Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ????

Posted by: Alain

Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/17/02 07:12 AM

I saw the price for the technics kn7000 on http://www.piens.be/product.lasso?pr=21812

What a big difference in price ...I asked for there best price and they answered 4147,06 Euro
This is to much ...I have to admit.

Alain
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/17/02 09:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alain:
...I asked for there best price and they answered 4147,06 Euro
This is to much ...I have to admit.
+++++++++++++++++
You're not kidding too much. They must be having a laugh.
That is £2,660.98
top price in the UK is £2099
Posted by: Bill Norrie

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/17/02 02:34 PM

What a RIPOFF

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/17/02 02:50 PM

Ripoff???
If you take a trip to Norway (or Sweden) you
will probably get yourself a heartatack when
you see the prices here.
4147,06 Euro is about 30.000 N.Kr., and to be
honest, I think that will not be enough to buy
the new KN here.
My guess is that we have to add even 1/6 more
to that price in this area
GJ

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/17/02 04:28 PM

Hi Gunnar, Is that price due to high tax on item which you purchase?
I was told quite a long time ago, that although Income tax in Norway was quite low the government got it back by having higher taxes on retail goods, or has that all changed now?

------------------
Willum
Posted by: Ted Rose

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/17/02 08:51 PM

Can anyone interpret these prices into US$ (U.S. dollars)? I have tried to get a price from my local dealer and he has been elusive at best. Any information from my American friends who might know would be appreciated.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/18/02 02:16 AM

Hi Ted, I don't know if it means much, with different sales Tax rates in different parts of the world but direct conversion of the above quoted prices, at 18th Aug :
4147 Euro = US$4094 : £2100 = US$3231

The UK price includes 17.5% Value added Tax which would make the basic price £1787.23 (US$2750)
Hope this helps

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 08-18-2002).]
Posted by: tonkan

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/18/02 04:01 AM

The price at synthplanet is 3849 Euro.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/18/02 04:10 AM

Yes but withtout tax 21 %

I asked for a price offer and there best price was:
4147,06 Euro
Posted by: ogre

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/18/02 06:01 AM

Have you thought of buying from a UK dealer - who may even give a discount (hopefully). Even if you have to pay for delivery it may work out less expensive?

Peter

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/18/02 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Gunnar, Is that price due to high tax on item which you purchase.....

Hi Bill, it's a combination of both, but you're
right, this is really a hight tax area.
When you add the dealers high income to it, then
the prices grow fast.
(Guess I'll fire up some heat now, eh?)

Just listen to the tourists visiting this country,
they're getting a bit of a shock when they realize
how it is.........
GJ
Posted by: waterschip

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/19/02 02:57 AM

Hi Alain,

I thought you had already bought (ordered) a KN7000 and trade in your old keyboard.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/19/02 05:29 AM

Hello,
Yes already sold my kn6500 and I ordered a technics kn7000...some month ago.
I am still waiting to become my kn7000.
I made a prepayment at the shop...so the first one they receive is mine.

Alain

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/19/02 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alain:
...so the first one they receive is mine.

Good, then I wait for the ones without the
bugs as we know usually shows up at the first
ones....
GJ
Posted by: waterschip

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 02:41 AM

So what did you pay for it. Or had you placed your order at Piens??

rgds
Willem

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 09:20 AM

Hello,
No I don't know the right price yet.

I will certainly not place my order at Piens....very very very expensive.
I go for Keymusic in Roeselare.
Alain

[This message has been edited by Alain (edited 08-20-2002).]
Posted by: Impuls

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 11:45 AM

Alain,
Retail price in Holland &Germany approx:
3200€ incl
For the Tyros 2999€
Someone made a big mistake in pricing.

Regards
Arno

ps: i played the KN7000 for about 4hours
and i liked it ,but it is not a big step forwards compared the KN6500.
And i missed the sound controller(magicball).
Posted by: Brian Goodison

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 12:07 PM

Whats all the rush, can't you fellows wait

sit back and relax and play your KN6000/6500's for the next six months or so
while the bug's have been sorted out and they are sitting on the dealers shelves gathering dust then go in and get a good price . The salesmen must be rubbing their hands with glee over you.
I hav'nt heard that it's a limited edition
and they are only making so many to make it a collecters item or have I missed that somewhere along the line. Hang loose and wait is my advice

regards

Brian
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 12:58 PM

It took 7 upgrades with the 6000 to get it right. Brian and Gunnar, I am with you and intend to wait until I hear no complaints.
Posted by: Johnnie.c

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 01:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
[B]It took 7 upgrades with the 6000 to get it right.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

It took ten for the KN5000

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/20/02 01:59 PM

"... Hang loose and wait is my advice ..."
Just a thought - What if everyone did this ?

