i would gladly appreciate it

Cheers

#43143 - 10/11/05 09:56 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi Nick

Check you mail, maybe that one work out for you.
May need some tweaking, I don't have any KN6 to play or test it.

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#43144 - 10/11/05 10:05 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheers mate thanks for the speedy reply.

I am Currently Tweaking Pro Ibiza 2002 on my KN6, I guess once I have finished, if anyone wants a copy in Technics format ill gladly send it around.

#43145 - 10/12/05 04:25 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Nick,

Yes please, when you've finished 'tweaking' the converted Yamaha styles for the KN6500, I'd very much like to have a copy. I have the KN7 now and although I very happy with it and not likely to change it, I still prefer some of the sounds and styles of the KN5000 and KN6500. To me they seem to be of a more 'mature' nature if you understand what I'm trying to say.

My email address is:-

audrey.turner7@ntlworld.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Aud (U.K.)

#43146 - 10/12/05 07:58 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure no poblem at all.

Just to let you know in case, the style Pro Ibiza 2002 and Pro Euro Trance is from the Yamaha Tyros/Yamaha PSR3000.

Im a young player from the "modern" generation and my main interest in these keyboards are the dance/trance beats which Seems to be the biggest let down on the Technics keyboards. They dont seem very modern. the closest is the "EuroDance" on the KN6000-7000. this is a nice beat but i still prefer the dance beats that Yamaha have.

I love KN6000/6500 and will probably never change, its just dissapointing in the Modern dance department that Yamaha have the better patterns/styles.

#43147 - 10/13/05 01:31 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I love KN6000/6500 and will probably never change, its just dissapointing in the Modern dance department that Yamaha have the better patterns/styles.[/B][/QUOTE]

Nick, to stay with the KN6500, and to want contemp. styles means you must learn more about your keyboard. (Sequencing -- Composer -- )
It is possible to make a style out a sequenced song that you feel is just what you want/like sound like.

I have a friend who has downloaded FREE midi files, add his talents and the results are awesome, especially his latins.

The KN6500 is capable of doing what you wish it to do if you have the knowledge. -------- And, this forum has many people who would be glad to help.
John C.

#43148 - 10/13/05 06:03 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do use the composer quite a bit to produce my own patterns, but still, there is always a sound or something that i want to get, but cant figure out what sound combo or editing combo i need in order to do it.

I have experemented a fair bit and I could say I know the Kn6 inside out. I still prefer to use cakewalk sonar over the built in song sequencer anyday.

I have just recently aqquired a few modern dance Styles from the Yamah Tyros in Technics format thanks to some members of the forum and it has made me much more content with the KN6. I couldnt imagine having the need to get a better keyboard. I have played on various other keyboards and I really feel the KN6 is underated.

#43149 - 10/14/05 02:05 AM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Nick,
My opinion;
The yamaha has a sound of a club band, a little muddy and and heavy bass and drums, Closer to what you hear for contemp. music.

Technics has a clear bright sound, ballroom, concert hall, light drums and bass.

My preference is the clear sound. I am using an EQ to color the sound when needed. It's not the same, but it gets closer.

I am using a stereo set-up, wires from keyboard to EQ, to two JBL powered speakers.
If I ever get to adding a bass woofer, I feel I'll have more than I want. The EQ and woofer
will bring the drums and bass to the front.
John C.

#43150 - 10/15/05 12:43 AM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi forumers
While we're on the subject of Tyros to Technics has anyone ever converted the style "tijuana" at all ?? I heard that with intro 3 ( I think ) and it really captured the mood. I would greatly appreciate a copy if anyone has done it.( grovel, grovel )
Regards to all
Eddie

#43151 - 10/16/05 02:32 PM Re: Yamaha Style need in Technics format
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Nick,

You needn't worry about your interest in contemporary music for I am the same. Even though I've clocked a few years, I still love any type of music that gets the feet 'tapping' One of the fun things I like to do is play conventional tunes with unconventional styles and tempos. i.e: I play Teddy Bears Picnic to "Dance Club" and Crazy For You to "Swaying" - you get the picture? My grandson who is a budding DJ says I'm "Cool" so it would seem I'm doing something right ha! ha!

Aud (U.K.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online