SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#43102 - 08/20/02 01:59 PM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
"... Hang loose and wait is my advice ..."
Just a thought - What if everyone did this ?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43103 - 08/21/02 07:59 AM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
"... Hang loose and wait is my advice ..."
Just a thought - What if everyone did this ?

IF Everyone did this the supply and demand would dictate a price that eveyone is willing to pay. Inflated demand creates inflated pricing, especially when the piano dealers can set their own "gouge" price:-(
Bebop

#43104 - 08/21/02 02:43 PM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Bill Norrie Offline

You've missed the point Bill, I was not referring to the price. What I was saying was that if everybody hung back and didn't buy the Instrument, then how would we find the possible bugs?
In the past, I have always upgraded as soon as the new model became available and can honestly say that I have never been disappointed, or regretted it. OK, there were bugs in the software, but they were eventually sorted out. The discovery of bugs can be extremely frustrating, but show me a complex piece of software that does not contain bugs.
I'm quite happy to be one of the 'Type Testers' and have been advised today, that I will have my KN7000 this weekend. As far as price is concerned, I have been quoted considerably less than the UK recommended retail price - loyalty to a supplier pays off! - at least it does in my case

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#43105 - 08/21/02 09:15 PM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Talked to my dealer today about the 7000, which he has already ordered for several others. I asked the price and he blew my mind: he said he was selling it for US$4995!! I was so shocked that I couldn't question him further (to ask about a discount, etc.). So, I ask any of you other Americans, what price (U.S. dollars please) is being quoted to you for this instrument? If I can translate (and as some others of you have done for me earlier) from Euros or British pounds, the price seems to vary between about US$2500 and US$4000 or so. But $4995--ye gads! Your reactions, please!!!

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 08-21-2002).]

#43106 - 08/23/02 07:41 AM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
I visited a kn7000 demonstration at my dealer yesterday. His selling price (in The Netherlands)is €3995.-. I do not know the trade in price for my kn6000 yet but I am afraid that I have to deal with my wife first. I will wait for the right moment.
Bert

#43107 - 08/23/02 07:47 AM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
This is the price in Belgium:
Technics SX KN-7000
List price : 4472 Euro (180400 BEF)
Best Price 2956,69 Euro without tax .
Jouw Beste Prijs All-In : 2956,69 Euro + 620,9 Euro tax + administration = 3600,6 Euro ! (145248 BEF)
Alain

#43108 - 08/23/02 09:01 AM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
Talked to my dealer today about the 7000, I asked the price and he blew my mind: he said he was selling it for US$4995!!

This clearly points out the chief problem with Technics KN keyboard sales in the US. Unlike Europe, KN keyobard distribution is limited to traditional acoustic piano/organ stores only, where astronomicaly high dealer profit margin is the normal mode of operantus. Piano/organ stores aren't typically high volume dealers, so compensate by requiring high profits for fewer sales. Herein lies the problem. Piano stores think they can jack up the prices on their Technics portable KN arrangers the same way they do with their Grand Pianos & Organs, and Technics USA seems to be allowing them to do this as well. How? The problem is that Technics USA (as far as I know), does not offer an official manufacterer list price. As a result, dealers can put a $6500 (or higher) sticker price on the kb and then tell you they are offering a special deal today, just for you, at $4995. The dealer paid $2000 (or less) for the board so that gives them a profit of almost $3000 dollars. The reason traditional piano store dealers have been getting away with this is because of customer ignorance. These dealers (historically) tend to prey on unsuspectingly naive retirees. Now that mainstream chain music stores (Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Synthplanet, etc) are now carrying competing arranger keyboard brands(Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Ketron, etc) which have equal quality & features, yet offered at substantially lower prices (between $1200 - $3000), Technics will hopefully finally WAKE UP and change its US sales policies.

If Technics USA wants to continue to compete (and WIN) in the portable arranger keyboard market, they must:

1) Give a suggested price for their KN keyboards and insist that their dealers provide this to their customers (upon request) as well. Yamaha, Ketron, Korg, Roland already do this, why doesn't Technics?

2) Expand KN keyboard sales to include mainstream music stores (Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc). This will only increase Techncis product exposure (and result in increased sales) and also allow customers to compare the Technics arrangers with Yamaha, Ketron, Roland, & Korg on an equal footing (side by side).

Scott

#43109 - 08/23/02 10:30 AM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
I do not know the trade in price for my kn6000 yet but I am afraid that I have to deal with my wife first. I will wait for the right moment.
Bert[/B][/QUOTE]

What sort of trade in price are you expecting
for the wife Bert????? Walter.

#43110 - 08/23/02 12:28 PM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Bill Norrie Offline

Walter...... You Little Devil

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#43111 - 08/23/02 09:29 PM Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B] This clearly points out the chief problem with Technics KN keyboard sales in the US.

Thanks, Scott, for a well thought-out and very well expressed comment on the sales needs for Technics. I have received a number of replies from other Technics enthusiasts via e-mail concerning the price for the 7000 and now I have a base price range to work from in dealing with my local dealer. Thanks a lot!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online