------------------
Willum
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/21/02 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
"... Hang loose and wait is my advice ..."
Just a thought - What if everyone did this ?

IF Everyone did this the supply and demand would dictate a price that eveyone is willing to pay. Inflated demand creates inflated pricing, especially when the piano dealers can set their own "gouge" price:-(
Bebop

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/21/02 02:43 PM

You've missed the point Bill, I was not referring to the price. What I was saying was that if everybody hung back and didn't buy the Instrument, then how would we find the possible bugs?
In the past, I have always upgraded as soon as the new model became available and can honestly say that I have never been disappointed, or regretted it. OK, there were bugs in the software, but they were eventually sorted out. The discovery of bugs can be extremely frustrating, but show me a complex piece of software that does not contain bugs.
I'm quite happy to be one of the 'Type Testers' and have been advised today, that I will have my KN7000 this weekend. As far as price is concerned, I have been quoted considerably less than the UK recommended retail price - loyalty to a supplier pays off! - at least it does in my case

------------------
Willum

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/21/02 09:15 PM

Talked to my dealer today about the 7000, which he has already ordered for several others. I asked the price and he blew my mind: he said he was selling it for US$4995!! I was so shocked that I couldn't question him further (to ask about a discount, etc.). So, I ask any of you other Americans, what price (U.S. dollars please) is being quoted to you for this instrument? If I can translate (and as some others of you have done for me earlier) from Euros or British pounds, the price seems to vary between about US$2500 and US$4000 or so. But $4995--ye gads! Your reactions, please!!!

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 08-21-2002).]
Posted by: Bert Aarts

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 07:41 AM

I visited a kn7000 demonstration at my dealer yesterday. His selling price (in The Netherlands)is €3995.-. I do not know the trade in price for my kn6000 yet but I am afraid that I have to deal with my wife first. I will wait for the right moment.
Bert

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 07:47 AM

Hello,
This is the price in Belgium:
Technics SX KN-7000
List price : 4472 Euro (180400 BEF)
Best Price 2956,69 Euro without tax .
Jouw Beste Prijs All-In : 2956,69 Euro + 620,9 Euro tax + administration = 3600,6 Euro ! (145248 BEF)
Alain
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
Talked to my dealer today about the 7000, I asked the price and he blew my mind: he said he was selling it for US$4995!!

This clearly points out the chief problem with Technics KN keyboard sales in the US. Unlike Europe, KN keyobard distribution is limited to traditional acoustic piano/organ stores only, where astronomicaly high dealer profit margin is the normal mode of operantus. Piano/organ stores aren't typically high volume dealers, so compensate by requiring high profits for fewer sales. Herein lies the problem. Piano stores think they can jack up the prices on their Technics portable KN arrangers the same way they do with their Grand Pianos & Organs, and Technics USA seems to be allowing them to do this as well. How? The problem is that Technics USA (as far as I know), does not offer an official manufacterer list price. As a result, dealers can put a $6500 (or higher) sticker price on the kb and then tell you they are offering a special deal today, just for you, at $4995. The dealer paid $2000 (or less) for the board so that gives them a profit of almost $3000 dollars. The reason traditional piano store dealers have been getting away with this is because of customer ignorance. These dealers (historically) tend to prey on unsuspectingly naive retirees. Now that mainstream chain music stores (Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Synthplanet, etc) are now carrying competing arranger keyboard brands(Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Ketron, etc) which have equal quality & features, yet offered at substantially lower prices (between $1200 - $3000), Technics will hopefully finally WAKE UP and change its US sales policies.

If Technics USA wants to continue to compete (and WIN) in the portable arranger keyboard market, they must:

1) Give a suggested price for their KN keyboards and insist that their dealers provide this to their customers (upon request) as well. Yamaha, Ketron, Korg, Roland already do this, why doesn't Technics?

2) Expand KN keyboard sales to include mainstream music stores (Sam Ash, Guitar Center, etc). This will only increase Techncis product exposure (and result in increased sales) and also allow customers to compare the Technics arrangers with Yamaha, Ketron, Roland, & Korg on an equal footing (side by side).

Scott
Posted by: Walter McLaren

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 10:30 AM

I do not know the trade in price for my kn6000 yet but I am afraid that I have to deal with my wife first. I will wait for the right moment.
Bert[/B][/QUOTE]

What sort of trade in price are you expecting
for the wife Bert????? Walter.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 12:28 PM

Walter...... You Little Devil

------------------
Willum

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 09:29 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B] This clearly points out the chief problem with Technics KN keyboard sales in the US.

Thanks, Scott, for a well thought-out and very well expressed comment on the sales needs for Technics. I have received a number of replies from other Technics enthusiasts via e-mail concerning the price for the 7000 and now I have a base price range to work from in dealing with my local dealer. Thanks a lot!
Posted by: Stewart G

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 08/23/02 10:48 PM

I actually got a very fair price on the KN7000 from a local dealer... Will still have to wait 30 to 60 days for it though.

It maybe the only one he sells he has never sold anything but the Technics Pianos..

BTW they are more than $2000.. as for the other boards we all know nothing really compares to the KN keyboards... Or we'd be buying their $2000 keyboards

And Sam Ash did sell Technics Keyboards at one time( it was about 12 years ago I believe) but lost the franchice for discounting them and selling out of his territory

[This message has been edited by Stewart G (edited 08-23-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Stewart G (edited 08-23-2002).]

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/02/02 09:00 AM

Today I get to know what price there is to be payed
for a KN7000 here in Norway when it shows up sometime
in October.
It's not what I call any good offer, the most expensive
KN ever in this area.

Norwegian Kroner 32.995,-.
Todays currency will be in some other values:
£ 2845,-
Euro 4470,-
USD 4395,-

The next question is what prices we will see for the
addons such as SD card, cardreader, soundcards etc.
Lucky you who don't live in Norway. (or Sweden)
I'm really sorry, but to me it looks more like:
Bye bye Technics, hello Ketron SD1!
GJ

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/02/02 09:06 AM

Hello,
The deleveries off the kn7000 will be this or next week in Belgium.
The price for the kn7000 is 3250 Euro.
The ew03 is also available next week for 265 Euro.
As for the sd cards you can buy them on Ebay ...
I found several Sd cards on http://www.ebay.com
The price was 65 Dollar for a Sd card off 128 Mb.

Greetings,
Alain
Posted by: Lloyd Erickson

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/02/02 11:34 AM

Horray to all those who "dive in" and buy when the instrument first comes out.
We have waited months now for the KN7000 to hit dealers shelfs and have read anything and everything about them.
Those who are afraid of the "bugs" are those who worry too much.
These problems get solved and the first owners get to find them and report them.
To each his own but I cannot wait to get a 7000 ASAP. Guess that's what makes the world go round. Lloyd
Posted by: Bud Whipple

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/06/02 01:56 PM

I finally got to touch a kn7000 today, and was impressed with the looks of the unit - it reminded me of a big Cadillac with chrome bumpers. The sound was also impressive compared to the kn6000, and I will probably get around to buying one in the near future as soon as I can find a buyer for my old keyboard. The price of the kn7000 in North Carolina will run from $3000 to $3995 depending on the condition of your trade-in. Maybe cash will gain a discount, but it will be cash and carry. Phone orders will bring top dollar. Sooooo.....
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/06/02 11:30 PM

That's an old used car trick to change the price based on trade. It's alot of crap too. The price should not change if you're trading or not ...... anyone that thinks they are getting a great deal because the trade is inflated needs to educate themselves in the art of consumer protection and smart shopping.
I can get any of you a new 7000 for $3000US. Trades are accepted, and will be quoted at wholesale price ... if I SEE the trade. No trades will be accepted unless they are seen and tested first. The kn7k will be new and in a factory, unopoened package - full warentee ..... full Panasonic support.
Don't fall for that hype and unfair inflated prices. It's just a keyboard, not a car!

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/07/02 01:14 AM

I just checked the KN7000 price at SynthPlanet (Belguim): $2535.36 US dollars (3130.4 EURO). Shipping to USA is $94.64 + customs duty (approx $100) SynthPlanet also confirms that the KN7000 is currently 'in stock'. Pluses: SynthPlanet's low price, and no sales tax for US purchasers.

Potential problems/risks: No US Warranty (must be shipped back to Belguim for warranty service coverage); requires a voltage (step down) converter to work in the US.

Is the $ savings sufficient enough to warrant the risk of purchasing overseas? hmmmm.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/07/02 03:50 AM

I doubt it Scott, saving about 270 bucks is probably not worth it with no warranty and the possibility os shipping damage. Also the requirement for a 230v to 110v transformer will add to the cost and of course, discovering that you've left the transformer at home, when you unpack at a gig
I think I'd be inclined to try Uncle Dave's offer.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 09-07-2002).]
Posted by: Bert Aarts

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/07/02 10:32 AM

Scott, you have calculated with the wrong exchange rate. current rate is 1 US$ = € 1.01, so the price for KN7000 if bought at Synthplanet will be about $ 3100

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 09/07/02 11:04 AM

Hi Bert, the price I gave was NOT calculated by me. Both the $2535.36 US dollar amount as well as the $3130.4 Euro dollar amount are shown on the SynthPlanet site itself. Go to http://www.SynthPlanet.com and then enter 'KN7000' in the database search to see what I mean. I admit that even at $2535.36 plus shipping & customs duty charges, and then having to purchase a step down voltage coverter, it may not be worth the savings to risk not having any kind of US warranty coverage. The determining factor is just 'how much' the KN7000 will actually be selling for here in the US. The higher the US selling price, the more attractive the SynthPlanet alternative will be. You need to determine how much the warranty coverage is worth vs possible out of pocket expenses for repairs. Your decision will also be based on just how much of a gambler (risk taker) you are.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/01/02 01:41 AM

We are selling KN7000 in Singapore USD$2500 only call 013-3531288 or mail cckeong_2000@yahoo.com if interested
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/01/02 12:19 PM

A U.S. dealer told me last week (via telephone) that his selling price for the 7000 was $2,495. He said he had received two shipments which were quickly sold out and was waiting for his third.
Posted by: KN_Fan

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/01/02 05:06 PM

Anybody got good legitimate leads on where I can get my hands on the KN 7000, let me know. I can actually get one for a pretty decent price overseas, but the risk of sending it here (lots of delicate electronic stuff inside like the CD burner and what not) making me think twice...

IF the $2500 price in the U.S is proven to be true (plus how much sales tax??), I'll abandon the idea of importing it from overseas, the thing is...how do I know if the seller here is legitimate or the product is really new? I don't want to pay in advance for products unseen.

KN_Fan

email me at aznjive@hotmail.com
Posted by: jimlaing

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/01/02 06:27 PM

You mentioned the CD burner - I don't think the KN-7000 has one of those ...

Jim

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/01/02 09:30 PM

$2495 US dollars for the 7000!!!! Where in the US is that dealer and how can (s)he possibly sell it for that price. Excuse me if I am somewhat dubious!

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 10-01-2002).]
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/03/02 11:58 AM

Ted:
Check out the Sound Center at 800-530-7227 or 800-418-9954 and ask for Jimmy.
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/03/02 11:28 PM

I can still get new 7000s for $3000 US.
Posted by: KN_Fan

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/06/02 09:47 AM

Hi All,

I probably misread it somewhere (on the internet) when I thought the KN had that CD burning capability.

Yes, with the grossly inflated price by some sales people/distributors here in the U.S (they should take "marketing/sales 101 again in school, selling 50% more from other comparable (or better products) don't work) I'm seriously considering the Tyros at this point...and I'm a LONG TIME devoted KN user (make that a TECHNICS user, from the AX-7 era).

The ONLY (and I repeat ONLY) thing that keeps me from buying a Yamaha at this point, is I'm so used to the user friendlyness of Technics "composer", if Yamaha has the exact same thing (or better), bye bye KN.....(unless I can get my hands on the 7000 for $2500 as somebody here mentioned, then I'll get BOTH the KN and the Tyros....

Also Scott, you won't need a step down generator I think..cause I got my KN6000 overseas, it came with dual voltage switch at the back of the product.

KN_Fan.

Re: Price for the technics kn7000 at Musicplanet ???? - 10/06/02 03:11 PM

With a cash purchase the price in Central Florida, USA should be about the same as the KN6500 sold for after it had been on the market for a year.....$3500. The problem now is the availability. There is a 2 or 3 month wail to get your instrument. Spelled wait wrong but wail fits.
Appears that Technics after dropping their Organ line have not upped production of Keyboards. The profit line must not be in Keyboards in the USA or they would flood the market.
US warranty and local dealer is worth something.

Fran in Florida